Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2019, 05:21 AM   #533

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
It is for me as well. I just left a message for Mark. Hopefully it will be back up shortly.
Just heard from Mark. Their hosting provider was hit with a ransomware attack Saturday morning and all files were encrypted. Over 400,000 of their customers were affected. The hosting provider paid the ransom and have been decrypting files. The databases are fine but the apps and their operating system are still broken.

He is hoping that we’ll be back up in a day or two, if not he will move everything over to another provider.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #534

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
BlueFire web site is back up BlueFire
Old 12-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #535

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mark, the developer of the BlueFire app, has received the following question from a customer trying to run the app on an iPad Air II, and is asking if anyone else might be experiencing the same problem on the same device.

“But, after customizing gauges, the program sometimes jumps back to the EULA screen. But it only identifies it as such in the top margin, and the rest the screen remains blank. Try as I might, the only way I have found to escape that BSOD (Blank-screen-of-death?) is to uninstall the entire program, and then download it again from the Apple Store. Is there an alternative escape path I'm overlooking?”

If so please contact Mark at mark.fredrickson@bluefire-llc.com.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #536

Air pressure for old Freightliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Yesterday I found that the air pressure is in fact available on the freightliner bus. I was ran a 30 second sniff of all codes and then spent 3 hours evaluating the data.

I found that the data is available on the brake controller PGN#65274.

SPN 117 & 118 are both returning valid data for my air tanks. This is what I get on the scan:
FFCFD0FFFFFFFFFF
Which is 120PSI for Tank A and B (rounded)

I have sent the details to Mark at Bluefire so he can add this option for us.

I have many other discoveries that are useful, and will be documenting these.

If anyone has the ability to collect j1939 data and has a different engine, chassis, or year, this would be good information to compare. We may be able to find some consistent data points between these that we can then feed back to Mark for inclusion.

To capture data you need one of the following:
Scangauge D with currwnt firmware.
Silverleaf vmspc jib and knowledge of how to capture serial data.
Any other j1939 interface that can output to raw data.
We have an 08 Allegro Bus on a Freightliner chassis. We just got the Bluefire and it looks like our air pressure gauges don’t work. Does anyone know if there’s a work around or do we need to stick with our dash gauges?
HeritageHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageHD View Post
We have an 08 Allegro Bus on a Freightliner chassis. We just got the Bluefire and it looks like our air pressure gauges don’t work. Does anyone know if there’s a work around or do we need to stick with our dash gauges?

This thread seems to have gone dead. Is there a problem? I have been following and have purchased a new Win10 tab to run the program. Hopefully it is still being supported.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #538

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
This thread seems to have gone dead. Is there a problem? I have been following and have purchased a new Win10 tab to run the program. Hopefully it is still being supported.
Yes it is still being supported. The developer is working on an update to add the display of TPMS information for those that have Pressure Pro or TireMinder systems. There may be some other added features as well.
Old 12-25-2019, 07:20 PM   #539

Quote:
Yes it is still being supported. The developer is working on an update to add the display of TPMS information for those that have Pressure Pro or TireMinder systems. There may be some other added features as well.

Was he unable to come to an arrangement with TST as well?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:14 PM   #540

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Was he unable to come to an arrangement with TST as well?
This is out of the realm of my expertise but apparently the BlueFire app can only obtain data from the J1939 or J1708 protocol, and at least at this time, only Pressure Pro and TireMinder meet that requirement.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:46 AM   #541

Most likely is that the Bluefire is obtaining the data from the Bluetooth signal of these particular units. Whatever, having TPMS data on the Bluefire would be awesome.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:13 AM   #542

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bydnar View Post
Most likely is that the Bluefire is obtaining the data from the Bluetooth signal of these particular units. Whatever, having TPMS data on the Bluefire would be awesome.
The BlueFire adapters only transmit data to the display device via Bluetooth. They do not receive any data via Bluetooth, but rather read data from the J1939 or J1708 protocol.
Old 12-28-2019, 06:29 AM   #543

My logic for an earlier unsubstantiated statement:
1. The BlueFire adapter collects data from the chassis protocol and sends it via Bluetooth to an owners choice of receiver such as a phone, tablet, computer or laptop. Within that receiving device, there is an application that transforms the Bluetooth signal into a display for the device.
2. There are at least 2 TPMS systems that send data to a phone, tablet, computer or laptop via Bluetooth signal. Within that device, the signal is transformed into a display for that device.

Since #1 & #2 sounds eerily similar, the logical conclusion was that since the BlueFire application is receiving Bluetooth data from it’s adapter, it could also be configured to receive other Bluetooth signals in the form of TPMS data.

My apologies for offering a logical assumption. No place here for other than true and hard facts.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:18 AM   #544

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bydnar View Post
My logic for an earlier unsubstantiated statement:
1. The BlueFire adapter collects data from the chassis protocol and sends it via Bluetooth to an owners choice of receiver such as a phone, tablet, computer or laptop. Within that receiving device, there is an application that transforms the Bluetooth signal into a display for the device.
2. There are at least 2 TPMS systems that send data to a phone, tablet, computer or laptop via Bluetooth signal. Within that device, the signal is transformed into a display for that device.

Since #1 & #2 sounds eerily similar, the logical conclusion was that since the BlueFire application is receiving Bluetooth data from it’s adapter, it could also be configured to receive other Bluetooth signals in the form of TPMS data.

My apologies for offering a logical assumption. No place here for other than true and hard facts.
If you're by chance referring to my post, it is not unsubstantiated. I am one of the beta tester for the BlueFire app and my information comes from the developer. The TMPS data needs to be transmitted over the J1939 or J1708 protocol in order for his program to read it.

Would you mind sharing the names of the TPMS providers that are currently sending their data to a phone, tablet, computer or laptop via Bluetooth with no third party involvement?
Old 12-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #545

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There is a j1939 bridge for the tst tpms system. Right now it is exclusive to silverleaf, and they have integrated it into vmspc.

I have not ordered the bridge yet, but plan on doing so.

I too am a beta tester for bluefire, and plan on sharing the information gleaned from the bridge with the developer. Most likely it will work the same as all the other systems.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #546

Quote:
If you're by chance referring to my post, it is not unsubstantiated.

My statement was unsubstantiated.

Would you mind sharing the names of the TPMS providers that are currently sending their data to a phone, tablet, computer or laptop via Bluetooth with no third party involvement?

Tireminder and Pressurepro are 2. Likely more.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement