RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2019, 09:37 PM   #1

Very initial glimpse of 2020 Dutch Star...

We went to the factory last week to see our '20 DS 4310 right after it had been painted and gone through the "cut and buff" process. It still had approx 2 weeks of production time before it would be complete so it was far from done.

Just had a couple of early comments. We were very impressed with the new tile showers! Had a very "high end" feel to them (4310 has 2 showers). The inlaid tile which matches the backsplash selected for the bathroom just adds an extra touch of class. This upgrade that Newmar has made for the DS actually makes the whole bathroom feel more plush. Big thumbs up.

The new kitchen window design minus the big wooden valance is a huge improvement over the old design. The window seems a lot larger and allows in much more light because the window shade mechanism is now tucked behind the cabinets. A simple change but greatly improves the look of the kitchen area.

Lastly, really happy with the look and functionality of the taller cargo bay doors. Because of this one design change we get a larger outdoor fridge, slightly more clearance for storage and most importantly a totally redesigned Sanicon that is installed correctly in the wet bay. When we first walked up to the coach it seemed a bit larger/taller than ones in the past. The only thing that we could guess is that this is because the basement has been slightly lowered.

If Dutch Star has been the model where you get the most bang for your buck, that has only become even more true. They've made some great improvements. These are just some initial impressions, can't wait to actually to take delivery and start using it!

Would love to hear other first impressions.

CentILRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2019, 03:18 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yesterday I was able to get into your coach at the end of the bldg 7 tour. The bunks have not been installed yet, and they were doing final QC on it.

I think the drivers seat is better in 20 than 19, seemed to have more padding.

The kitchen window is very impressive, as are the large non-opening windows on the driver side. That gave a very spacious feeling, even with 14 people standing in it.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Yesterday I was able to get into your coach at the end of the bldg 7 tour. The bunks have not been installed yet, and they were doing final QC on it.

I think the drivers seat is better in 20 than 19, seemed to have more padding.

The kitchen window is very impressive, as are the large non-opening windows on the driver side. That gave a very spacious feeling, even with 14 people standing in it.
I was on the tour yesterday as well but stopped at my coach to take more picture of my coach. I have a lot of pictures from beginning to end of build. If you want to know what is where behind walls on a 4369 I probably have a picture of it
Bob
wishalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:19 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What surprised me is how much wiring is on either side of the 1/2 bath window going down the wall towards the peg bay. I dare say it would be very difficult to fish a new wire from the bay up either of those paths.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:33 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
The Dutch Star is Newmar's bread & butter.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:53 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wiring is very congested in frame by 1/2 bath, passengers front,both “A” frames and along the passenger side roof line.
wishalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
We almost pulled the trigger on a 2019 but are glad we waited .
As CentILRVer stated there have been several nice changes in 2020.
We are getting exited to see our coach on the line.
It goes thru the second week of October.
.....Are we there yet?
ShelbyTom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:21 PM   #8

One improvement that I have been waiting for for several years is an upgraded TV mount for the exterior TV. One that not only swivels left to right but up and down too. There are times when the glare of the sun would be eliminated if the television could be tilted downward. This year I am thinking of having that amount changed after taking delivery. Is there any reason anybody can think of where that would be a bad idea or not doable? I understand that we might have to experiment with several different brackets to see which one works best. But I making sure that there isn’t something else that I missing that one of you have thought of.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:10 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
NealC did a nice write up on his TV mount Swap about a year ago.
Search for Much improved external TV mount
ShelbyTom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentILRVer View Post
One improvement that I have been waiting for for several years is an upgraded TV mount for the exterior TV. One that not only swivels left to right but up and down too. There are times when the glare of the sun would be eliminated if the television could be tilted downward. This year I am thinking of having that amount changed after taking delivery. Is there any reason anybody can think of where that would be a bad idea or not doable? I understand that we might have to experiment with several different brackets to see which one works best. But I making sure that there isn’t something else that I missing that one of you have thought of.

I changed our ext TV mount to something similar that Neal did. Great improvement. I was hoping to find a design that not only tilted down, but actually came out and dropped down. Problem I ran into was how far the tv stuck out and I couldn’t close the hatch.

Post up some pics!! We’re debating sending in a 2020 4326 order in shortly. What made you do the 4310 vs 4326? I’d really like to do custom triple bunks (3 kids).
kpecks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentILRVer View Post
We went to the factory last week to see our '20 DS 4310 right after it had been painted and gone through the "cut and buff" process. It still had approx 2 weeks of production time before it would be complete so it was far from done.

Just had a couple of early comments. We were very impressed with the new tile showers! Had a very "high end" feel to them (4310 has 2 showers). The inlaid tile which matches the backsplash selected for the bathroom just adds an extra touch of class. This upgrade that Newmar has made for the DS actually makes the whole bathroom feel more plush. Big thumbs up.

The new kitchen window design minus the big wooden valance is a huge improvement over the old design. The window seems a lot larger and allows in much more light because the window shade mechanism is now tucked behind the cabinets. A simple change but greatly improves the look of the kitchen area.

Lastly, really happy with the look and functionality of the taller cargo bay doors. Because of this one design change we get a larger outdoor fridge, slightly more clearance for storage and most importantly a totally redesigned Sanicon that is installed correctly in the wet bay. When we first walked up to the coach it seemed a bit larger/taller than ones in the past. The only thing that we could guess is that this is because the basement has been slightly lowered.

If Dutch Star has been the model where you get the most bang for your buck, that has only become even more true. They've made some great improvements. These are just some initial impressions, can't wait to actually to take delivery and start using it!

Would love to hear other first impressions.
I just saw several Dutch's and they are nice coaches. My new Ventana 4369 just arrived from the factory on Monday. I was a Dutch owner - but when you talk about bang for the buck - the new Ventana for $100K less is pretty impressive as well. I noticed the dealer's lot is full of Dutch's but only 2 Ventana's. I think Newmar has hit a sweet spot with the new Ventana as well. Not knocking the Dutch- I see the differences and love it - but I couldn't see the $100K diff personally. But that's why they have all these different model lines of diesels - I don't think you can go wrong with a Newmar! The new Kountry Coach is nice too!
Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
I changed our ext TV mount to something similar that Neal did. Great improvement. I was hoping to find a design that not only tilted down, but actually came out and dropped down. Problem I ran into was how far the tv stuck out and I couldn’t close the hatch.

Post up some pics!! We’re debating sending in a 2020 4326 order in shortly. What made you do the 4310 vs 4326? I’d really like to do custom triple bunks (3 kids).

For our family the 4326 vs 4310 decision was a easy one. The DW and I are both of slight build and therefore consider a king size bed as more of a luxury (we have a king at home) rather than a necessity. BUT, after several years of traveling in a coach with two full baths, now that has become a necessity for us! When the family returns to the coach after a day of playing at the beach and you have dinner reservations in 90 mins.....you cannot beat having 2 showers.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:43 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Much improved external TV mount

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post