RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2016, 01:42 PM   #1

TSB 466 to fix slideout motor problem

Today, Newmar issued TSB 466 to fix the loose motor mount bolt problem on 2015, 2016 and 2017 coaches. I guess this means visiting a dealer to have the work done, unless you already had it done in Kerrville

Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2016, 02:06 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nice first step... BUT, the TSB is SORELY misleading as the issue is MUCH wider spread than model years 2015 through 2017... We had the issue on a 2011 and I know of the issue on a 2006 Essex! And as for our coach, glad we had the safety wire fix at Hoots IV rather than Blue Loctite...

Old 10-31-2016, 02:21 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
John this is the thread I was referring to when I post the TSB for the bolt fix, as you can see quite a few people have already checked theirs it was back on page 12 of forum pages last Sept.
As you can see there is more to this forum than page 1.
I also posted because its necessary to use lock-tight on bolts when tightening.
Also found out other MFG's could have same problem, that's why I believe many other SOB's visit this forum.
There is a new sticky top of forum with more TSB's for your Newmar just follow directions to find.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:35 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I verified ours is on the list, and we just picked it up last week. Luckily I have the tools to handle it, so I'll get it checked while we're loading up the next couple weeks. Thanks for posting this.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknpeg View Post
I verified ours is on the list, and we just picked it up last week. Luckily I have the tools to handle it, so I'll get it checked while we're loading up the next couple weeks. Thanks for posting this.
Mark,
Many of us have fixed this problem ourselves following previous posts concerning failures of the motor mounts. But with the TSB Newmar have admitted the problem and will fix it under warranty, so you could get a dealer to fix it for you.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:01 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
Mark,
Many of us have fixed this problem ourselves following previous posts concerning failures of the motor mounts. But with the TSB Newmar have admitted the problem and will fix it under warranty, so you could get a dealer to fix it for you.
True. But that means getting to storage and getting the coach out, getting to the only local dealer who is over an hour away, getting my wife to drive me home and then repeating the circus a few days later. With several major projects going through delivery right now I simply don't have that kind of time, when it will take me an hour at most to do it myself. Besides that's why I have the killer set of tools.

marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout