Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we have a shark
navigator. works really well with the puppy hair
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
2x on the Hoover Lincs cordless. Ours has beater bar for carpet which can be switched off to use on hard surfaces. It picks up well, has an easy to empty cup, and the battery lasts a long time between charges.
twinknkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #17

If you can afford it get a Dyson. We have a couple of them for the house and IMO there is nothing better. We have used a DC44 for years around the house and still love it. When we got our pontoon boat we wanted to get one each for the pontoon and one for the travel trailer. I just couldn't see spending that much for two more stick vacs. We ended up getting the Hoover linx and are very impressed especially for the price. IIRC, for the price of a Dyson we got two Hoovers. Is it as good as a Dyson? No, but pretty close. You have to remember that you pay for what you get. BTW, the Shark products are total junk, IMO.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
If you can afford it get a Dyson. We have a couple of them for the house and IMO there is nothing better. We have used a DC44 for years around the house and still love it. When we got our pontoon boat we wanted to get one each for the pontoon and one for the travel trailer. I just couldn't see spending that much for two more stick vacs. We ended up getting the Hoover linx and are very impressed especially for the price. IIRC, for the price of a Dyson we got two Hoovers. Is it as good as a Dyson? No, but pretty close. You have to remember that you pay for what you get. BTW, the Shark products are total junk, IMO.
How do you test for a good vacuum? Consumer reports performs equal test on each vacuum and Dyson has some of the lowest scores compared to pretty much all other products.
jamesrxx951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's what we did after the shop vac nearly deafened us:

Dirt Devil CV 1500 Central Vacuum System with HEPA-Style Bags - Dirt Devil 9614 - Central Vacuum Units - Camping World

It's compact, sits in a luggage bay on the upper wall underneath the fridge area and its sucks good!
ramblinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
How do you test for a good vacuum? Consumer reports performs equal test on each vacuum and Dyson has some of the lowest scores compared to pretty much all other products.
From personal experience. I don't trust consumer reports.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
From personal experience. I don't trust consumer reports.
That's what im asking. How did you and what test did you perform to test for imbedded dirt cleaning in the carpet and dirt left behind in the carpet to come to the conclusion you did.
jamesrxx951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I use the "Happy Wife, Happy Life" test. Hasn't failed me yet.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
Hey Dyson Stick users... does it work well on carpet or best just on hard floors?
It works on everything. Floors, carpet, furniture. We have a dog that sheds like crazy, so we got the "animal" version. I even use it on the window blinds. We know it's good because DH vacuumed the carpets with the Bissel and then I came directly behind him and picked up so much stuff with the Dyson, it looked like we hadn't vacuumed in a week!

Also love the fact that it converts from a small hand vac to a taller regular vac with the stick attached. We'd buy a second one for the motor home, but cheap they are not. So we'll just take it back and forth.

Mrs. Chilerick
Old 04-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
It works on everything. Floors, carpet, furniture. We have a dog cat that sheds like crazy, so we got the "animal" version. I even use it on the window blinds. We know it's good because DH I vacuumed the carpets with the Bissel Hoover Windtunnel and then I DW came directly behind him me and picked up so much stuff with the Dyson, it looked like we hadn't vacuumed in a week!

Also love the fact that it converts from a small hand vac to a taller regular vac with the stick attached.
Mrs. Chilerick

Our stick is for the coach only.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:15 AM   #25

Quote:
That's what im asking. How did you and what test did you perform to test for imbedded dirt cleaning in the carpet and dirt left behind in the carpet to come to the conclusion you did.
With two kids and a big dog I don't have to setup a lab and go down to the molecular level to see how well the vac did. We've had different types and brands throughout the years, and the Dysons get the job done better than others. I'm sure others will eventually or have already caught up by copying the technology. I will admit that Shark is the worse we've experienced. We'll stick with Dyson and Hoover.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:16 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
I use the "Happy Wife, Happy Life" test. Hasn't failed me yet.
Yup, DW is my consumer report
Old 04-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #27

I've had good and bad luck with Consumer Reports. Subscribed for years and recently let it expire..Agree with al2ride on both the DW being the consumer reporter in the family and not really needing to get down to a molecular level with dirt, and seeings how we do not have any pets in the family (we travel for work way too much), I'll give all of them a review!...thanks everyone for your input!
Turbofans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #28

I bought the Shark Rocket (like the stick Dyson but lots cheaper). It is corded so I don't have to worry about charging time. The first time I used it, I went over the entire MH with a shop vac then went over the entire MH with the Shark. I couldn't believe the amount of stuff (dirt, dog hair, and my hair) that the Shark picked up, had to empty the the Shark 3 times. Since I now used just the Shark, I now only empty the Shark once.

The Shark is easy to use, easy to store, and does a great job. As for the Dyson, I've only had experience with one Dyson product (at work, a Dyson shop vac type that looked like a shop vac canister for business use) the most worthless piece of junk I have ever seen, sent it back for work twice, then finally gave up and bought a Shop Vac for a whole lot less money and worked 20 times better than that high cost junk ever did.
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote