RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2019, 05:05 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowlby View Post
We are current Tiffin owners thinking about moving to a Newmar coach.
Looking for your thoughts on the dealers for the best deal,service and overall product knowledge of the Newmar line.

Thanks!
If you are in Florida I would recommend Independence RV in Winter Garden. They only sell Newmars and we had a great experience with our purchase recently.

PandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2019, 07:23 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
I have a little different take on recommending.
Let me add, we were shopping for used.
When we started our search, we narrowed our choices down to a couple of Newmar dealers we thought we could work with.
One in MN and one in IN. They have been mentioned in this thread.
I called and emailed the rep specifically IN twice and could not even get a return call. The one in MN we had direct contact with from consecutive shows in the MPLS area. We even gave them a target price and date range we were looking at. Radio silent.

My point is, I would start with how you are treated initially as well. It will probably be a good indication of how the rest of the process will go. I am not talking about 'salesman promises', this is strictly on how you are initially treated.
Lost sales are lost sales only to be gained by someone else/dealer that is open to the idea that communication is a good thing with potential customers.
I'm just going to throw this out there. It may or may not apply reference emailing a business for an inquiry. As a small contractor we used to get emails for quote requests from different parts of the country. 90% of them were scams so we ended up just erasing any of those types of emails.

As far as phone requests and calls, we returned all of those of course if we couldn't answer.

FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:54 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff426 View Post
Check out Steinbrings in Minnesota. Talk to Lee or Jon. They were awesome and if we did it again they would get our business!
All the best,

Jeff and Lynn
I second this endorsement. Lee Probert and Jon at Steinbring treaded us like royalty. When our local Michigan Newmar dealer had no 2018 Dutch Stars on the lot and the order deadline had passed for 2018's, I called Steinbring and they had one 4369 on order that hadn't been spoken for. I worked with Lee and my wife and I ended up trading our 2015 Dutch Star for a new 2018. Couldn't be more satisfied with the way we were treaded.
Michman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:11 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi jbowlby,
Consider North Trail RV very large inventory. They carry the full line of Newmar coaches. Ask for Diesel Dan Cutting. He sells more Newmars than anybody. Been selling Newmar for years. He will sell the product not you.
We went to north trail RV last year looking to buy a Newmar, but they did not have one that exactly met our list. I told them I would be willing to order one if the price was right. One of the DWs requirements was that she needed to know if she was going to feel comfortable driving a much larger coach than the one we had, so we needed a test drive for her. If she did not feel comfortable driving it, we would not move forward with the purchase. We were told that they could not let her drive it until we were already committed to purchase. We said bye bye and literally the next day purchased our Tiffin Phaeton from Lazy Days up the road in Tampa. When we told the salesman this story, he said just pick one out and we will take her out for a spin. We have not been sorry we got the Phaeton for even a single second.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:55 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Dylan's NJ ...

Hands down the place to buy from, you would be doing yourself a des service not calling them.
Chief Alen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:34 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Well.....too bad you're not out west. The best dealer in the west is Tom Lindstrom. A small dealership with personal service and great knowledge of the products. He's been a top ten dealer for many years.
Agree wholeheartedly!!! If we buy another coach, we'll buy from Tom.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:20 PM   #35

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
You must get preferential treatment. Everyone else I know has to leave the coach there for two weeks to get the ash tray emptied.
We ordered our 2019 through North Trail, Steven Ratcliff was our salesman. He was very patient with us through the ordering process and we were quite happy with the bottom line as compared to the other Newmar dealers we had quote. We did have a trade.

What little service work we have needed so far was done on schedule.

We winter in Ft Myers so having a dealer this close that has treated us well so far is a comfort with an investment of this size.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:55 PM   #36

Recently made my used purchase from Steinbring in Garfield, MN (take delivery in a couple of weeks). Have worked with a number of dealers over the years buying several different brands. Hands down, the most knowledgeable dealer I've worked with (Rich Probert) and for a couple questions I asked that he didn't know off the top of his head, he didn't try to buffalo me, but simply said he'd get an answer...and he did.

Can't speak for other Newmar dealers listed here, but I can say I'm impressed with so many good reviews.
NCC-1701A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:19 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
We went to north trail RV last year looking to buy a Newmar, but they did not have one that exactly met our list. I told them I would be willing to order one if the price was right. One of the DWs requirements was that she needed to know if she was going to feel comfortable driving a much larger coach than the one we had, so we needed a test drive for her. If she did not feel comfortable driving it, we would not move forward with the purchase. We were told that they could not let her drive it until we were already committed to purchase. We said bye bye and literally the next day purchased our Tiffin Phaeton from Lazy Days up the road in Tampa. When we told the salesman this story, he said just pick one out and we will take her out for a spin. We have not been sorry we got the Phaeton for even a single second.
We actually could have passed you on the road last year! We were drawn to Lazy Days initially because they got in a used Tiffin bus. We drove up to see it and they said they couldn't "legally" show it to us because it was in the prep stage, whatever that meant. They tired everything to sell us a 2 year old Entegra and encouraged us to test drive it. The thing steered so bad I almost couldn't keep it in a lane on I-4.

The next week we found our coach at North Trail and within another week had negotiated a really great deal. Prior to making the actual final offer and signing anything we did a 45 minutes test drive.

The salesmen at Lazy Days kept calling us about the Entegra. It got so bad he was calling several times a day even after I insisted he stop. I finally had to call his boss to get him to stop.

It is amazing how different peoples experiences can be.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:46 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This is our first motor home so we don't have tonnes of experience like many of the posters do but I still feel compelled to comment. Our dealer is NIRVC, Lewisville, Tx. I can't imagine a better sales, PDI, service, or follow up experience. We couldn't be happier with our DS or our dealer!
Old 04-27-2019, 08:59 AM   #39

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
NIRVC in Atlanta, Lewisville, Texas and Las Vegas all carry Newmar and are great to deal with and even better with service after the sale.
Ditto!

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor, Newmar KK Lone Stars South
Dutch Star David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:09 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another vote for Steinbring. Treated very fair on the trade in of my TS for the MADP.
Larson RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:51 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockdar View Post
This is our first motor home so we don't have tonnes of experience like many of the posters do but I still feel compelled to comment. Our dealer is NIRVC, Lewisville, Tx. I can't imagine a better sales, PDI, service, or follow up experience. We couldn't be happier with our DS or our dealer!
And that is what counts! I feel the exact same way about my experience with North Trail. Congrats on your new coach!
Old 04-27-2019, 05:33 PM   #42

I was searching the Newmar Forum trying to figure out how best to sell our 2017 Newmar Dutchstar 4018. Our health is such that we have decided to part with our coach. If you might be interested in the coach or can give me advice on the best way to market it, I would love to hear from you. Freightliner chassis. Approximately 11000 miles, heated floor.

charperry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, newmar