Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2019, 01:07 AM   #337

Newmar Owners Club
Vertical needles

I’m new here, and haven’t read all 25 pages of this thread yet, but downloaded the program and can hardly wait to get the DP to hook up to!
Racers often rotate gauges so the maximum or normal values they desire have the needle straight up. This can be done in BlueFire with the “Starting Angle” setting. For many gauges that run pretty consistently, a glance shows all vertical needles and all is OK.
TravlinMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2019, 05:22 AM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
I notice my turbo pressure text gauge updates very slowly. I tried comparing it to the Freightliner digital readout which is instantaneous and it takes several seconds to show the correct value. I’m using a second gen iPad mini on a 2015 American Revolution.
Am I the only one having this issue?
1551retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #339

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Am I the only one having this issue?
Quote:
I notice my turbo pressure text gauge updates very slowly. I tried comparing it to the Freightliner digital readout which is instantaneous and it takes several seconds to show the correct value. I’m using a second gen iPad mini on a 2015 American Revolution.
I noticed you posted a follow up this morning. Since no one has responded with a similar situation it seems like it is an isolated issue that may not be related to the app, but rather your ECM.

I would suggest contacting the developer, Mark, at mark.fredrickson@bluefire-llc.com.
Mark can possibly give you the PGN to monitor the results of which would be in your Event Log that you would send to him.

He will be at the FMCA rally in Perry, GA, this coming week so you might not hear back from him for awhile.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #340

Selected Tranny gear readout

Lance, do all Allison MH transmission have locking capability? I have 2000 Allison MH3060.

Pat Coleman
2000 Monaco Diplomat
2014 Honda CRV
cpat39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:41 AM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I noticed you posted a follow up this morning. Since no one has responded with a similar situation it seems like it is an isolated issue that may not be related to the app, but rather your ECM.

I would suggest contacting the developer, Mark, at mark.fredrickson@bluefire-llc.com.
Mark can possibly give you the PGN to monitor the results of which would be in your Event Log that you would send to him.

He will be at the FMCA rally in Perry, GA, this coming week so you might not hear back from him for awhile.
I kind of doubt that it's ECM. I've been using VMSpc for several years and turbo pressure pretty much matches the Freightliner reading and updates quickly. I'll email Mark. Thanks.
1551retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:38 AM   #342

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have noticed some sluggishness at times with my updates.

I also get a constant error that the events are full. So far I have not done anything to diagnose, but plan on doing a full reset of the application and BT adapter. If it continues, then I will submit a ticket to Mark.

I suggest that you do the adapter reset and application reset.

To reset the application, first email your dash to yourself, then you can follow your devices specific method for resetting all application data. Normally uninstalling and reinstalling will do this.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #343
JWN

Air tank pressure

Anybody with a 2013 Freightliner chassis getting air tank pressures on BF dash?
Love the app and custom dash ability, even better if I could get air.
I did find someone who had same chassis as mine but 1 month diff build date who gets air readings.
Attached is screen shot of my dash connected. But xml File did not upload.
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash 40 0217 connected.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	237720  
JWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:53 PM   #344

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Version 3.4 has been released. It is going through the Apple process for IOS devices, but I know it's available now for Win 10 and I believe it's available for Android devices.

There are a lot of neat options available in this release. Please note there is one bug that Mark will correct upon his return from Perry. Double tapping to modify the RPM gauge will cause the app to crash.

Here's a list of the updates:

Customize Dash Page
Fixed the 'Show Only Circular Gauges' option.
Added 'Group Number' that allows for grouping all dash gauges for moving together.
Added 'Font Sizes' and 'Font Attributes' defaults for setting Text and Circular gauges names and values.
Added 'Circular Gauge Spacings' defaults for adjusting the spacing of Circular gauge names and values.
Customize Gauges Page
Added 'Font Sizes' and 'Font Attributes' for setting gauge names and values.
Removed 'Show Large Text Values' in lieu of 'Font Size'.
Using the 'Location X, Y and Center' options to move a gauge with a 'Group Number' will move all other gauges with the same 'Group Number'.
Added 'Match Needle Color' that sets the gauge name and value color to the needle color.
Added 'Group Number' that allows for grouping gauges for moving together.
Added 'Decimal Places' for setting the number of decimal places for the gauge's value.
Added 'Spacings' to Circular Gauges for adjusting the spacing of gauge names and values.
Selecting gauges has been redesigned for ease of use. Tapping on the 'Select a Text/Circular Gauge' heading will switch between gauges.
View Dash Page
Improved the time it takes to show the dash.
Fixed the missing 'Engine Status' and 'Cruise Control' text gauges.
Moving a gauge on a scrollable dash below the page will automatically adjust the scrollbar.
Moving a gauge with a 'Group Number' will move all other gauges with the same 'Group Number'.
Locked gauges will start the gauge needle test after the dash is fully shown.
Trip text gauges will show data when the key is off.
Time text gauges will continue to show the time when the key if off.
Trip 'Fuel Remaining' and 'Distance Remaining' will show with one decimal point.
Trip Page
'Fuel Remaining' and 'Distance Remaining' will show with one decimal point.
The Trip email report shows 'Start/End Def Used' with correct unit of measure.
Other
Changed retrieving cruise control, transmission gears, brake switches, and fan state to polling every seconds rather than waiting for state change.
Known Bugs
Customizing a RPM Text Gauge will crash the app. This will be fixed shortly in version 3.5.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #345

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Thanks for the update - really appreciated - will just wait until next week for ver 3.5 rather than taking a chance on messing with the Tach and causing a crash.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:38 PM   #346

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkatgifts View Post
Thanks for the update - really appreciated - will just wait until next week for ver 3.5 rather than taking a chance on messing with the Tach and causing a crash.
It doesn't hurt anything as you can simply restart the app. Best thing is to just not attempt to modify the RPM gauge.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #347
JWN

Great update. I had no issue with rpm Gauge update. I changed font and size of rpm Gauge with no issue.
Using iPad 4.
Jeff
JWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #348

I can confirm that the Android 3.4 version is available on Play. The changes are great, very useful.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #349

Just completed my first custom dash using BlueFire. I wanted to configure my BlueFire dash to render all of the engine gauges on one side of the iPad screen. By doing this using an iPad capable of doing split view with IOS 12, I can now display both a navigation screen and the BlueFire engine gauges at the same time in different panels on one screen.

Here is a screen shot of my BlueFire dash screen running in full screen mode:

As you can see most of the currently available parameters are displayed in just a small portion of the iPad Pro 11 screen.

When you bring up split screen on the iPad with my custom dash screen the navigation app you use displays in the larger panel while the dash gauges display in a smaller panel.

Currently WAZE and Apple Maps supports IOS split screen. My favorite navigation app Google Maps currently does not support IOS 12 split screen functionality. CoPilot does not support split screen either. There is a bug in the current version of BlueFire that will not allow me to format the "RPM" widget at this time.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:06 PM   #350

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great idea, and a very nice layout!

Tags
ace, replace, replacement