Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #29

If you are going to install DuallyValves, instead of just solid extensions, they require the tire to be broken down. You might want to consider TST internal sensors. Their battery life is about 7 years. With the internal sensos you get more accurate pressure and temperature readings and eliminate the risk of theft or damaging the sensor.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2017, 04:27 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroquality View Post
I am in Southern California and I had Peters Road service change the stems. I drove my RV to their location in Santa Ana. I had TPMs on my tires, but it worked loose one of the rear factory stems which in turn caused a slow air leak. I went to their shop, thinking I had a nail or similar in the tire. They diagnosed as the loose stem. They replaced 4/6 with the solid stems. The other two they didn't have in stock. Suggest you call first so they have the parts. It was very reasonable cost to pull the tires and change the stems. They did it rapidly.
I asked the company that will be changing out my stems if they had the stems or will I need to buy them. She advised me to buy what I want and they will install them. She also said it would cost $35 per tire if the tire needs to be broken down. The stems that everyone is recommending appears to screw in, so I am thinking the tires will not need to be broken down.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:47 AM   #31

Correct Stems??

I have been driving myself crazy looking at my tires and at the stems posted on the Dually website. I cannot tell which one's will fit. Will the tire company that will do the valve stem replacement have stems that will fit on my motorhome?

When I asked the woman at the tire company if they had the stems she said they did, but I may want to get my own to get the type I want. All I want is for the stems to be easily accessible to check the tire pressure and install the sensors on them. With my current simulators each time I reach inside the hole I cut my hands. So I want the stems outside of the holes.

Will the tire company be able to make what they have work and/or will they have stems that are comparable to the Dually stems. The tire company I am referring to is located at a Love's truck stop and they do a lot of business. They sounded very familiar with motorhomes. It is about 25 miles away from me. Here is their website Sweat Tire Company - Auto Repair - Baldwin County, Alabama
Old 07-28-2017, 06:13 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Since you know that you have a Class A with Steel Wheels there are only 3 options for that setup. 2 oval and one round. Oval options are brass with chrome and without this is just a personal choice. Your images show an oval hole. So looks like you only have two options and this is just deciding on the chrome. Calling them after they are finished with inventory will confirm.
Diesel Pusher - Class A Motorhomes & Buses (STEEL WHEELS)

Front wheels just need the stem bent slightly to center it in the hole.

As part of the installation process on the rears the stems will be bent to fit and center in the hole. This is normal and must be performed when they are intalled.
Install instructions here.
DL4SSTC Chrome Duallyvalve Kit
Old 07-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I have been driving myself crazy looking at my tires and at the stems posted on the Dually website. I cannot tell which one's will fit. Will the tire company that will do the valve stem replacement have stems that will fit on my motorhome?

When I asked the woman at the tire company if they had the stems she said they did, but I may want to get my own to get the type I want. All I want is for the stems to be easily accessible to check the tire pressure and install the sensors on them. With my current simulators each time I reach inside the hole I cut my hands. So I want the stems outside of the holes.

Will the tire company be able to make what they have work and/or will they have stems that are comparable to the Dually stems. The tire company I am referring to is located at a Love's truck stop and they do a lot of business. They sounded very familiar with motorhomes. It is about 25 miles away from me. Here is their website Sweat Tire Company - Auto Repair - Baldwin County, Alabama
reubenray keep in mind that the valve extension will come outside of the wheel simulator. I had a 2014 Sprinter dually with wheel simulators on it and had valve extensions put on. The concern with the wheel simulator is they may rotate a little on rough roads and rub through the extension. so I had to use a couple of stainless steel zip ties or heavy duty plastic ones on each wheel to keep the simulator from moving. It worked out well.
Just something to consider, hope it helps.

Hard to see but if you look close at the front tire you can see where there is a white zip tie.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_1RM8254.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	170516  
Old 07-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #34

At the suggestion of TeamReif on another thread I removed the simulators to check out the stems. I was able to test install the sensors and then reinstall the simulators and they will work on the rear tires. The front simulators touches the sensor, but I believe it will work also. I was able to check my tire pressures also easily.

Over the next few days early in the morning I will adjust my tire pressures and then install my sensors and then reinstall the simulators.