Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
mre

Wash Machine Activates When Plugging Coach to CC Electric

After driving our coach and connecting to the campground electric, our wash machine dash lights up and it sets itself up to wash for 54 minutes. It will not run but would if the START bottom is pressed.

After nearly three months out on this trip, I found out about it only today. DW never said anything and just turns the machine off. So I decided to investigate further. I decided to unplugged the washer for about a minute then plugged in back it to see what happens. The dash light com on and after about 15 minutes, the washer lights go out.

I checked the owners manual and found nothing (unless I missed something). Anyone else have this problem?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #2

Whirlpool?

If yours starts, you're one up on me! Mine doesn't start. Had Whirlpool out to fix it. On this weekends camping trip, I'll try it again.

These Whirlpool washers seem to be troublesome.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:49 PM   #3

Washer

I have the new model of washer and it does the same. After 15 to 20 minutes it will turn itself off.
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:13 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Do you have a trouble section in owners guide that tells how to reset the washer if you have a problem.
It seems it may have a sensor to see it is always plugged into power when in a home.
With power being connected and disconnect in RV you would not need it although at least it not starting just resetting when it gets power supplied to it.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:22 PM   #5

This is Quite normal for many electronic appliances. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2018, 04:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinergi View Post

i believe this is correct...the machine turns back on, when power is restored, and it remembers the last setting that it was on....it's like what happens when the power goes out in the S&B, and then is restored.....the DW does the same in my coach...back on and to the last cycle used, and then de-powers itself after a bit....

a way to test this theory is to set the machine for a different wash...something other than the 54 min cycle you perhaps most often use...then disconnect shore power, and re-connect...see what cycle shows up.....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:45 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinergi View Post

I agree, just the nature of electronics. The washing machine in my house does the same thing (as does the dishwasher) following a power outage or if I just unplug it and plug it back in, which we usually do if going away for extended periods of time.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:09 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by We_B_Tripn View Post
I agree, just the nature of electronics. The washing machine in my house does the same thing (as does the dishwasher) following a power outage or if I just unplug it and plug it back in, which we usually do if going away for extended periods of time.
I have a Samsung DVD player that powers up AND turns the TV on after a power outage. I didn’t realize the problem was so widespread. Seems like sloppy engineering by the manufacturers.
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric