Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2019, 08:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowlby View Post
We are current Tiffin owners thinking about moving to a Newmar coach.
Looking for your thoughts on the dealers for the best deal,service and overall product knowledge of the Newmar line.

Thanks!
Does distance matter? It looks like you are from TN so you have been fairly close to Red Bay. If it were me I would think about either a dealer within 100 or so miles of your home or in an area where you may possibly be planning on spending the winter months, if you travel then.

We sold a home on SW Florida and return to the area each winter in our coach. It was a no brainer for us to deal with North Trail. They are a large dealership and IMHO have a great service department and sales staff.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2019, 12:52 PM   #16

X 5. for Midway in Grand Rapids, MI.....Chad is great.
Pikkleballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:30 PM   #17

Check out Steinbrings in Minnesota. Talk to Lee or Jon. They were awesome and if we did it again they would get our business!
All the best,

Jeff and Lynn
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:09 PM   #18

When was the last time we saw so many positive comments in a thread!

I will input my vote for Dave Kobos at NIRV in ATL for sales, but also double that for their service in ATL and Dallas. I was able to get service with 2 weeks notice. I tried another Newmar dealer in S FL, and asked for an appointment 2 months out, and they were booked 3 months out! Just Sayin!
Bchtravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #19

Another thumbs up for North Trail! We have purchased two Newmar Class A’s from them. We were treated fairly both times. As we had a trade-in each time, we felt we got good value for our previous coach and the new coach. They have a large selection and if you are looking for a specific coach and features, they go out of their way to keep you appraised of trade-ins that fit your specifications.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:29 PM   #20

Well thanks to everyone!
Yes we have a TN address but now are full timing. Winters in AZ and summers in Michigan.

We will take a look at Midway.
jbowlby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTNaples View Post
Another thumbs up for North Trail! We have purchased two Newmar Class A’s from them. We were treated fairly both times. As we had a trade-in each time, we felt we got good value for our previous coach and the new coach. They have a large selection and if you are looking for a specific coach and features, they go out of their way to keep you appraised of trade-ins that fit your specifications.
You must get preferential treatment. Everyone else I know has to leave the coach there for two weeks to get the ash tray emptied.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:51 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
You must get preferential treatment. Everyone else I know has to leave the coach there for two weeks to get the ash tray emptied.

I can only speak to my experience. I have never dropped my coach off and then had it sit 2 weeks with nothing being done. I’ve waited for parts, but that was a Ford issue with our previous coach. During season with the number of owners that winter here in SW Florida, it can be tough to get a service appointment. That’s why the year round owners like my self get their service done before November or after April. I will say, they have always been accommodating, courteous and thorough.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
I've heard a couple people say "I know a guy who.....", but I have never personally talked to anyone who has been treated bad by North Trail service.

Maybe it makes a difference if you actually purchase your coach from them and then return for repair/service, I don't know. The only thing I have to base my recommendation on is how they have treated us during this first 18 months or so and they have been top notch all the way.

I don't understand why anyone would leave their coach at any repair facility for two weeks unless it was wrecked and not drivable, doesn't sound right to me. We certainly would never do that.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:09 AM   #24

I have a little different take on recommending.
Let me add, we were shopping for used.
When we started our search, we narrowed our choices down to a couple of Newmar dealers we thought we could work with.
One in MN and one in IN. They have been mentioned in this thread.
I called and emailed the rep specifically IN twice and could not even get a return call. The one in MN we had direct contact with from consecutive shows in the MPLS area. We even gave them a target price and date range we were looking at. Radio silent.

My point is, I would start with how you are treated initially as well. It will probably be a good indication of how the rest of the process will go. I am not talking about 'salesman promises', this is strictly on how you are initially treated.
Lost sales are lost sales only to be gained by someone else/dealer that is open to the idea that communication is a good thing with potential customers.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #25

We recently traded for an awesome new Ventana 4037.
We narrowed the dealers to North Trail, Mount Comfort and NIRVC and purchased from NIRVC.
Thumbs up for both Mount Comfort and NIRVC, and thumbs down for North Trail.
Not Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
NIRVC in Atlanta, Lewisville, Texas and Las Vegas all carry Newmar and are great to deal with and even better with service after the sale.
X at least 2
Old 04-24-2019, 11:32 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Can't go wrong with Midway. Our sales experience was with Kyle but we've heard the other sales rep is equally good.

For what its worth, we shopped Northtrail, it was not a good experience. Out of 6 bids solicited theirs was second highest, 40k higher than what we ended up with at Midway. They want to "steal" your trade if buying in May, going into their slow period I suspect. Michigan is opposite. Spring brings their buyers out of hibernation.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #28

We have been treated very well at NIRVC in Atlanta (Lawrenceville) and Dave Kobos was our sales person. Todd Springs is the GM there and is a very hands on kind of guy. He is awesome; very easy to talk to and will take care of anything.

The service dept has been fantastic taking care of all of our issues and overall the whole organization in Lawrenceville is outstanding.

Tags
dealer, newmar