Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2018, 09:38 PM   #267

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Were in Winnemucca Nevada tonight, taking it easy and trying to enjoy the ride. The wind the last 3 days has been trying to spoil our trip, but other than poor mpg, we’re still enjoying it.
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2018, 10:56 PM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modulus View Post
well, it is our turn. We arrived on Tuesday at Transwest in Fredrick to pick up our New Aire. We did our walk through and then stayed over night to make sure we could go through the unit well. We submitted a short list of things to fix and should be on the road on Wednesday. Will update more once we get back to Wisconsin and have a final list of things that were found. Nothing critical found at this point. We are really excited and are impressed with the quality of everything. Here is a short list of important things we found:

- We wrote up that the 2nd xcite monitor does not shut off and becomes "snowy" if you try to use the Home button. I'm told there is a fix but waiting on Newmar to approve.
- two compartment doors needed adjusted
- Passenger seat would not swivel. I have a feeling that this is going to be a re-occuring issue. Lever pulls hard to release the swivel.
- Bose speaker outside does not function when set on Dash Radio mode.

We are staying in Colorado for the week and will return to WI next week!! Looking forward to this new journey.
Curious what made you purchase at Transwest in Frederick? We are close to this dealer and when in the market would certainly like to use a local dealer.

Thanks,

Rich
teamnash-rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:34 AM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot View Post
Congratulations! Be careful with the door adjustments. Our Newmar rep said if they’re too loose they’ll leak. I think RDvan had/has the same issue with their display. Make sure My Rozie works we’ve had issues. Also make sure you don’t have the Silverleaf glitch where you adjust the heat in one room but it blows in another. Have Fun! Its an awesome coach.
Thanks!! After your post we did discover that Silverleaf glitch in the heater. Our front two zone blowers wound never turn off. They got Silverleaf on the phone and installed an "update" into the software and the issue went away. I also now can use the "house mode" button to turn off 2nd xite screen without issue.

Through this We gained a better understanding of how to go to Features on Silverleaf and set the climate configurations. We chose to set the schedule mode to manual so that when we are setting temperatures we don't set by day and night. When we go to climate we only see all or the 3 zones. We like that better as we just adjust the temp at bed time. Maybe, after we are comfortable with everything we use the more automated temperatures by time and zone. At least now we understand it.

Another thing we learned that when showering to always turn on oasis burner instead of just AC pumps. Those work great for just keeping warm water for daily use but don't keep up with a shower. So our process will be to turn on burner for shower time and back to Ac pumps after shower.

We popped a GFI breaker under kitchen cabinets. This caused 3 outlets not to work. We reset that breaker located in the outlet itself and all 3 outlets worked again.

Will continue to go through coach carefully the next few days. Just set up wifi ranger and testing through that more. Not working perfect yet but working that now. Will keep everyone posted
Old 03-29-2018, 02:55 AM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamnash-rv View Post
Curious what made you purchase at Transwest in Frederick? We are close to this dealer and when in the market would certainly like to use a local dealer.

Thanks,

Rich
Rich - I grew up in Colorado and so we travel here a few times a year. I started looking at new options to replace our Alpha about 3 or 4 years ago. As we looked and grew our understanding of Newmar we got to know our salesman Grant Russell. He helped us and never tried to rush us. We didn't love anything we could afford. We always stopped in when we came through and looked at all the new and used inventory When the New Aire came out I knew it was the one that would fit our needs and budget. At that point I considered a closer Newmar dealer (Illinois) but at that point liked the team at Transwest. After picking up I'm glad we made that decision. We were taken care of and know that if we need something There are a few people who will help. We plan on fixing our own issues as they come up, but also nice to know there is a team of people available who know us. We will just save those certain items that makes sense for them to work on for a trip through Colorado. I highly recommend Transwest of Fredrick.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:27 PM   #271

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Another thing we learned that when showering to always turn on oasis burner instead of just AC pumps. Those work great for just keeping warm water for daily use but don't keep up with a shower. So our process will be to turn on burner for shower time and back to Ac pumps after shower.
That is exactly what our Newmar Tech suggested.

Also, it was in the low 20s overnight in Nappanee, so we needed the Oasis burner thru the night—the electric just didn’t cut it. We have the Penguin heat pumps set up as Primary heat source, but they stop functioning when the temp dips to 40 deg, then Oasis takes over.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:39 AM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
That is exactly what our Newmar Tech suggested.

Also, it was in the low 20s overnight in Nappanee, so we needed the Oasis burner thru the night—the electric just didn’t cut it. We have the Penguin heat pumps set up as Primary heat source, but they stop functioning when the temp dips to 40 deg, then Oasis takes over.
I wondered about that. We have priority as floor, then oasis elec, then oasis gas. We don't have the uppers in our list for heat. Sounds like I'm missing an opportunity. Sounds like upper heat should go in line before my oasis electric. Will try that out.

I also feel that the toilet uses a lot of water when flushing. My black tank fills up fast. Looking for an adjustment to pull less water before flushing. Anyone have this and found a fix yet?
Old 03-30-2018, 08:57 AM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post

Hello - Go to your MyRozie App then "Settings" and make sure they are set correctly and activated. Enjoy Your New Ride!

Regards - Mike
Thanks Mike. All my settings are correct but the camera images have never uploaded to MyRozie.
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:23 AM   #274

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Toilet flow control

Quote:

I also feel that the toilet uses a lot of water when flushing. My black tank fills up fast. Looking for an adjustment to pull less water before flushing. Anyone have this and found a fix yet?
On the toilet control pad, press and hold the button on the right until the green light flashes. When it stops flashing, press the button on the right again to confirm the change.

This procedure is used to toggle back and forth between normal and low flow.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:37 AM   #275

Our dining table extends far enough to use two leaf extensions but only one came with the New Aire. For those who have taken delivery did you receive 1 or 2 leaf extensions?
Gonna_Wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:54 AM   #276

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just one and I agree we’d like two.

I’m sure Newmar will be happy to sell us another one.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #277

Our NewAire 3341 arrived in San Diego on March 20th. The dealer is going through all the systems. They are a little backed up so our red carpet delivery is scheduled for April 5th.
So far no major issues have been found. Thanks for all the posts, it's really has helped us get ready.
Rob Seiler
NewAire 3341 and 2018 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Robseiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:42 PM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robseiler View Post
Our NewAire 3341 arrived in San Diego on March 20th. The dealer is going through all the systems. They are a little backed up so our red carpet delivery is scheduled for April 5th.
So far no major issues have been found. Thanks for all the posts, it's really has helped us get ready.
Rob Seiler
NewAire 3341 and 2018 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Congratulations...we look forward to hearing about your experiences.
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:38 PM   #279

Quote:
On the toilet control pad, press and hold the button on the right until the green light flashes. When it stops flashing, press the button on the right again to confirm the change.

Great post. Thanks so much. Made the adjustment and cut the water in half.

Thanks!!
Old 03-31-2018, 11:03 AM   #280

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

We’ve been using the low-flow option since we picked up in late January. The manual says low-flow uses slightly under a half gallon, while normal uses almost an entire gallon. My experience is that the low-flow option requires two flushes to completely clear solids.

I spent last week in Nappanee for warranty service on a number of items. As to the toilet, the very knowledgeable and helpful technicians say that Dometic’s response was that it is functioning as intended. Although the manual makes no mention of flushing twice, we can work with it. We’re still saving on flushing liquids.

Ward Simmons
WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air