Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Warranty Companies

I am at a point that I am buying an Exclusionary Warranty for my coach and have come down to two companies. the first is Route 66 which I have had on 3 previous coaches and have been extremely happy with how they handled and payed for any claims I might have had. The one which has the price advantage is Wholesale Warranty which I have no experience with. I would appreciate hearing from any of you who may have experience with them and what is your opinion. I realize the idea of a warranty is a hot button but with all of the tech and electronics I feel it is worth the cost for me..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2019, 03:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
I am at a point that I am buying an Exclusionary Warranty for my coach and have come down to two companies. the first is Route 66 which I have had on 3 previous coaches and have been extremely happy with how they handled and payed for any claims I might have had. The one which has the price advantage is Wholesale Warranty which I have no experience with. I would appreciate hearing from any of you who may have experience with them and what is your opinion. I realize the idea of a warranty is a hot button but with all of the tech and electronics I feel it is worth the cost for me..
We have a policy with Wholesale Warranties and are very satisfied. We too have the exclusionary policy, the only way to go IMHO. Customer service has been excellent. We have dealt with Cliff and he has been very helpful with any questions we have. We have had 4-5 claims and all were handled professionally. I have had 2 mechanics tell me they didn't deal with warranty companies, but when I told them I was with Wholesale Warranties, the responded, ok thats a good company, no problem. Highly recommend.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would suggest that you look at CoachNet warranty. I have an exclusionary policy on my 2019 dsdp with a $250 deductible 7yr/100k warranty that is transferrable for $4200.00

You can try to buy direct or thru Ron Jarvie insurance.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I would suggest that you look at CoachNet warranty. I have an exclusionary policy on my 2019 dsdp with a $250 deductible 7yr/100k warranty that is transferrable for $4200.00

You can try to buy direct or thru Ron Jarvie insurance.
I also bought my Coach-Net policy through Ron Jarvie.

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:52 PM   #5

After an extensive research I went with NIRVC, not the cheapest but for me was the best coverage. Wholesale Warranty was good but the dumb ass inspector really torqued me off so I did not buy from then.

Zzotte
Old 03-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Just a side note.....Don't forget...you can extend your Freightliner warranty from 3 years to 5 years via Freightliner for about $1600.00.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Just a side note.....Don't forget...you can extend your Freightliner warranty from 3 years to 5 years via Freightliner for about $1600.00.
Don can one do the same with Spartan, do you know?

Zzotte
Old 03-05-2019, 11:00 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"zzotte"....The Spartan chassis already has a five year warranty. The discussion of the Spartan warranty is what got "redbaron73" looking into the Freightliner warranty and finding that you can extend it for about $1600. I think you have to do the extension in the first 18 months of ownership.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:55 AM   #9
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"zzotte"....The Spartan chassis already has a five year warranty. The discussion of the Spartan warranty is what got "redbaron73" looking into the Freightliner warranty and finding that you can extend it for about $1600. I think you have to do the extension in the first 18 months of ownership.
I purchased the 5 year chassis and 7 year axle extended warranty from Freightliner. You can purchase it after 18 months (up to 30 months) but there is an additional charge of 25% or about $400. The warranty does not cover the engine and transmission but Freightliner said my engine is covered by Cummins for 5 years. The warranty is transferable.

Here is the link with the details.

https://www.fcccrv.com/parts-and-ser...tection-plans/
Old 03-06-2019, 05:20 AM   #10

Thanks Don, I didn’t know that, I guess when the coach comes home I have a lot to read

Zzotte
Old 03-06-2019, 12:03 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I purchased a warranty from Wholesale Warranty. We are in our last year and i`m am in the process of getting my power inverter replaced. I called a Mobil repair guy and when he called Wholesale Warranty for approval they wanted to send a Inspector out to verify the bad inverter. Okay no problem. Oh wait they don`t send a inspector to private property so good they just approved it !! Then they tell him that they cap labor rate at $80.00 an hour What the H*LL do they get rates from the 80`s or what?? His rate is $140.00 per hour for warranty company work. But okay he will cut me a break and do $115 an hour. So if you do get a contract verify labor rate they will pay and they won`t pay for shipping of parts. But I am money ahead on the contract.
JP
Mr JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr JP View Post
I purchased a warranty from Wholesale Warranty. We are in our last year and i`m am in the process of getting my power inverter replaced. I called a Mobil repair guy and when he called Wholesale Warranty for approval they wanted to send a Inspector out to verify the bad inverter. Okay no problem. Oh wait they don`t send a inspector to private property so good they just approved it !! Then they tell him that they cap labor rate at $80.00 an hour What the H*LL do they get rates from the 80`s or what?? His rate is $140.00 per hour for warranty company work. But okay he will cut me a break and do $115 an hour. So if you do get a contract verify labor rate they will pay and they won`t pay for shipping of parts. But I am money ahead on the contract.
JP
I talked with them yesterday and was told 6 years, no labor cap, unlimited miles, $75.000 cap total payout, guaranteed renewal, and $100 deductible
Old 03-07-2019, 04:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
I talked with them yesterday and was told 6 years, no labor cap, unlimited miles, $75.000 cap total payout, guaranteed renewal, and $100 deductible
That's the same policy I have with them. Had work done at Nappanee and they covered the total cost. Newmar worked with Wholesale Warranties on all claims and had approval before work was done. I had to pay Newmar and was then reimbursed by WW. The check was waiting for me when we returned to Florida from Nappanee. Satisfactory conclusion. Cummins works the same way.

Tags
warranty