Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-30-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
Want to install a Pioneer NEX8100 in 2016 Dutchstar need wiring harness part.

I ordered my 2016 dutchstar without a head unit as I want Android Auto. I purchased a Pioneer NEX8100 with gps. I just need to know what wire harness to buy for the Dutchstar. I called the Factory and talked with service, they could not help me. I dont know how hard this could be but I was hoping to install it my self at my factory pick up.

Any advice on the wire harness kit and or any mobile audio repair guys in the Nappanee In area that could meet me at Newmar Corp would be great.

Dunebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2016, 05:42 PM   #2
The power ground and speaker leads will be there but since you are supplying your own head unit your antenna leads will not. Running those to the roof after construction is a challenge. If you have the unit I would see if they will install the antennas during the build. Then your install should be pretty straight forward. Im assuming your coach is in process.

Another thought would be to have Newmar run a wire chase to a predetermined roof location to make it easer to run roof wiring.

Rich & Susan Roberts 2015 Dutch Star 4369..
-Ford Focus Blue Ox Air Force One
srrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:49 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If your doing factory pick up , you may just want to send the box to them in advance and get it installed!
Stefan, Nicole, and Ian
The Pups - Kaiser, Indar, Itsa, and Marty
2015 Newmar DS 4369
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: Tahoe or 2500HD, BrakeBuddy Classic
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #4
Thank you so much. ..I should have posted here first..I wasted a day on this and you have answerEd my question super fast...I will call tomorrow
Dunebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:32 PM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Hopefully the option did not delete the JBL amp and DSP which is the heart of the greatly improved 2016 sound system.
The Newmar wiring typically connects to the pigtail supplied with the radio. You may get bare wires or possibly a Sony WXGT90BT pigtail which you can replace with the one for the Pioneer.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote

install, wiring