Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #1

Ventana 3634

We're considering placing an order for a new Ventana with the 3634 floorplan. I'd appreciate any feedback from those familiar with this floorplan on their likes and dislikes.

Thanks
gmpartsvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have the similar floor plan in a Dutch Star 3734. Most of our travels are only the DW and I and occasionally a third person. We have plenty of room for three. When our two grandsons get old enough to travel with us, we will have to trade up to a coach with a king bed and two other fold out beds. How many will be traveling with you? After traveling in ours for a year, we are still happy with the floor plan. Plenty of storage room inside the coach, and with slides out a lot of room in the lounge. I love the large rectangular shower. Both sofa's are very comfortable and you can see the TV easily from either coach, unless someone is sitting at the dinette. I have often wondered if a TV on a lift would fit behind the J sofa. We opted for the residential refrigerator and that option removes the pantry alongside the refrigerator. We have a king bed in the stick house and took a bit to get use to the queen. But after a few nights, we don't think twice about it. We have the Splendid washer/dryer and had Newmar install a shelf above it. With the curb side bedroom slide in, you cannot open the washer/dryer cabinet as well as some of the drawers in the dresser opposing the bed. To get to the wardrobe when the slides are in, you have to climb over the bed. Have to plan accordingly.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #3

We have a Ventana 3634 ordered---should take delivery early February. We’re upgrading from a low end 30’ Fleetwood, our first RV, and decided on the Ventana for a number of reasons. I considered lots of other makes at similar prices and saw features on some that were really nice. I also talked to owners and heard rave reviews, especially from Tiffin people. I didn’t know anyone who owned a Newmar but had listened to all the RV Navigator podcasts and was familiar with their Dutch Star experiences. Finally we visited a Newmar dealer (Guaranty RV) in Junction City, Oregon and that sealed the deal. I was impressed with the quality of insulation, the cabinets, Comfort Drive, and the number of high end features I could cram into the Ventana price. I went all electric with the residential frig. and 2800 pure sine inverter, changed out some of the interior colors, upgraded the carpet and kitchen sink, added the Euro Booth, got LED lighting, Energy Management System, one piece fiberglass roof, high def wiring, navigation and Sirius radio, full seats with passenger footrest, big chrome exterior mirrors, upper cabinet slide out tray, and more that I can’t remember. I think it’s going to be a sweet coach and my only deep concern is if I ordered big enough. I drove the 4018 and the 3634 and strongly enjoyed the shorter coach better. But I’ll bet that most people on this forum (and my salesman) will tell you it’s a mistake not to go 40 feet. And while I didn’t enjoy driving the 40, It did have a king bed that I would have loved and the bathroom my wife would have loved. The bath in the 3634 is the one real negative in the Ventana and I’m hoping we learn to live with it.

Good luck with your decision. You’re going to love the help and kindness you get on this forum.
Gary
Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadweary
We have a Ventana 3634 ordered---should take delivery early February. We’re upgrading from a low end 30’ Fleetwood, our first RV, and decided on the Ventana for a number of reasons. I considered lots of other makes at similar prices and saw features on some that were really nice. I also talked to owners and heard rave reviews, especially from Tiffin people. I didn’t know anyone who owned a Newmar but had listened to all the RV Navigator podcasts and was familiar with their Dutch Star experiences. Finally we visited a Newmar dealer (Guaranty RV) in Junction City, Oregon and that sealed the deal. I was impressed with the quality of insulation, the cabinets, Comfort Drive, and the number of high end features I could cram into the Ventana price. I went all electric with the residential frig. and 2800 pure sine inverter, changed out some of the interior colors, upgraded the carpet and kitchen sink, added the Euro Booth, got LED lighting, Energy Management System, one piece fiberglass roof, high def wiring, navigation and Sirius radio, full seats with passenger footrest, big chrome exterior mirrors, upper cabinet slide out tray, and more that I can’t remember. I think it’s going to be a sweet coach and my only deep concern is if I ordered big enough. I drove the 4018 and the 3634 and strongly enjoyed the shorter coach better. But I’ll bet that most people on this forum (and my salesman) will tell you it’s a mistake not to go 40 feet. And while I didn’t enjoy driving the 40, It did have a king bed that I would have loved and the bathroom my wife would have loved. The bath in the 3634 is the one real negative in the Ventana and I’m hoping we learn to live with it.

Good luck with your decision. You’re going to love the help and kindness you get on this forum.
Gary
Did Newmar offer the additional roof insulation? Last year it was optional on Ventana and standard on the Dutch Star. Well worth the money.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #5

We currently have an 06 Itasca Suncruiser 38' (gas) and want to move into a diesel a bit shorter for storage reasons. We test drove a Ventana 3434 and could not believe how great it drove. Liked the floorplan but there were a few cramped areas as you would expect with any short motorhome though I think Newmar did as good a job with it as anyone has. The 3634 looks like it takes care of the items we didn't like in the 3434, but the tv viewing is not as good. The 3634 has the split bath the wife likes, there is an option for the residential fridge that Newmar told me they will not put in the 3434 floorplan, and the queen size sleeper sofa looks like there is still enough space to walk between it and the j-lounge when open. There is an optional tv that raises from a cabinet behind the j-lounge, but that narrows the living room by 9" and that might affect being able to get through this space. There is an optional insulation package also. Usually it's just the two of us but sometimes another couple will travel along. We thought we would have a couple tv connections added, one by the dinette (for traveling) and one by the kitchen counter by the stove to view from the couch. All the pictures of this floor plan show a euro dinette. Are you saying this is an option?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Our Ventana Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpartsvet View Post
We're considering placing an order for a new Ventana with the 3634 floorplan. I'd appreciate any feedback from those familiar with this floorplan on their likes and dislikes.

Thanks

We bought a 2011 Ventana 3433 all electric coach and recently traded up to a 2013 Dutch Star 4018. DS will be delivered mid February. Though we spent a fair amount on the Ventana which was loaded with almost every option that could have been bought that year, we wanted to have the Ventana for a while to be sure we liked the motor home lifestyle enough to justify making any bigger investment in a larger unit. We found that we did and in large part it was because we so thoroughly enjoyed the Ventana.

We were completely happy with the Ventana -- we only traded up because of more room, bigger engine, tag axle and a few new features on the DS which was re-tooled considerably for '13. Not a thing wrong with the Ventana in any respect. We could easily have owned and run it for a number of years happily.

The buyers who get it from the dealership where we traded it (Sky River RV in Dublin, California) will get one fabulous coach and be very happy with it.

Yes, the shower roominess is different, and better, on the bigger coach, but other than that, we found absolutely no flaws with the Ventana. It has all the most important features that Newmar offers -- Comfort Steering, Smart Wheel, all electric option, Newmar quality of construction, Newmar excellent service and post-purchase help.

We loved the driveability for certain. It was one of the real selling features to us after having driven a number of coaches, including Tiffin. On the other hand, having driven it, we learned that driving a slightly larger coach (41' v. 35' in the two coaches) is really not a big deal at all. Same width on highway, yes, a bit longer, but just as easy to drive and maneuver with the Comfort Steering. Never felt the toad on the back of the Ventana (2012 Honda CR-V AWD) and found ourselves checking in the rear camera just to make sure it was following us (it always did!).

When the Ventana was picked up at our home by the dealer in Dublin, CA as part of our deal, we were very sorry to see it go and watched wistfully as it left.

We have extremely happy and fond memories of our Ventana. Dollar for dollar, it is hard for us to imagine a better deal on a diesel pusher being currently offered by Newmar. If you choose to go this way, you and your wife will be very, very pleased I am certain.

It makes a lot of sense to get a tour of the Newmar plant if that is something you and your wife can do. Either before or after your purchase. You will see the quality they build into these coaches and why so many people are turning to Newmar these days. The reasons are for real. They do a special job and are great to deal with all the way. We have taken the tour several times and never seem to get enough of seeing the process. Great people, great product.

Best wishes -- and welcome to the Newmar Owners' Forum.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #7

The biggest downside to the buying the smaller coach is that odds are within a couple years you'll be trading up for the larger one and that costs more money than just buying it first. Unless you are forced into the smaller coach from a storage standpoint or you frequent places that you can't park a 40 footer I'd strongly consider the larger unit unless its just too late. I've wasted a lot of money starting small and continually upgrading until I got the big one. Regardless you will love your new coach. Enjoy!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #8

"Did Newmar offer the additional roof insulation? Last year it was optional on Ventana and standard on the Dutch Star. Well worth the money."

We did add the R-19 roof insulation option. It was inexpensive and a no brainer. The Euro Booth wasn't on the option list but our dealer had added it to a coach on their lot so we got to see how comfortable it was. I think it was about a $1400 upgrade. Be aware that when the slides are in the space to walk through that area is very tight.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum & irv2.
Its going to be a tight bathroom on the shorter coach's have been there and its wise just sit yourself down and visit in it for a while.
I do not have a DP but a coach with a bath & 1/2 in a 37' coach and it makes a world of difference with it.
You only have the 40' floor plan for a short coach with the same bath & 1/2 not much of choice but something you would be happier with.
Owners Guide

The LE has a 38' bath & 1/2 but its also a different coach.

Good luck in what ever your choice its a Newmar.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #10

Thanks all for your replies, and 007 for the link to the owner's manual. We finally got to see this floorplan. Made a trip to Newmar because they had one ready to ship to the dealer. We were not disappointed. I see what you mean by the pinch point with the slides in at the euro booth, but we can always open a slide to load and unload. It'll just be a squeeze while we're on the road.

We'll think about it over the holidays and probably start looking for a dealer next month. This will be our 4th rv, 1 small class C and 2 class A Itasca Suncruisers. The last Suncruiser was a 38' but had a lot of wasted space in the floorplan. The 36' will fit nicely in the storage we have and since we don't plan on full-timing, it has all the space we should need and then some. If we were looking for a larger one, some of the 40' Ventana floorplans do look interesting.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpartsvet View Post
Thanks all for your replies, and 007 for the link to the owner's manual. We finally got to see this floorplan. Made a trip to Newmar because they had one ready to ship to the dealer. We were not disappointed. The 36' will fit nicely in the storage we have and since we don't plan on full-timing, it has all the space we should need and then some.
You will be very pleased with all things Newmar. Quality of construction, coach design and features, Comfort Steering, Smart Wheel, diesel, Newmar service and Newmar customer attention.

Best of luck on your purchase.

A good dealer is important. Spend time looking for the right one.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote