RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #1

Well I told myself no matter what I would not buy a coach at the Tampa Show. The show I thought would be the culmination of six months of research. I would have my final two choices and begin the negotiation.

Surprize!... Settled on the MADP... And the deal being put on the table sounds about as good as I should expect to get.

1) A discount in excess of 27%

2) Have several specials being passed on with no dealer markup

3) Dealer claims it will be one of the last 6 2007 Chassis saving us 15K plus on new ULSD engine

Deal is written and I must commit by Tuesday noon time. I suspect I could get the same "Deal" pretty much anytime BUT if Newmar is really down to 8 MADP 2007 Chassis... Ummm should I jump. They also say ALL Essex 2007 now gone.

This will be our FIRST coach... our FIRST RV experience. Expect to be part-time 1st year and fulltime for 1-5 years after that. 48 years old now, so guess we could upgrade later if we love lifestyle and not kill ourselfs if we decide against lifestyle...

Thoughts? Suggestions? The Clock is Ticking.

Do you think that 2007 Chassis is really about gone? Should I care?

Please Help!

2007 Foretravel Nimbus
joppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #2

Well I told myself no matter what I would not buy a coach at the Tampa Show. The show I thought would be the culmination of six months of research. I would have my final two choices and begin the negotiation.

Surprize!... Settled on the MADP... And the deal being put on the table sounds about as good as I should expect to get.

1) A discount in excess of 27%

2) Have several specials being passed on with no dealer markup

3) Dealer claims it will be one of the last 6 2007 Chassis saving us 15K plus on new ULSD engine

Deal is written and I must commit by Tuesday noon time. I suspect I could get the same "Deal" pretty much anytime BUT if Newmar is really down to 8 MADP 2007 Chassis... Ummm should I jump. They also say ALL Essex 2007 now gone.

This will be our FIRST coach... our FIRST RV experience. Expect to be part-time 1st year and fulltime for 1-5 years after that. 48 years old now, so guess we could upgrade later if we love lifestyle and not kill ourselfs if we decide against lifestyle...

Thoughts? Suggestions? The Clock is Ticking.

Do you think that 2007 Chassis is really about gone? Should I care?

Please Help!

2007 Foretravel Nimbus
Old 01-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum and hopefully to the Newmar owners group. Yes, I would believe the pre-'07 engines are gone in some sizes already. The new versions are certainly going to cost more but deliver the same. How much? I've heard 6 to 10k on a 400 HP.
Wow, a new MADP for a first time buyer. Good for you, might as well get right into it. I think you will be very pleased with both the product and the Newmar people.

Peter
Old 01-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

The MADP is an excellent coach. A bit unusual for a first time choice but it's better to get what you want now rather than upgrade 3 times to get it. If you like the coach, I'd go for it. It's a great coach and company.

As to the engines - I can believe that. RV manufacturers had to estimate how many engines and chassis they would need to carry them forward to the 2008 model year introduction. Once those preorders are gone the new 2007 spec engines will be needed and you'll see an approximate $10,000 price jump along with a drop in efficiency (aka - fuel economy) and an increase in heat output from the engine. I'd defintely recommend nailing down an early emissions engine. If Newmar wound up selling less gassers and more diesels than the thought they would (which is very likely) they could well be running out of 2006 spec engines.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

GO FOR IT!!

My first Newmar was an Essex!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Was just at a show Dealer only had two KSDP's left in stock 2007 with 06 engine they are going fast.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #7

What a day!

We were suppose to fly home yesterday, but were so close to closing the deal on the MADP decided to stay one more day in Tampa to work out "the specials".

Got up at 1AM and worked the web till 6AM. Slept an hour then over to the show

Walking in decided I should get my notes off the computer and onto paper before getting to Newmar booth so sat down st the table in Foretravels booth.

Next thing you know all our plans are blown-up. Spend the next 8 hours meeting with management team of ForeTravel and Parliament Coach, drive the thing for an hour and sign a deal for one right off the floor at 5:30PM Sunday night. (The show ended at 5:00). In fact they were tearing down the exhibit all around us.

Got to the hotel to watch Pats... Good game bad outcome.

Always had foretravel on my list but for many good reasons (cost, size of company, limited dealers, and more) I set them aside.

Well I now own a 42 500HP Nimbus... God help me.

Paid about 25K more than the MADP and also gave up a LOT of cool features. No radiant heat, No all electric, no custom desk, no king bed, 3' smaller, no stacked washer/dryer, no dishwasher and more.

Did pick up a few new features though mostly of an engineering nature like air leveling, tranny retarder, flush slides, full girard awnings, BIG shower, etc.

DARN... I was looking forward to some Newmar Karma. This group has been awesome to learn from.

I still have 7 days to resind deal as I take some time to validate "specials, options, discount level" but for me at leat think I did the right thing...

Anyways thanks again for ALL the help... I'm likely to stop in with some other dumb newbie questions.

2007 Foretravel Nimbus
Old 01-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #8

I'm right in Newburyport. Maybe I could buy ya a coffee when your back in Northeat.

2007 Foretravel Nimbus
Old 01-22-2007, 02:16 AM   #9

Foretravel makes a great rig. Congradulations on your purchase and happy travels.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:20 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

joppa, this one was on Parliment's site....look familiar?

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:16 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good luck with new coach joppa "FLATS" son fish's on them all the time many happy and safe miles.
We are on Hanover St. MH in driveway.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
joppa,

What made the difference for you to go with the Foretravel?

When you drove it, was there a difference in the quietness? Did it feel the same as far as solidness. I realize these impressions are subjective, but I would like to know what you think.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #13
cwg

Regardless of which motorhome you have purchased, you have joined the RV family of traveling by coach and seeing what you wish.

Congratulations and I am sure you will like your Foretravel. Quite a step for a first time buyer, but it much better than inchworming your way up the chain of rigs which ends up being so much more expensive.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #14

Well just getting back home from the Tampa show a lot of research to do to validate that my Foretravel deal was the deal I think and hope it was... (I was at 28% on MADP only 22.5% on the Nimbus)

Assuming everything checks out DW and I have already decided to go to Parliament's site in Clearwater and spend another day or two going through all the specials and little tweaks we want done. Given the winter season up here once they complete the work it will stay with them until we pick it up in April. Really no rush bringing it to snow country. Inside storage in NH is $350 month.

Rebelsbeach -
Same bus and paint scheme but in blue and grey. Ooops that sounds more like a Yankee than a Rebel. Would post a pic but seem to lack the skill set.

007 -
Looking at the flats from home on Madison Street. No way I can park an RV in my driveway houses to close together.

StrShooter -
It was a tough call. I loved the TRW Comfort Drive, The overall features and performance of the MADP. In fact the entire Newmar line. Until that last day it was between a new but leftover 2006 CC Magna and a Newmar Essex or MADP. I also liked Travel Supreme and American Coach. But I just kept coming back to the MADP, partly because of value... the leftover Magna was 100K more. So to me the MADP seemed like the best features, performance and style for the money.

So why the Foretravel? Well why an Audi or a Lexus. Both great cars. But for me I liked the solid firm nature of the ride and attention to detail in the technical systems on the FT. The MADP was confusing to me a non RV person. There is so much I need to learn and when you open the cabinet to all the controls it looks like a bunch of 3rd party stuff working independently... In fact if I owned Newmar I would send my electronics people over to CC to look at how much neater and cohesive all the electric and electronic stuff is... Newmar uses velcro to hold down stereo gear in a cabint full of wires while CC and others face everything off with a trim plate and all those control widgets while still third party tend to look and feel more orgainized and integrated. I guess somehow the Foretravel was less intimidating to me a newbie. Now I just hope they stay in business.

One thing I learned on the forum early on but didn't understand until this past weekend. There is no perfect motorhome for one and all... they are close to perfect for a few individuals and even then it's a matter of compromise.

Hey with any luck Rebelsbeach will want to get a 2009 LADP and I can get a good deal on his Silver Bullet.

Do you actually have to use reverse in these beasts? Gadzooks!

2007 Foretravel Nimbus