Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2019, 06:46 AM   #1

Warranty question?

If you call Newmar and report a problem while in warranty will they cover it if it is after your warranty expires before you can get in to have it fixed ? Thanks
taratiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2019, 06:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by taratiffin View Post
If you call Newmar and report a problem while in warranty will they cover it if it is after your warranty expires before you can get in to have it fixed ? Thanks
Officially, it's by the repair order date and In Service Date (purchase date) that determines time elapsed.

but if the logistics of Newmar being far and no reasonable closer repair facility that is qualified to do the warranty repair, or Newmar is scheduled busy, then the OEM should be receptive to using the date of awareness as a factor towards coverage.

I would call Newmar and express the concern and get a written statement (email / fax) that they will cover it. From what I have read about Newmar, I don't think they will have issue if the time is so close.

Just don't forget about it and let the time go beyond the agreed time.

Is the issue big or small? Do they contest that it's a warrantable defect?
Old 12-09-2019, 06:55 AM   #3

Quote:

Short answer is that they would honor a warranty claim as long as they had it in writing and submitted prior to the end of the one year period. A few of their vendors have a two year warranty period.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
I hope the purchase by Winney has not changed their warranty processes. We have had small issues in the last year and even went to Nappanee this summer, and everything was good. We had a bath faucet fail over Thanksgiving and reported it 2 days after our 1 year warranty expired and they don't seem as accommodating as a month ago when our step controller failed. Will report back.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #5

On our 18 LA we went back to factory for warranty work 7 months after reported during warranty period. While there they even did a couple small repairs for no charge while taking care of warranty work. If you can get to factory for service work you will be getting the best. For us it's 2100 miles one way but it's always a good trip since we have done it 14 times in our 23 years of Newmar ownership.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:52 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
For us it's 2100 miles one way but it's always a good trip since we have done it 14 times in our 23 years of Newmar ownership.
Newmar Man
Wow, you should run for mayor of Nappanee
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our '02 DSDP had the sidewall checking. At the factory in 2004 (within the 2 yr warranty) they said buffing it out would cure it. Naturally it came back later and they refused warranty coverage. They would replace the siding and repaint but the cost was just too high even with their somewhat special pricing.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:48 AM   #8

I think if you contact them by phone/email prior to the warranty period expiring you would be good. Actually we had two issues that came up after our original factory warranty expired that they stepped up and took care of 100%.

A month out of warranty our summer loop pump failed and they covered it. This year we had flaking on the driver's seat and they replaced both front seats at zero charge to us.

Just spoke with a fellow camper yesterday who has a 2015 40' Ventana. Newmar replaced his furniture this summer due to flaking. They did not charge him anything.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #9

Quote:

I made an appointment with Newmar Service shortly after taking delivery with a few items and knowing I would likely have some issues and we would be in SD that summer. I ended up with a dozen or more issues some of which didn't show up until after we made our appointment and I just added to my list as well as a few I added upon arrival. 1 item required a 6 week or so lead time to obtain the part so it wasn't repaired while in Nappanee. Fast forward to near the end of our 1 year warranty and we had several additional issues and had these as well as the one requiring 6 week to obtain the part performed by Guarantee RV in Junction City approx 3 months after the warranty period. I just made sure Newmar was aware of the issues via email prior to the end of the warranty. Guarantee did a great job as well as fixing a couple small issues I had not previously reported to Newmar.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty