Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ventana 4381 owners...

Good afternoon from Sedona AZ.
My wife and I are planning to purchase a 2015 Ventana 4381, and are seeking feedback from current existing owners on this floorplan... and as to the overall functionality, efficiency, and reliability as to this Ventana 44 ft tag coach. Any comments, advice, and/or feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
wrbsab12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #2

We have the same size 2014 VTDP but a 4377 floor plan. It has 4 slides and a single bath as my wife did not like the bath and a half with the full wall slide when it was closed up for travel. We like ours very much and have had no problems except minor items. We had a fluke engine issue that was resolved quickly and under the warranty by Freightliner. The coach has plenty of power to suit me and I am happy with slightly over 8 MPG over the live of the engine thus far at about 17K miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbsab12 View Post
Good afternoon from Sedona AZ.
My wife and I are planning to purchase a 2015 Ventana 4381, and are seeking feedback from current existing owners on this floorplan... and as to the overall functionality, efficiency, and reliability as to this Ventana 44 ft tag coach. Any comments, advice, and/or feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum.
At the top of QT's # 3 there are threads on 2015 orders by people that maybe of interest and in this link 2015 order sheets are supplied with the 2016's.
Good luck in your quest.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:44 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We own a 2015 Dutch Star 4381, although a few differences between the DS and Ventana line, the floor plan is almost identical.

We're very pleased with the functionality of this floor plan, works well for us. I was not interested in a full wall slide and we wanted a bath and a half so this was one of the few plans available with these features. Another preference for us was the dining table on the door side of the coach, we really wanted to be able to look out over our own patio area as opposed to our neighbor's site. Additionally, we had Newmar move the televator TV from the DS of the coach to the ODS so we could leave that window open to a view of our patio.

This floor plan has far more livability with the slides closed than a floor plan with a full wall slide. We also ordered the standard dinette so that we could maintain as much space as possible between the dining table and the kitchen with the slides closed. Another thing we like about this floor plan is that if we overnight without deploying slides, we can still access the main bath and shower without having to crawl across the bed. The half bath in the 4381 is also larger than the half bath in any other floor plan so it's quite functional. We are also very pleased with the double vanity in the main bath.

The two bathrooms located mid coach also keeps most plumbing centrally located which reduces the length of plumbing runs with hot water to the fixtures very quickly (saves water when running off the tank). This was also a maintenance and repair issue for me, should be easier to repair problems and perform maintenance when it's all centrally located and above the tankage.

There is no obstruction of access to your wet bay, power bay or Oasis system with this floor plan with the slides deployed which I really like. But, on the flip side of that, because your kitchen is on the ODS of the coach, the front slide on the DS is the flush floor which reduces the height of your basement doors, which happen to be the ones you will probably access the most. This is the only drawback I have found with this floor plan but the many plusses easily make up for this.

I walked through a Ventana 4381 prior to ordering and assumed everything on the floor plans were identical. I was disappointed to discover that the pantry on Ventana is about 5" wider than the pantry in the Dutch Star, don't know why but the front DS slide on the Ventana is 5" longer. Wish we had that large Ventana style pantry!

In a nutshell, we love this floor plan and we're very pleased with the Newmar product, this is a great coach.

Send me a PM if you have any specific questions, more than happy to help with more information if you need it.

Scott
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent