RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGizmo View Post
Worked perfect, BobGed! I was able to import your dash into BOTH iPads; the Mini and the Pro. The Scroll feature had no relevance. What I kept forgetting, was to tap the IMPORT button after using BROWSE to locate the file.

One time, the Mini layout was a mess, but I reimporting and all is well. I was also able to SAVE the layout and re-select it.

I notice that the Default gauge size is 66.6% on both iPads...interesting. It appears as though the Import function will resize appropriately; good stuff.

Thanks again!!
You'e welcome, Steve. Good to know that the IOS files will automatically resize, so thanks for posting that info.

I imported my iPad layout to my 10" Win 10 tablet and it did not automatically resize, which isn't really surprising since they're different platforms.

BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2019, 03:24 PM   #58

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I was adding gauges to my dash layout I was occasionally running into a problem where it would appear to drop gauges I had previously placed. For an example I would have six gauges on my screen. I would then double tap an open area to add a gauge, but when I went back to the dash screen there were only four of the previous gauges showing.

It was driving me nuts, so in case anyone else runs into this problem here is the solution that worked for me.

After placing the new gauge. double tab an open area and select Load Custom Dash. Select the name of the file you're working on, and then press the blue Merge Dash button. When you go back to the dash view all of the previously place gauges plus the new one should be there.

I would recommend saving the layout you're working on regularly.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:15 PM   #59

Spartan Chassis
I also found that BEFORE you select to VIEW DASH, after importing a new one, you must orient your iPad/Tablet correctly. Otherwise, the gauges will just be stacked on top of each other, or in a completely wrong location.

I proved this on all three of my devices; iPhone, iPad Pro and mini.
CaptainGizmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:35 PM   #60

Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
Will do, although I will have to do a little hands on with it before the trip to understand use of the functions. I'll be with the NKK at Tampa if anyone there wants to check it out. I just hope it works reliably after buying the adaptor.

I ordered one yesterday I hope to have it by Tuesday so I can use it on our way to a Tampa. Hopefully we can compare displays.

Marc
FlaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:38 AM   #61

Turns out my Surface Pro fits right in the insert over the steering column after adding spacers to the lower mount screws for the trim. If this thing works, it could get a better mount and be my new "glass dash". For the first run, I'll just stick it on the Nato mount for the phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-12 08.22.32.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	231692  

Prov. 3: 5-6
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:37 AM   #62
Newmarian

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
If you all have control of your design I suggest a dark background instead of white. (or day/night mode)
Old 01-12-2019, 07:49 AM   #63

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is a screenshot in night mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad Dial Gauge Layout-Dark.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	231704  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:21 AM   #64

Following

Following this is great stuff
Bobschle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #65

I downloaded the ap to my tablet last night to start setting it up while I wait for the adapter from bluefire, seems pretty easy to use, but slow to react when I make changes or toggle between screens. It may be my tablet, I'm not sure. One thing I was looking forward to seeing is the fuel economy. I know vmspc can display it, but I don't see it in the menu for bluefire. Am I missing something?
Old 01-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #66

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueRamsey View Post
I downloaded the ap to my tablet last night to start setting it up while I wait for the adapter from bluefire, seems pretty easy to use, but slow to react when I make changes or toggle between screens. It may be my tablet, I'm not sure. One thing I was looking forward to seeing is the fuel economy. I know vmspc can display it, but I don't see it in the menu for bluefire. Am I missing something?
My Win 10 tablet is much slower than my iPad when toggling between gauge selection and dash view.

For the fuel info, on the main menu screen click on Drive and then scroll down to Fuel Economy.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
My Win 10 tablet is much slower than my iPad when toggling between gauge selection and dash view.

For the fuel info, on the main menu screen click on Drive and then scroll down to Fuel Economy.
My windows 10 laptop with an 8th gen i7 and 16gb ram is slower than my android phone with this app.

I think it is specifically written for the android and apple products and windows is a emulation mode for compatibility.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:25 AM   #68

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
My windows 10 laptop with an 8th gen i7 and 16gb ram is slower than my android phone with this app.

I think it is specifically written for the android and apple products and windows is a emulation mode for compatibility.
Plus I don't have GPS functionality on my Win 10 without using a Dual external GPS receiver. Looks like I'll be switching to the iPad in lieu of the Win 10 machine I was using for VMSpc.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #69

So, will any google driven pad will work better with this than a Windows based pad? If so, I'll probably end up buying a cheap unit as a stand alone display for the system.

Prov. 3: 5-6
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:04 PM   #70

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
So, will any google driven pad will work better with this than a Windows based pad? If so, I'll probably end up buying a cheap unit as a stand alone display for the system.
As long as it's Android or IOS it should work.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement