Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ventana 4037 - Tuscany? - Discovery LXE? HELP

I have been doing my research for about 2 years now. Received lots of good info here at this forum. I pretty much had made my mind up on a Ventana 4037 pretty much loaded up. The only things I do not like are the aweing , shower, GPS system and some of the older technology.

Now I see the Tuscany, It has a bigger engine, Bigger Genset and Loads of new technology. I also say the new Fleetwood Discovery, It has the Gerard Awnings.
For less money, but no Tag.

This is my first and last RV. That Tuscany sure looks pretty. But The Newmar has the Reputation and the comfort drive.

What to do here? Any opinions?
toneil7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not really a fair comparison for HP. I would recommend you take a look at the Dutch Star models 4002,4018,4041 &4054. You can get the awnings you want and 450 HP plus comfort drive and the tag axle.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:11 PM   #3

OP...sounds like you might need a little more time before you decide. You have but one chance to purchase your first and last coach. Take your time. Your perfect coach for you will raise above the rest.

Many (myself included) will say that the engine and transmission combination is more than capable of getting the job done. Everybody wants more torque. So you are not alone in that regard.

I agree with you that the GPS, if it was the same as on my Ventana could be better. We did get the Ventana GPS, but now prefer our Garmin.

Not sure what your concerns are about the shower and the awnings.

We researched and discussed and researched some more. We purchased a 2015 VTDP and are extremely happy with our coach.

Best of luck in your research and ultimate purchase.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:35 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The one thing that caught my eye about this post is "awnings". If attractive but useless awnings are on the top of your list, then go for Girard awnings! If you actually want a usable awning then go for any other brand! Girard awnings are very very susceptible to the wind and the arms will snap faster than you can retract them. After replacing a few arms I refuse to even bring mine out! Believe me Carefree as an example is so much more usable! I vote for Ventana!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:10 PM   #5

Without question, the OP faces the same dilemma a good many others face regardless of the type of RV. Newer is new, but a few years older may result in a "better, bigger, etc." for the same price, and even a few more years older (again same price or less) and there are once top of the line RV's with lots of extras. It's enough of a conundrum to make normal people a bubble off-center. At the end of the day, I haven't found the solution.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discovery, vent, ventana