Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Waiting for it to warm up . . .

. . . so I can find out what's wrong with our PrecisionTemp. Everything was working fine before we took it in for some other types of maintenance work. Never thought to check the furnace after getting it back since they weren't to do any work on it. Tried to turn it on last night for the 30 degree temp and it didn't start up. I've got lights in the thermostat on the wall and the fans work, but no response from the furnace. I checked to make sure the propane was turned on and even turned on the burners on the stove to prime the gas line. When checking the PT outside, I noticed that the handle had already been turned from summer to winter position. That was not done by us; we only use the furnace a few nights in the winter in Florida. Am wondering now if someone at the shop had a reason to be in that compartment.

We had trouble when we first got this coach and the problem then was a reset button on the side of the unit. It popped off twice. To get to this button, the partition board next to the unit has to be removed and then the side of the unit needs to come off. A real pain, especially in this cold weather. I hope this is the issue because we leave home on Wednesday morning for the winter.

Just as soon as the sun shines on that side of the coach, I'll head out to see what I can find. Wish me luck!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Flipped the switch on and off a few times and now the furnace works. Hope it holds us until we get south.

I love my coach!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #3

was the unit running when you turn the switch on or doing nothing
newmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have a safe trip to warmer weather, jillie.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmar10 View Post
was the unit running when you turn the switch on or doing nothing
The furnace wasn't doing anything. I turned the thermostat off before I flipped the switch and turned it back on afterwards. That's when it started working.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Have a safe trip to warmer weather, jillie.
Thanks, 007. It's 53 here this morning and I'm freezing to death.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #7

That should not make a difference so maybe your switch just did not make contact on the first try
newmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmar10 View Post
That should not make a difference so maybe your switch just did not make contact on the first try
There's no way for me to track this down now until it happens again. Just hope I don't have that opportunity.