Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2019, 02:25 PM   #1

VENTANA ---Dimmer switch

I have a 2015 4037 Ventana, and after my pre trip checks I saw the head lights would not go from high to low. I am thinking it is the dimmer switch gone bad. Looking for help on where it is located. Also is this a part i and just run to my local auto parts store to replace?

Thanks in advance
Les Wood
leswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2019, 11:34 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Does anyone have a answer for Les.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:59 AM   #3

Check to see if you have a recall on your coach. My 2017 did and fixed by Freightliner last year. You can call Freightliner or stop by a Freightliner shop.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:38 AM   #4

We also have a 2015 Ventana, but a 3636. There is a dimmer switch on the dash ,but this just affects the level of light on the dash dials (to my knowledge), not the hi/lo switching of the headlights. HI/LO is toggled by pulling up on the turn signal arm (IIRC...our coach is in the storage lot at the moment).
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:51 AM   #5

Dimmer switch

Sorry for not being clear, the switch I am talking about controls the headlights. In a car I know the switch was near the fuse panel. And it could be pulled out and replaced. With the RV, I looked in the fuse panel area and saw nothing what is in a car, tried under the dash, and didn’t see anything.

Again thanks for any help given,
Les Wood
Old 07-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #6

Les, Did you look for the fuse in the electronics bay (the first/front bay outside under the drivers chair)? There are several relays and 12v fuses there.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:09 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Les --

My 2016 Ventana LE 4037 had a safety recall for the headlights dimmer "control" not working. To correct the problem Newmar provided a new wiring harness that was installed in the battery control compartment (the driver side compartment between the front cap and left front tire). RV Masters in Houston obtained the new wiring harness from Newmar and installed the harness (Newmar reimbursed me for the 15 minutes of labor costs I had to pay).

Given my experience, the battery control compartment would be a good place to start looking. Also, do you have a Newgle account (Newgle is Newmar's Google for Newmar owners). There may be some info in Newgle about headlights dimmer control. I've also had good response when asking for help from Newmar customer service --> https://www.newmarcorp.com/get-answers/
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #8

Ok, being new to the Class A world and the Newmar owner, apparently if you do not have the key in the on position headlights do not change from high to low. Thanks to all who posted help. I guess its an operator error problem

Thanks

Les Wood
Old 07-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Must be new owner learning his coach which we all have done, Here is
a link with a few more answers for you and all the links below in my signature have them too.
Enjoy your coach and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #10

Thanks for posting the resolution, it’s always nice to read that!

Tags
ventana, vent, switch