Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2015, 06:24 PM   #1

Ventana ordering questions

It likely makes more sense to do my questions in one post
We currently full time and are looking at getting a 2016 Ventana 3427.

Is the sleep number air mattress worth the extra cost?

How awkward is reeling in the power cord if you don't have the power rewind?

What is the Energy Management System?

What are the mechanical lock arms used with the slides?

What are the pros and cons of the optional one piece fiberglass roof?

I'm sure I'll have more questions. TIA

J Sadler
jsadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2015, 07:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Is the sleep number air mattress worth the extra cost?
Don't have that. Can't help.

How awkward is reeling in the power cord if you don't have the power rewind?
I love the power rewind. Much better than fighting that heavy cord, especially if it is wet or muddy.

What is the Energy Management System?
It will monitor your energy usage, and shed items if it is using more amps than what your supply is. Get it, you will be happy you did.

What are the mechanical lock arms used with the slides?
They lock in the slides when traveling. Makes the side walls more rigid. We got the optional auto slide locks. No forgetting to unlock when putting out the slides, no forgetting to lock when traveling

What are the pros and cons of the optional one piece fiberglass roof?
Less maintainance,
should last longer. althought the Brite roof is a good product
Old 08-29-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
J in QT's # 3 there are discussions on items your interested in, members asking your same questions, from 2013 to present 2016 that should help you and if your ordering a new 2016 the NEWMAR CORP sticky has links for 2016 items and who to call at Newmar for info as to what you can change in your new coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
We have a sleep number mattress at home, and my DW and I like different firmness settings - so the SN mattress was a must for us. It's very comfortable - just like home. We are full-timing while our house is being built, so we're glad we got it.

We also got the FG roof, auto slide locks, and power rewind. The power reel is really great when the line is wet/dirty - just wrap a towel around it in your hand and hit the button.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:50 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at the QT3 info
Old 09-01-2015, 03:41 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We're going thru the build sheet at this time also...lots of choices.

We've decided to try the pillow top mattress that comes standard...and switch to a Sleep Number bed later if we need to. Our current camper had a very poor mattress...and we finally went sleep number last year. They are a huge improvement. So, we'll know very soon...if we need to switch over.

Although not familiar with the Newmar Energy Mgmt. System...in general they use coils strategically placed on certain loads to measure amp draw. The system detects the power source and then sheds loads as necessary...via a programmed hierarchy...to drop certain electrical loads to favor others. If your running on the Generator, or a 30 amp power supply...it may shed the second A/c unit when you fire up the microwave. They usually prevent two or more A/C units from starting at the same time to lessen the surge demand. We're definitely going to give it a try. If it works like I think...it'll beat having to tell my wife to make sure she shuts down one A/c unit before using the microwave, etc...when not connected to 50 amp shore power.

I saw a walk around video which described the slide locks. Not sure it was the standard equipment or optional equipment???

Unfortunately, the RV salesperson that we had take us to see a couple of Newmars really didn't know too much. After a couple of glaringly incorrect statements regarding the coaches...we kinda quit asking technical questions. It's not a good thing when your customers know more, from watching YouTube videos, about the item your selling than you do.

I'll keep watching your build progress... Let us know what kind of delivery date to expect when you find out. Hmm...kitchen window or no... We're back to no again...
C.Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Unfortunately, the RV salesperson that we had take us to see a couple of Newmars really didn't know too much. After a couple of glaringly incorrect statements regarding the coaches...we kinda quit asking technical questions. It's not a good thing when your customers know more, from watching YouTube videos, about the item your selling than you do.
I'm afraid this happens all to often. It happened to us, at more than one dealer, when we were shopping. It seems that each dealership may have one "go to" person for a manufacturer. I know it has to be hard for a salesman, especially at a large dealership, to be an expert on everything from a tear drop trailer to 3/4 million dollar coach but when a person is planning to spend a lot of money I don't think it is asking too much to get your questions answered correctly.

Thank goodness for sites like this one where you can have your questions answered and/or find resources to educate you on a product. After being on this site for a few months and two trips to the factory we were ready for the dealership.

Best of Luck
Old 09-02-2015, 04:50 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbahrns View Post
I'm afraid this happens all to often. It happened to us, at more than one dealer, when we were shopping. It seems that each dealership may have one "go to" person for a manufacturer. I know it has to be hard for a salesman, especially at a large dealership, to be an expert on everything from a tear drop trailer to 3/4 million dollar coach but when a person is planning to spend a lot of money I don't think it is asking too much to get your questions answered correctly.

Thank goodness for sites like this one where you can have your questions answered and/or find resources to educate you on a product. After being on this site for a few months and two trips to the factory we were ready for the dealership.

Best of Luck
So true...I'm sure I wouldn't be able to do it. There is a lot of diverse inventory at these dealerships. It's impossible to know all the facts. Congrats on your order ...is the wait long???
C.Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:51 AM   #9

Quote:
So true...I'm sure I wouldn't be able to do it. There is a lot of diverse inventory at these dealerships. It's impossible to know all the facts. Congrats on your order ...is the wait long???
Charlie,

Sent you a PM with info. We ordered on June 1st. and were scheduled for factory delivery on Sept. 14th but couldn't make it because of family obligations so we were re-scheduled for October 12th. The additional wait is killing us, but we had to do it.

Good Luck. In my opinion, custom ordering is well worth the effort.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:33 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
Oh yeah. Dealers are not for answering questions, that's what the Internet is for Dealers are for letting us look at coaches, drive them, and ultimately buy them. Occasionally there is a very well-informed dealer, usually because they specialize in one brand, so they get enough exposure. But we can't expect it.
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent