Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2016, 11:34 PM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I have big meathooks for hands, so it's easy for me, but it does take some squeezing and pulling to get it off. Use a small flat blade screwdriver and slide it in at the bottom and pop it off.

If you have some disposable latex gloves, try putting those on and pulling the lens off. It may give you some more non slip grip.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2016, 06:08 AM   #16

Try placing your thumb at the bottom of the lens, not the black case...
then put your fingers at the top of the lens... and squeeze together. You should see a single tab at the top, and double tabs at the bottom, unless its installed upside down.
Might help to have a small blade screwdriver to help pry it off.
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #17

Oh Oh, I've been trying to remove the black case instead of just the clear lens. Most others I've had the whole light comes off.
Thanks for clearing up that little misunderstanding on my case. I'll try again with a knife blade or puddy knife blade and work on just the lens. Looking at the lens I thought it looked like the lens fit tight inside the black case all the way around.
Thanks again fellows.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:54 PM   #18

Thanks again you'all. By using a thin blade puddy knife and working on the one tab at the top the lens finally popped off.
Kind of wonder what goes on with these factory installed bulbs. The delivering dealership's tech had to replace the bulb in the outside light over the entry door before we even took possession of the coach. Probably just more of the "bad patch" of parts Newmar kept getting.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:07 AM   #19

OK, now you have mastered the process of removing the lens, before you complete the bulb change... try replacing it with an LED type bulb.
I did, and the increase in light is amazing! I also put LED's on the awning, under the slide out, and the door entry light.
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:32 AM   #20
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Allen......I may have had to apologize about you being weak from fuel filter work if you had been able to pull the black outer ring off with just your hands!!!! That would have been a gorilla grip.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights