Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ventana Model 4003 Bed Question

Looking at a 2015 Ventana Model 4003. Purchase Order form shows option of a queen bed layout vs. the standard king. Understand they make the end tables larger to account for the smaller bed size. Does anyone happen to have a pic with a good view of the queen bed layout with the larger end tables? Wouldn't have to necessarily be a Ventana model photo as I assume design would be similar in other models that offer this option.

Thanks in advance to all responders.
cstar5634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you look through these many video's of the different coach's should see first hand the bedroom area's.
You can find more info in the NEWMAR CORP sticky above.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"cstar5634".....I don't have photos, but here is what we found. We bought a 2014 Dutch Star 4018. It came with the King size sleep number bed. We found that the bed was squeezed so tightly into the room, it was difficult to walk alongside of it to make the bed. We cut the pedestal down and replaced the King Sleep Number bed, which we didn't care for, with a pillow top queen.

Here is another issue that I think Newmar needs to correct. On our 4018, there are wardrobe cabinets at the end of the bed that slide over the top of the bed when the slides are in. The problem is that the cabinets are only about 10" above the height of the bed platform. If you add any type of new mattress, other than a Sleep Number, they're taller than 10" and won't fit under the cabinets....bad design.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I have those, if you don't need a king it is great option makes the whole room----roomier

also the pantry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	74230   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	74231  

Attached Images

jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:52 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"cstar5634".....I don't have photos, but here is what we found. We bought a 2014 Dutch Star 4018. It came with the King size sleep number bed. We found that the bed was squeezed so tightly into the room, it was difficult to walk alongside of it to make the bed. We cut the pedestal down and replaced the King Sleep Number bed, which we didn't care for, with a pillow top queen.

Here is another issue that I think Newmar needs to correct. On our 4018, there are wardrobe cabinets at the end of the bed that slide over the top of the bed when the slides are in. The problem is that the cabinets are only about 10" above the height of the bed platform. If you add any type of new mattress, other than a Sleep Number, they're taller than 10" and won't fit under the cabinets....bad design.
So Dutch Star Don, how have you dealt with the issue? Did you have to go back to the Sleep Number mattress in order to be able to close the slide completely? We have a 13" high pillow top queen we wanted to use...sounds like that ain't gonna happen with the cabinet configuration...!
Old 09-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
I have those, if you don't need a king it is great option makes the whole room----roomier

also the pantry
Thanks for the pic's Jimbo. Was a little confused though about the pantry pic's and comment. Are you saying the pantry's different with the queen bed option?
Old 09-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
has nothing to with it.
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstar5634 View Post
So Dutch Star Don, how have you dealt with the issue? Did you have to go back to the Sleep Number mattress in order to be able to close the slide completely? We have a 13" high pillow top queen we wanted to use...sounds like that ain't gonna happen with the cabinet configuration...!
CStar,

I have a 2013 Ventana and added a 3" Tempur pedic topper to our bed and did not have any height limitations. (it could easily handle 15" ) and while looking at the photo gallery on the Newmar wedsite, the 2015 Ventana is very close to my 2013 configuration but does not have the wardrobe cabinet limitations as Don mentioned for his DutchStar.

Check with Newmar and the videos posted by 007 for a better visual of the layout. I think that it will work for you.
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
The Ventana 4003 does not have the two wardrobe cabinets across from the bed, therefore there is no limitation on the mattress thickness.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
The Ventana 4003 does not have the two wardrobe cabinets across from the bed, therefore there is no limitation on the mattress thickness.
You are absolutly correct Andy! Spotted a photo on RV Trader and sure enough I can see what Dutch Star Don is talking about. Looks like no issues if we want to use our 13" pillow-top in the Ventana.

Thanks again for yours and all others comments and photo's.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #11
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"cstar5634".....Glad you got your question answered. I did buy a 13" pillow top and had to take it back. Luckily, they had a thinner pillow top. We have to pull the blankets back when we close the slides to get the mattress under the cabinets. I also stick a plastic placemat on each corner of the bed, helps it slide under the cabinet.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent