Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Thumbs up Transmission fluid leak

To those who have read the many welcomes from various members, my reply also included a question on a trans. fluid leak. This info might be helpful to other members. I traced the fluid leak to a metal tube coming into the trans. Didn't know whether in was from the cooling line, fill line, or what. Turns out it was the dip stick tube. There is a gromet(plastic or rubber) that fits on the trans. that the metal dip stick tube goes into. The gromet must have been nicked when the tube was originally inserted & that is what was causing the fluid leak. Also, it would only leak when the engine was off & the fluid would rise to that level. Hopes this info helps someone down the road.
TONY R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:59 AM   #2

You are lucky. That was an easy fix. When I saw this thread I had pictures in my mind of the whole tranny coming down for the front seal replacement.
Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:33 AM   #3
owr

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi folks ,

I know this. Is an old thread but I cannot seem to start a new one so hopefully someone can help here... I am try to find a parts breakdown of an Allison mh3000 transmission tail shaft. Specifically the yoke seals .. I know their is a shaft seal and an o-ring on the retainer bolt but their doesn't seem to be any seal on the washer under that yoke retainer bolt that I can see. I am trying to re install a drive shaft and transmission yoke and want to make sure I get all the seals right .

Thanks

Phil
owr is offline   Reply With Quote