Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2017, 09:38 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGriffin View Post
Funny! I wrote this more than a year ago, and the three people I talk about have been mentioned in these replies! Please see Life in the Slow Lane: Dealer Recommendations
Thanks for the info. I am hoping to start the quote process as soon as the sale of my motorhome is complete next week.

reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2017, 10:31 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We used Gary Toles at the Dallas/Lewisville branch of NIRVC. Could not be more pleased with him and our 2017 DSDP 4369. Recommend both highly.

eggman1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:04 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman1950 View Post
We used Gary Toles at the Dallas/Lewisville branch of NIRVC. Could not be more pleased with him and our 2017 DSDP 4369. Recommend both highly.
Gary was our salesman as well. Very knowledgeable, keenly informed, sharing & caring - he's a great one to work with and just a helluva nice guy!
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:31 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
As of yesterday there was only 4 - 40' LE chassis left. Now there is only 3 left. We went with Independence RV and David Scott. NIRVC was over $7,000 more.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:04 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
We talked to David Scott at Independence and found him great to talk to. FSUDelt gave us his name and were very happy. David spent the better part of an afternoon talking to us and taking a test drive, introducing us to the service management team and answering all of our "Newbie" questions.

After soliciting quotes from 5 dealers we choose one closer to home. So I will offer up names of 2 more for consideration.

Midway in Grand Rapids, MI, Chad Demaat ( DW really liked him.) He gave us a great price. The deciding factor against was they were the closest to Nappanee and felt if we needed service we'd just go to the factory.

The other was Steinbring in Alexandra, MN. We worked with Jon Steinbring from the start and he has been stellar to deal with. Jon was the winner!

We are now in the long winter of waiting for the build and Factory Delivery! Maybe we'll see you on the road after you make your choice of dealers. IMHO you've already made the right choice of coaches!
So you wanted a dealer further away from your home?
If you have Newmar AND Midway nearby, how is that a deciding factor against Midway?
I am also close to Newmar, I have had situations arise that I needed help ASAP and Newmar was booked, Midway was a God send. I don't understand your logic......
Old 03-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #20

Looks like John is just outside Wausau, WI. Closer to Steinbring from there. 4 hour drive instead of 7 and avoids Chicago traffic.
ghaynes754 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:57 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
As of yesterday there was only 4 - 40' LE chassis left. Now there is only 3 left. We went with Independence RV and David Scott. NIRVC was over $7,000 more.

Congrats! Now the fun begins waiting for build & delivery. I think you'll be very happy w Independence & David, he was our salesman on our recent build & delivery. They gave us best price right up front w no negotiations.
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:57 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
"So you wanted a dealer further away from your home?
If you have Newmar AND Midway nearby, how is that a deciding factor against Midway?
I am also close to Newmar, I have had situations arise that I needed help ASAP and Newmar was booked, Midway was a God send. I don't understand your logic......"

"Looks like John is just outside Wausau, WI. Closer to Steinbring from there. 4 hour drive instead of 7 and avoids Chicago traffic."

Exactly. If we had to go as far east as Midway we could just as well go to Newmar. By going with Steinbring we had a place closer to our home town if needed and closer to the western part of the country if we are over that a way. Having two places to get service that are not on top of each other makes sense for us as we will be full timing and could be coming from any direction.
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:56 AM   #23

I think you will be happy with Independence and especially David Scott. I have found Independence to have a great service department in the past. Hopefully, you will not need them much anyways. I have had very good luck with my three Newmar coaches. I recently purchased a 2016 Ventana LE and I think you are going to love that coach. IMO, the best bang for your buck in diesel coaches. Your not going to get the power of a larger engine motorhome - but you are going to love the ride and the fuel economy! Mine drives like a dream - until I had drove one, I had no idea how much difference comfort drive actually made. I sold a very nice 2006 Dutch Star on a Spartan Mountain Master chassis - a great coach and it drove well - but nothing like the Ventana does. FYI, I took a 2016 leftover at a dealer and it was the model 4044.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #24

John when you get your coach the former KOA about 2 miles from Steinbring is a nice spot to stay. Family that owns it is great. Stayed there last November when I took a road trip to the factory and then stopped at Midway and Steinbring to meet with them during my research for a dealer.
ghaynes754 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
John when you get your coach the former KOA about 2 miles from Steinbring is a nice spot to stay. Family that owns it is great. Stayed there last November when I took a road trip to the factory and then stopped at Midway and Steinbring to meet with them during my research for a dealer.
Thank you and good to know! We are doing FPU but we will be at Steinbring's at some point I am sure.
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamaliel Kid View Post
I think you will be happy with Independence and especially David Scott. I have found Independence to have a great service department in the past. Hopefully, you will not need them much anyways. I have had very good luck with my three Newmar coaches. I recently purchased a 2016 Ventana LE and I think you are going to love that coach. IMO, the best bang for your buck in diesel coaches. Your not going to get the power of a larger engine motorhome - but you are going to love the ride and the fuel economy! Mine drives like a dream - until I had drove one, I had no idea how much difference comfort drive actually made. I sold a very nice 2006 Dutch Star on a Spartan Mountain Master chassis - a great coach and it drove well - but nothing like the Ventana does. FYI, I took a 2016 leftover at a dealer and it was the model 4044.

Sounds like you've changed your mind about your new LE. You were a little hesitant at first. I agree that it's the best bang for the buck at Newmar
We love ours. I'm now hauling a new Cricket golf cart in my Jeep and as soon as I complete the wiring I'm moving to a Ford F-150 for my toad.
Newmar Hoots looking for a roost
Bill Hunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #27

Bill -

So you're swapping out the Jeep for a F-150, huh?

We decided to remove the bed cover and will be carrying the cricket fully extended (minus only the vinyl top and windshield).

And to the OP and the discussion about David Scott, I highly recommend him. Easy to work with.

Mike
Old 03-05-2017, 05:35 AM   #28

Mike
Yes that's the plan. We're going to leave it extended as well. I didn't get the top or windshield and so far no regrets.
My grandson in law is a mechanic and his body can contort better than my old one can to get under the dash to install the relay for the lights on the PU.

Newmar Hoots looking for a roost
Bill Hunt is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, sale