Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2015, 03:30 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Trading from Canyon Star to Ventana

I am leaving tomorrow from Kentucky to California to trade our 2013 Canyon Star 3953 for a new new never titled 2014 Ventana 4369. I'm fluctuating between excited and apprehensive. We love our Canyon Star and it feels like home but we thought a diesel would serve us better over the years when we become full timers. Since the Ventana was left over from the previous two years we think it's because of the decor....which would not be our first choice. Hoping we will feel at home in it in no time. A girlfriend of mine will keep me company on the trip and hubby will fly out to meet me and enjoy the drive back in our new ride. [moderator edit]
katiejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
How exciting is that? Congratulations and welcome to the Newmar DP family. The 4369 is my very favorite floor plan. Enjoy the ride home.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Make sure of the batteries

Since it has been sitting since 2014, make sure that the house and coach batteries are tested to as new standards. Newmar does not warranty batteries. Dealers have a bad habit of running the batteries down so low on the lot as they don't get driven and then they no longer hold the charge that they would if new. I would ask for a written battery warranty if they fail to hold a charge.

Congrats on the new coach, enjoy. Be interesting to see your reaction to Comfort Drive and a Diesel.

Regards,

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejo View Post
I am leaving tomorrow from Kentucky to California to trade our 2013 Canyon Star 3953 for a new new never titled 2014 Ventana 4369. I'm fluctuating between excited and apprehensive. We love our Canyon Star and it feels like home but we thought a diesel would serve us better over the years when we become full timers. Since the Ventana was left over from the previous two years we think it's because of the decor....which would not be our first choice. Hoping we will feel at home in it in no time. A girlfriend of mine will keep me company on the trip and hubby will fly out to meet me and enjoy the drive back in our new ride. [moderator edit]
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
It will be interesting to hear how you like the new ride. We considered doing the same thing. Absolutely love our Canyon Star but recently drove a 15 Ventana to see what we might be missing. No doubt, the ride is different. Very nice. You won't feel the expansion joints in the road anywhere near as much as you have been feeling them. We just struggle with the extra $$$$ to make the trade. I think that once you can get past that then the rest goes pretty well. So far we just haven't found something that has given us enough incentive to switch. We're happy for you and wish you all the best with your new Ventana.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:48 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDogRanch View Post
It will be interesting to hear how you like the new ride. We considered doing the same thing. Absolutely love our Canyon Star but recently drove a 15 Ventana to see what we might be missing. No doubt, the ride is different. Very nice. You won't feel the expansion joints in the road anywhere near as much as you have been feeling them. We just struggle with the extra $$$$ to make the trade. I think that once you can get past that then the rest goes pretty well. So far we just haven't found something that has given us enough incentive to switch. We're happy for you and wish you all the best with your new Ventana.
LongDog...... Have installed Koni's all the way around, did not tell wife when I did the rears and she even noticed the ride was better. First Trip out was over the Bay Bridge here and this bridge is Full of expansion joints.

My buddy has also added Sumo Springs and likes them also.
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
The cost has been our obstacle which is why we finally decided on the 2014 with the questionable decor. All the other options were ones we would have chosen. We've read all the debates and weighed out everything we could think of and decided to do it now before the Canyon Star decreased in value. We want to have it all paid off when hubby retires in four years. Our lifestyle will surely change to one of austerity until that happens but we've decided to view it as a challenge and part of the adventure. Heck, when he retires we will fell like he got a raise! Another good thing is that we both agree and are willing to do the financial sacrifices necessary to make it happen. That is important. Good thing I like to garden and preserve food and don't go shopping for a hobby��
Old 07-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell36 View Post
Since it has been sitting since 2014, make sure that the house and coach batteries are tested to as new standards. Newmar does not warranty batteries. Dealers have a bad habit of running the batteries down so low on the lot as they don't get driven and then they no longer hold the charge that they would if new. I would ask for a written battery warranty if they fail to hold a charge.

Congrats on the new coach, enjoy. Be interesting to see your reaction to Comfort Drive and a Diesel.

Regards,

Jim
Having just gone through this, If they are interstate batteries, The warantty period starts from date of Original Sale We bought our 2014 Bay Star in August of 2014. I just had both house batteries replaced. As you said, most times on the dealer's lot, the batteries will go dead. They will charge them up, if they have a reason. If there are any problems with the batteries, call Newmar Customer Support, they can work it out with the battery manufacturer.

But, you are correct. Newmar does not cover the batteries, it passes to the manufacturer. There is a date stamp on the batteries, and failing any other documentation, this is what the manufacturer goes by. That's why Newmar needs to be in the loop.
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:39 AM   #8

Ours was a never titled 2013 4318 that was delivered to the dealer in Jan of 2013 and purchased by us in Apr of 2014. The dealer offered right up front to install new Interstate batteries all around. The dealer was in MI and the batteries quite often freeze sitting on the lot over the winter if not kept charged. That was 8 coach and 2 chassis batterys.

Bill
OC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:31 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
CONGRATS ! gee-L-us

the all electric 4369 was the one we REALLY worked on, two test drives and sit downs, but just couldn't sell ourselves on it....

ended up with a fairly nice used DP, but more than a few notches below the ventana...
Old 07-30-2015, 05:18 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Well everyone, we are on our way home to Kentucky from California and we LOVE LOVE LOVE our Ventana. No regrets and very thankful. We love all the extras but the major difference is the drive/ride. It is like comparing the ride of my Lexus to a tractor. There have been a few new coach glitches that we are going to stop by the factory to get corrected. Nothing that has tarnished our opinion. The dealer did replace our batteries at our request ( thanks for the heads up on this) and cleaned the carpet along the slides. Our sales person was wonderful to work with ...even after the sale. The only negative I could say was the service dept who prepped the coach and did our "walk through " was totally inept. Enough so that I will write to the owner and the manager. Bottom line? Wonderful!
Old 07-30-2015, 07:25 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations welcome to the DP family many safe miles and enjoy the coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #12

Congratulations on the new Ventana! We also went from a Canyon Star to the Ventana. There were some nice upgrades for us, in addition to the nicer ride. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we are enjoying ours.
John219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:44 PM   #13

Congrats and Welcome to the Newmar family!

We'd love to see pics when you get a chance.
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
How exciting is that? Congratulations and welcome to the Newmar DP family. The 4369 is my very favorite floor plan. Enjoy the ride home.
2X!!!

You're gonna love it!

Sincerest congratulations!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent