Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Trading 2014 Canyon Star for Ventana LE

We are considering a trade up to diesel. We currently own a 2014 Canyon Star, 3610. I found a 2016 Ventana LE, 3709 that would meet our needs - bath and 1/2, residential refrigerator, etc. MSRP is $249835. From what I understand on this forum, the discount should be about 30% for 2016.

Now if I trade ours in, NADA shows a very high number - which I now is not possible. Low price is $135k (does have two bathrooms.)

Should I expect to get $100k on trade in?

I really am not sure how this should work. Any help would be appreciated - on or offline.

Bernie

2017 Ventana LE 3709
bwaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2016, 05:07 PM   #2

$115k @ 15% of retail price

Old 08-21-2016, 09:56 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
If I were you I'd try selling separately. Dealers will try to give you wholesale (way below NADA low retail) and you can sell at much closer to those NADA values. This is what we did, our old coach was not worth much and the dealer basically wanted us to give it to them. Asking price for the one Canyon Star 3610 is about $130K on RV Trader, you should be able to get reasonably close to that.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:50 PM   #4

Based on what I have seen on various dealership adds, RV trader ect, and what I've actually been offered, you should be able to get between $115k-$125K depending on condition, mileage,equipment ect. As far as the new purchase you would most likely be in the 25-28% discount off of msrp range. Maybe a little more if you sold your trade in on your own and didn't trade it in.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:39 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
We just checked out the value of ours either consigning through a dealer or selling it to them....or getting a trade value on a new coach...gas or diesel. Checked with three dealerships and a broker. The number is shocking. But the problem with trying to sell it on your own comes with potential buyers trying to get financing on their own. Kind of the "Rock & hard place" scenario. Best of luck with you decision and efforts.

Tags
vent, ventana