Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #1

Walk Through Video of 2015 Newmar Bay Star

When we took delivery of our new Bay Star 2903, we recorded the walk through that Scotty over at Tom Lindstrom RV did for us - going over the different systems and how everything works. We have referred to this video quite a few times, especially when one of us asks "What does that button do??" We thought it might be helpful for others, so we decided to cut it together and post on YouTube (and we did get permission from Tom/Scotty to do so).

Hope you find this helpful!

https://youtu.be/VgnB0UK2clo
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2015, 05:26 PM   #2

We recently bought a new Bay Star 3124. We had an issue come up that wasn't explained in our walk through or on your video. My wife plugged her 1500 watt hairdryer in the plug under the bedroom tv and blew a breaker. The TV's didn't work and some other 110v recepticals (alongside passenger cab seat). There were no tripped breakers in the electrical panel or tripped GFI's. After our camping trip and an inquiry to this forum we found that there is a breaker, actually a button, on the inverter that was tripped. Something to remember if you inadvertently exceed 600w on those recepticals. Thanks for your post and best wishes on your new coach.
conlar318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by conlar318 View Post
We recently bought a new Bay Star 3124. We had an issue come up that wasn't explained in our walk through or on your video. My wife plugged her 1500 watt hairdryer in the plug under the bedroom tv and blew a breaker. The TV's didn't work and some other 110v recepticals (alongside passenger cab seat). There were no tripped breakers in the electrical panel or tripped GFI's. After our camping trip and an inquiry to this forum we found that there is a breaker, actually a button, on the inverter that was tripped. Something to remember if you inadvertently exceed 600w on those recepticals. Thanks for your post and best wishes on your new coach.
Where was the button located on the inverter or inside on the controller?
roadtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Great video. I am a "Lindstromian" also. Nothing but praise for Tom and Scotty. Enjoy your Coach. and thanks for the informative walk through. I have relied upon memory and the "owners manual", this is a great refresher.

Safe and Happy Travels
LCDRAKAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #5

@conlar - we had a similar issue where I ran too many appliances at once and tripped the breaker on the genny. Had no idea there was one on the genny, it just became a matter of elimination to find it.

I will say the great thing with Scotty (and Tom) was when we've run into other issues like that, they provide their cell numbers and have always been available to help.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thanks for taking the time to share this. Wonder if our most excellent moderator could add your link to the Bay Star section of the sticky mods page. Would make referring back much quicker.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
Thanks for taking the time to share this. Wonder if our most excellent moderator could add your link to the Bay Star section of the sticky mods page. Would make referring back much quicker.
I concur - this is really useful information, from a very well regarded dealership - thanks Russo's for posting!
PackerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:58 PM   #8

To Roadtraveler, the button is black and on the exterior of the inverter which is also black. When the breaker is tripped the button pops out and is white around the sides. You can't miss it when it trips. Take care
conlar318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes Patti, I have been monitoring the thread and it will be placed in Bay Star section of QT's # 3.
I thank also the Russo's for posting always lookng for items like this makes my job easier.
Some other good video's on 2015 models also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Great video and congrats on your purchase of the 2903. Here's another unusual one. When we picked up our 3401 in March from Albany NY it was still chilly. On our trip back to MD. we stopped overnight at a campground in PA. and the furnace would not work. After going over and over the the Dometic 2 zone thermo.,checking propane ,breakers etc.,turns out it was a small in line blade fuse 2amp. had blown. It is located under the stove/oven access panel. Just another one of those little things to tuck away in your memory banks for later!
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by conlar318 View Post
To Roadtraveler, the button is black and on the exterior of the inverter which is also black. When the breaker is tripped the button pops out and is white around the sides. You can't miss it when it trips. Take care

Thank you!
roadtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:53 PM   #12

Sorry everyone but I've been asked to take the video down. I guess we misunderstood the "permission" we were given to post the video back when we shot it (it was meant more as a joke or simply that we put it up for personal use).

Either way, if anyone has questions about the 2903, please feel free to PM me.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by weretherusso View Post
Sorry everyone but I've been asked to take the video down. I guess we misunderstood the "permission" we were given to post the video back when we shot it (it was meant more as a joke or simply that we put it up for personal use).

Either way, if anyone has questions about the 2903, please feel free to PM me.

I watched the entire video. It was informative. Who ask you to take it down?

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636, Cummins ISB
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
I watched the entire video. It was informative. Who ask you to take it down?

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636, Cummins ISB
2014 JKU Wrangler, SMI AF1, Blue Ox Baseplate and Tow Bar
I got an email from Tom Lindstrom asking me to take it down. The misunderstanding was that he had suggested in jest that we post the video on YouTube, not thinking we would actually do it. Realizing we had, he asked that we take it down because of liability issues.

That said, since everyone did find it informative, we plan to shoot our own walk through video and make it a bit more detailed since we've lived in it now for 4 months and can provide a bit more color to how things work. Hopefully that would be just as, if not more, useful to everyone. So standby and we'll get working on it soon.

Thanks - Joe

Tags
newmar