Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #15

QUOTE="NWLanding;1732906"]My wife and I are currently motor homeless, but hope to remedy that in about five years when we get our first Newmar DP. We've been on a car touring vacation for the last 2.5 weeks in S. Dakota, Wyoming and Montana. Yesterday we stopped at Wall, SD to see what all the hype was about Wall Drug and pulled up next to a 2014 Dutch Star 4369, needless to say I had RV lust!!! We went and walked around Wall Drug (the Disneyland of SD), and upon returning to the van I saw the DSDP owner loading some items into their basement. I complemented him on his beautiful coach and we started chatting about Newmar coaches. Come to found out we were chatting with Dick Parks, CEO and chairman of the board of Newmar. Dick was amazingly gracious and offered to let us tour the inside, even putting the jacks down and extending the slides. What perfect gentleman!!!! Needless to say I fell asleep thinking about the coach and had sweet dreams too! I must be an RV geek to count this experience up there with all the wildlife and amazing landscapes and natural features we've seen in the last couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

I've got an interesting update to this story from our vacation this last fall. We just finished three days at the Tampa RV show and on day two we got to test drive a 4369 Dutch Star. Mickey was our chaperone/monitor for the test drive and when I got in I commented that the coach looked a lot like the one we saw at our Wall Drug encounter with Dick Parks (described above). Mickey laughed and told us that the coach we were about to drive is Dick's!!!! Talk about small world stuff!!! To end up up test driving the same coach six months latter and 3,000 miles distant is a hoot!! I joked that I thought we should buy the coach to compete the trilogy. Who knows if that will happen but wouldn't that be perfect?

Life is great isn't it?
NWLanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like karma, go for it!
NHSO
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleychief View Post
Sounds like karma, go for it!
Huge Karma, NWLanding!!!

Please send pics after you've completed the purchase!!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
That's a nice story...what you are going to find is it is not that big a world in this lifestyle and once in, you're going to experience these episodes of deja vu over and over with the new friends you meet.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote