Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2017, 06:37 AM   #1

TV lift questions

I really like the idea of a big screen TV at eye level. Would someone who has a DS with the factory installed TV lift tell me how many inches the back of the couch is off the wall? Also, where is the Satellite Receiver located (where do you aim the remote)? Thanks for any info about your lift system operation.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #2

Our DS loveseat is 12" off the wall with the telivator behind it. On ours, the TV has to be all the way up for the remote to work. Honestly, we use the "big" TV only when watching movies with the surround sound. 90% of the time, we use the front TV over the dash. They both (along with the outside TV) run off the reeiver and dvd player over the drivers area. They do the switching between inputs on the TV itself. The teliivator is a nice "gimmick", but not sure I would order it again. As far as the sat remote, you will have to aim it at the receiver over the drivers area. I find myself aiming it at the TV most of the time with no effect....
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #3
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have the two recliners across from the televator TV and wouldn't want it any other way. It is nice to be able to put the TV down and get light in that window, mostly when we have guests or a nice view. We went to the dealer to buy a 3724 and left with the 4018 after experiencing the floor plan.

Paul
2017 DSDP 4018
ptw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #4

Thank you guys, very useful information to be sure. I wonder if most other folks who have the pop up TV use it often or rely on the over the dash TV more. We have never felt the over the dash TV was uncomfortable to watch, many people have wall mounted or over the fireplace TVs at home....I'd just enjoy a much bigger screen that wouldn't fit over my dash.
Thanks again!
Old 09-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"lhill"......I also hear many complain about the over the windshield TV's. but that has never bothered me. We bought our coach off the lot and it came with the TV above the windshield as an option. While talking with the dealer, he said that any coach that is not one someone ordered, he adds the over the windshield TV. We found that after owning the coach for awhile, we primarily watch the front TV and use the big TV for movies when we have someone over.

As much as we like the front TV, which our dealer always installs, he also orders most coaches with a booth dinette which we hated and later removed. He's an old Fleetwood dealer and I think the booths come from that era. It seems he now orders more with dinettes.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #6

A note on the Sat. remote, if you have the IR/RF version you do not need to point it at the receiver. I can use all controls on the remote from outside the coach if I want.............

DirecTV makes two kinds of remotes, IR-only and IR/RF. IR stands for Infared and means the remote must be pointed directly at the receiver. RF stands for Radio Frequency and means the remote is multi-directional. ... If it does not have an "R" as one of the last letters, it is IR-only.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ51 View Post
A note on the Sat. remote, if you have the IR/RF version you do not need to point it at the receiver. I can use all controls on the remote from outside the coach if I want.............

DirecTV makes two kinds of remotes, IR-only and IR/RF. IR stands for Infared and means the remote must be pointed directly at the receiver. RF stands for Radio Frequency and means the remote is multi-directional. ... If it does not have an "R" as one of the last letters, it is IR-only.
That's true, but if you're trying to control the smart TV itself, I found it best to point it at the very top of the tv at the intersection of the wall and ceiling.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhill View Post
Thank you guys, very useful information to be sure. I wonder if most other folks who have the pop up TV use it often or rely on the over the dash TV more. We have never felt the over the dash TV was uncomfortable to watch, many people have wall mounted or over the fireplace TVs at home....I'd just enjoy a much bigger screen that wouldn't fit over my dash.
Thanks again!
We ordered our coach with the two recliners and the televator and use it in the evenings all the time and maybe for NASCAR and football during the day if we are in the coach. Although a lot of folks don't like the overhead front TV, we ordered it on ours so during the day when we don't want to window blocked we use that one (usually in the morning watching the news or something.)

We had them install an IR remote near next to the TV (so it does go down with the TV) as it controls the DVR, Blue tooth, and Sound system for both TV's. (It was installed by the factory on the televator, so I had them change it to the side. Sometimes engineers don't think everything through!)
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote