Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #1

True Induction

For those who have the True Induction stove top, how do like it?

Thanks
Wil
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #2

We like our a lot. Heat up quickly,quicker then our new one at home. Cools quickly. Only down side is special pans. We have one designe for induction but it is to small and won't work. I'd get it again.
Gheidbrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Love my true induction cooktop!

We have the True Induction cooktop in our 2015 DSDP and love it! It responds very quickly and has a great range of temperatures. It provides enough heat at the highest settings to bring things to a boil fast and the low setting is nice and low to provide the gentlest of heat to keep something warm. I like that the cooktop itself doesn't really get hot. I ordered the solid surface cover to match my countertop from Newmar and they were great to deal with on it and the price was very reasonable. There's been a previous thread about the cover.
You do need to get cookware that a magnet will stick to the bottom of as the heat is somehow produced by magnetic energy in the pan itself. Circulon Symmetry pans will work and are well made and reasonably priced. Some of the T-fal models will, too. Just check for "induction-ready".
lucyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #4

We like ours also and we are cooking more than we used to. Finding cookware was no issue plenty to choose from at BBB.
twojayhawks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #5

True Induction cooktop swap

We have the standard Princess electric cooktop in our 2012 Dutch Star.
I like the sound of the True Induction cooktop as a better solution. Has anyone done a swap out of the electric for induction? They appear to be a similar size all the way around. Of course the induction uses less power, so that should not be an issue.

kw
rvnavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:33 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cookware isn't a problem, any cast iron pan will do if it's flat, but you do have to be careful and not scratch the surface of the induction unit. They make heatproof pads for that too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:42 PM   #7

I have to go along with the crowd. We love the induction. The only down side is if you lift a pan to toss / stir the contents the heat goes off. No big deal just hit the button when the pan is back on the cook surface
Old 01-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
True Induction cooktop is great.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"rvnavigator".....I did the swap...here is the post http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/conv...ll-244363.html
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We also love our True Induction cooktop. My only complaint is I wish there were more temperature levels to fine tune the temperature. Not a big deal.

This past summer we replaced our propane cooktop with the induction cooktop. The cooktop was the only propane appliance and it was great to get rid of the gigantic propane tank.

I cook a lot and really enjoy the induction. While cooking I can remove the pan from the cooktop for about 10 seconds before the top shuts off. This give me enough time to shake or do whatever I need to do to the contents of the pan.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The only propane in our rig is the cooktop. When I run out of propane I might make the switch to induction, but as little as we cook that could be several years to use up the 5.5 gal's it has in it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #12

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I can go about 3yrs on a full tank of propane now.
No plans of switching to full electric, and always worrying about running out of batteries, when I can go that long on propane !
Old 01-12-2016, 09:50 PM   #13
srh

Newmar Owners Club
We don't have it in our coach. Wish we did!
We do have it at home and like it a lot. The heat is quick, uniform and easy to keep clean. The only down side, as has been said, is not only you have to have special pans but the pans have to be the right size for the burner. Other than that, it works great!
Old 01-12-2016, 10:26 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
When we lost the propane tank we also lost a few hundred pounds. I also converted the space where the propane tank was into storage. Love more storage space.