Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #1

Update on New Aire delivery

I know some folks are following the first deliveries of the New Aire and wanted to provide an update on ours.

The coach was due to ship this past Friday. My dealer called today to say they found some issues during inspection and they were still working on them. Specifically, he said the fresh water tank monitor was not working properly and there was a wind noice from the front of the RV they heard during a road test. He said there were some other issues discovered that they already fixed, but wasn't sure what they were.

At this point he said the RV may ship at the end of this week, but since they don't know how long it will take to solve the problems there is no guarantee. I expect with the Hershey show this week they may be shorthanded back at the factory, who knows.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2017, 12:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
I know some folks are following the first deliveries of the New Aire and wanted to provide an update on ours.

The coach was due to ship this past Friday. My dealer called today to say they found some issues during inspection and they were still working on them. Specifically, he said the fresh water tank monitor was not working properly and there was a wind noice from the front of the RV they heard during a road test. He said there were some other issues discovered that they already fixed, but wasn't sure what they were.

At this point he said the RV may ship at the end of this week, but since they don't know how long it will take to solve the problems there is no guarantee. I expect with the Hershey show this week they may be shorthanded back at the factory, who knows.
Thanks for the update. As we wait for delivery they seem to be updating Newgle with documentation. They just published the "SilverLeaf Touchscreen Guide" that contains all sorts of interesting information on SilverLeaf and MyRozie.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Thanks for the update. As we wait for delivery they seem to be updating Newgle with documentation. They just published the "SilverLeaf Touchscreen Guide" that contains all sorts of interesting information on SilverLeaf and MyRozie.
Thanks turboP, I still don't have Newgle access, are you able to email me the docs? I'm headed on vacation tomorrow and it will make for some fun reading by the river.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Thanks turboP, I still don't have Newgle access, are you able to email me the docs? I'm headed on vacation tomorrow and it will make for some fun reading by the river.
Unfortunately, they have organized the documentation as web pages not PDF documents. All you need is VIN number and unit number to request access to Newgle. Took me one day.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #5

Quote:

Thanks for the update--we're very curious about the New Aire deliveries. It sounds like they're almost ready for prime time. Very exciting!
Old 09-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #6

Smile

kwilkins: The delay in this case is a good thing. The delay reflects that Newmar does do an inspection and test drive prior to coach being shipped to dealer. I say, it is best to have as many issues with a new coach found and repaired prior to customer taking possession, and being the factory making repairs or adjustments, provide a learning tool to Newmar staff for future units being manufactured.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #7

Saw a New Aire at our dealership when we went in for warranty work on the Dutch Star. Nice looking coach. I like the size a lot, Newmar packs a lot of goodies in 34 feet.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:48 PM   #8

Quote:

kwilkins: Did it ship last week?
We're living vicariously thru you & turbopilot since we're not picking up our New Aire until spring!
Old 09-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot View Post
kwilkins: Did it ship last week?
We're living vicariously thru you & turbopilot since we're not picking up our New Aire until spring!

Nope, still waiting.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #10

Sorry to hear that. But as you said--better for them to get it right.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:29 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Nope, still waiting.
Have they told you what the issure was?
Old 09-19-2017, 05:35 AM   #12

Turbopilot...
Where in La Quinta? We have a house at Indian Springs in Indio.
Congrats on your New Aire. We have a 2017 Ventana #3709.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjgolpher View Post
Turbopilot...
Where in La Quinta? We have a house at Indian Springs in Indio.
Congrats on your New Aire. We have a 2017 Ventana #3709.
pjgolpher, we are in Rancho La Quinta.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #14

We have friends who live there from Nov to June.

Tags
air