Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #1

Turn Driver's Seat Dutch Star

We have a Dutch Star 4041. When we picked it up the very knowledgeable tech could not figure out how to turn the driver's seat around. I'm sure it can be done as pictures for a 4041 show it turned. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks.

Lisa
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #2

On ours, there is a lever ( I forgot which side, I think right side though) about in the center portion of the seat. Lift on it, and the seat will turn. We need to raise the steering wheel up and move teh seat back to get needed clearance to rotate it so it faces the living area.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:10 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
With our '02 DSDP 4090 you had to move the seat back and forth and raise the arm at the correct time to clear the slide, steering wheel and sidewall. Took some fiddling each time so I usually left it alone.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:47 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Lever

There should be a lever next to the other chair controls. On ours you either push up or down on it (can't remember which) and turn the seat while you are pushing the lever. It should swivel a half turn or more. When you get ready to drive be sure to push the chair around until it locks back into place or engine won't start.
lucyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:06 PM   #5

Lift up on the black plastic lever (right side) all the way and rotate the seat to your right.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:32 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
It's a finger hole type lever on the right side as you're sitting it the chair. I put my slide out, slide the seat back some and then rotate the seat. We usually set the seats so they face each other and slide them back against the wall. I always pull the right passenger armrest up so people don't use it as a support when entering the coach.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:47 PM   #7

So after you've returned your chairs to the driving orientation....Very important.... remember to position your chair forward when brining in the slides.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:03 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Different coach's different chairs but at least they covered them all, you may want to check the wiring plug under chair and see if you have slack in wiring cable the wires are only crimped in plug and strain on wiring can disconnect the wires so motor does not run when you reface to the front again.
Have fun.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:19 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
From our experiences:
Check the wiring to determine which direction to rotate. I added 18" more wiring to allow me to rotate any direction.
Also make sure you put the seat back and is locked in position. If not, there is an alarm on the drivers seat. It will whine until its in the locked position when the key is on. No indicator lights help you out either. Don't ask me how I know this.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:22 PM   #10

Thank you all for responding. Don got it. It is a finger hole type lever but on mine it is on the left side middle. Never would have figured this out without all of your help.

Tags
driver, dutch star