RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
lostinfla's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ft. Myers, Fl.
Posts: 1,177
installed the app in an old note 2 and am impressed with the ease of layout. Here's a shot of my prototype for a new glass dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-09 14.50.58.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	231423  
__________________

__________________
Jim, Bonnie & Irma (our hurricane rescue)
2016 DSDP 3736 all electric, custom paint and interior. HWH Active Air coming soon
2014 Wrangler Altitude

Prov. 3: 5-6
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2019, 01:54 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
redbaron73's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,850
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
installed the app in an old note 2 and am impressed with the ease of layout. Here's a shot of my prototype for a new glass dash.
Looks nice. My bluetooth adapter arrives today, so I can give it a real shot.
__________________

__________________
2019 DSDP 4369 * FREIGHTLINER XCR * HWH ACTIVE AIR

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:29 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
lostinfla's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ft. Myers, Fl.
Posts: 1,177
I'll be watching
__________________
Jim, Bonnie & Irma (our hurricane rescue)
2016 DSDP 3736 all electric, custom paint and interior. HWH Active Air coming soon
2014 Wrangler Altitude

Prov. 3: 5-6
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
BobGed's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of the Washoe Zephyr
Posts: 2,421
@redbaron73, thanks a lot for posting this info. I am very interested in how it works for you. The fact that it's Bluetooth doesn't concern me as I have had a lot of Bluetooth devices without any problems at all. I think it's more that Silverleaf is having problems getting it to work with their system.

While I think the world of Art Renda at Silverleaf, I just think they don't have much of a commitment to the VMSpc programming.

It looks like the BlueFire is all this company does so hopefully it can even be improved, particularly since it's open source.

As you know the VMSpc program has a PID sniffer to search for all available functions that can potentially be monitored, It looks like BlueFire has a PGN sniffer that hopefully you will find does the same thing, and offers some additional functions over what is now included.

Hope all goes well with your testing.

PS - I'm attaching a screenshot of a dial layout I did on my iPad (3rd Gen). I am also working on a text layout on my Win 10 computer, but that is more involved in setting the gauge sizes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad Dial Gauge Layout.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	231430  
__________________
Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:57 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
redbaron73's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,850
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
@redbaron73, thanks a lot for posting this info. I am very interested in how it works for you. The fact that it's Bluetooth doesn't concern me as I have had a lot of Bluetooth devices without any problems at all. I think it's more that Silverleaf is having problems getting it to work with their system.

While I think the world of Art Renda at Silverleaf, I just think they don't have much of a commitment to the VMSpc programming.

It looks like the BlueFire is all this company does so hopefully it can even be improved, particularly since it's open source.

As you know the VMSpc program has a PID sniffer to search for all available functions that can potentially be monitored, It looks like BlueFire has a PGN sniffer that hopefully you will find does the same thing, and offers some additional functions over what is now included.

Hope all goes well with your testing.

PS - I'm attaching a screenshot of a dial layout I did on my iPad (3rd Gen). I am also working on a text layout on my Win 10 computer, but that is more involved in setting the gauge sizes.
will you export your screen so I can try to upload it to my android. I have been wondering how the dash import/export would work.

Also, I have a copy of the source code, and plan on customizing the code base. I do not have an Apple computer to compile it on, but I will be able to compile executable for windows and android.
__________________
2019 DSDP 4369 * FREIGHTLINER XCR * HWH ACTIVE AIR

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
BobGed's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of the Washoe Zephyr
Posts: 2,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
will you export your screen so I can try to upload it to my android. I have been wondering how the dash import/export would work.

Also, I have a copy of the source code, and plan on customizing the code base. I do not have an Apple computer to compile it on, but I will be able to compile executable for windows and android.
PM sent regarding exporting the dash layout.

I notice on their website forum that the developer shot down the idea of adding a color feature for the text gauges. Is that something you might be looking at doing?
__________________
Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
redbaron73's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,850
Blog Entries: 4
regarding the source code - I just noticed that it is the API source code, not the full application source code.

Still going to be very useful to have, and will go a long ways towards integrating into my homeseer.


I have connected the controller, and it worked straight out of the box. I have not spent enough time with it yet to form a real opinion, but it is good to know that it works without much effort.
__________________
2019 DSDP 4369 * FREIGHTLINER XCR * HWH ACTIVE AIR

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:21 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
FlaRider's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
Posts: 587
You can get a 10% discount by ordering from blue fire website. Coupon code amazon
__________________
Marc & Jennifer + 8 paws
2018 DSDP 4327 Spartan
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
FlaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:37 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
LabRat's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lincoln University, PA
Posts: 388
Just an FYI, according to their website there are two versions of the dongle - one for Windows/Android and one for iOS devices which is very strange because on Amazon there is only one.

https://bluefire-llc.com/store/9-pin...j1708-adapters



Correction - One will work with iOS and Windows/Android and the other will only work with Windows/Android. The one for sale on Amazon works on all operating systems.
__________________
2018 Newmar New Aire
2007 Country Coach Rhapsody
2004 Holiday Rambler Imperial
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
redbaron73's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,850
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Just an FYI, according to their website there are two versions of the dongle - one for Windows/Android and one for iOS devices which is very strange because on Amazon there is only one.

https://bluefire-llc.com/store/9-pin...j1708-adapters



Correction - One will work with iOS and Windows/Android and the other will only work with Windows/Android. The one for sale on Amazon works on all operating systems.
The $10 apple license fee
__________________
2019 DSDP 4369 * FREIGHTLINER XCR * HWH ACTIVE AIR

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
LabRat's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lincoln University, PA
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
The $10 apple license fee
Yup
__________________
2018 Newmar New Aire
2007 Country Coach Rhapsody
2004 Holiday Rambler Imperial
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:37 PM   #40
Member
 
Bargeloh's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 45
Just got mine. Tried it out parked, everything seamed to work. If you’ve developed a good dash layout be sure to add it to the Blue forum page!
Bargeloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #41
Member
 
Starmaster's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 64
My adapter should be here tomorrow or Saturday. When I ordered, I talked to the developer for quit a while. I mentioned the option to change gauge colors etc and he was open to the idea, said he would look into it.

I also mentioned the Quartzsite RV show and what a great marketing opportunity it would be. He was not familiar with it. But, after our discussion, he signed up and will have a booth, 623a.

See ya’ll in Q next week, we’ll be there on Wednesday

Dave
__________________
Dave, Barb, and Paisley the Wonder Wiemeraner
2015 Ventana 4037 pulling 2017 F150 SuperCrew
Blue Ox Avail and Air Force One
Starmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:41 AM   #42
Member
 
Someday Came's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 39
The j1939 on my coach (2015 Ventana 4369) is on the firewall at the rear of the coach. For those that have purchased the Bluefire. Is your connector also at the rear of the coach, and is the bluetooth reception / operation reliable if you have a ipad / tablet at the front of the coach? (i.e 40 + feet away)
__________________

__________________
2015 Newmar Ventana 4369 w Hydralift
2000 Road King
2013 Explorer
Someday Came is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ace, replace, replacement



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coachmen: Best Option for Awning Replacement jcm3 Forest River Owners Forum 2 08-23-2016 12:02 PM
Roof Replacement, is it an option? GaDawgFan Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 9 08-07-2014 07:07 PM
Entry Step Replacement Option EngineerMike Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 1 07-27-2011 11:24 PM
Is the diesel 'option' still an option? rough road iRV2.com General Discussion 9 03-26-2011 11:05 AM
Fridge dying replacement option dometic "new Dimension" wftree RV Systems & Appliances 2 01-04-2007 12:19 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.