Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsatori View Post
I am having trouble filling part of the times, I don't know why. Is it possible the fuel hose could be colapsing. At the truck pump I couldn't sqeesze the handle slow enough to get fuel in without it kicking off. both sides did it. I took the cap off the other side and still no luck. After 15 minutes and 10 gal. finally in I went to the rv island. Same problem. After a little while the fuel started flowing. The last fill up I had no problem. I checked the inlet hoses this morning and they go straight in the tank. ?????
dmsatori
Check your "fuel tank vent hose" a for low point, (a droop or sag in the vent hose can act as a trap and prevent air from escaping the tank as it is being filled)...resulting in multiple "pump shut offs" when filling and making it necessary to "trickle" fuel in.

I found a sag/droop in my vent hose and cut the vent hose 5" shorter, (which greatly improved the time necessary to fill my fuel tank).

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #16

I had the fuel cap off on the other side trying to vent the tank with no luck
dmsatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacer68 View Post
I would NOT recommend doing that. Tried it a couple times. It doesn't trigger the fuel nozzle to shut off when full and fuel will start spraying out the other side of the coach with the cap off.
Exactly!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsatori View Post
I had the fuel cap off on the other side trying to vent the tank with no luck
IMHO......Taking the cap off the other side won't vent the tank unless it's less than about half full. The fuel inlet pipes going into the tank are on the sides, not top. If they were on top then they would vent. Being on the sides, once the fuel gets above the inlet they will no longer act as a vent.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by t55watson View Post
You probably have duel fill, fill on both sides of coach. Remove the cap on the opposite side and fuel the rig. This will allow air to vent easily as air pressure is what triggers fill nozzle to shut off.
That works for me, always had an issue; then one day I tried opening my other fill and.. no more clicking the last 15 gals
Old 10-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten-Red View Post
IMHO......Taking the cap off the other side won't vent the tank unless it's less than about half full. The fuel inlet pipes going into the tank are on the sides, not top. If they were on top then they would vent. Being on the sides, once the fuel gets above the inlet they will no longer act as a vent.
It actually does work.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacer68 View Post
I would NOT recommend doing that. Tried it a couple times. It doesn't trigger the fuel nozzle to shut off when full and fuel will start spraying out the other side of the coach with the cap off.
I agree, I tried removing the cap on the opposite side and ended up with a big mess.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
I agree, I tried removing the cap on the opposite side and ended up with a big mess.
Same here. Big embarrassing mess at the fuel dock.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, fuel