Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by soricobob View Post
I find that washing is the easy part, but drying is a challenge. I don't use soap of any kind, nor brushes, but have to hustle with the towels when drying. Microfiber for the final dry!
I don't know what towels u use but my microfiber towels just seem to spread the water around. I do not use softener when I wash them.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
We don't receive our motor coach until Aug., but was wondering do other campers get upset with the sound of a pressure washer, when your washing the rv? We live in PA but will be traveling to FL for the winter and would like to wash it when we get there. I don't know campground manners, just have my common sense. I don't want to upset anyone.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soricobob
I find that washing is the easy part, but drying is a challenge. I don't use soap of any kind, nor brushes, but have to hustle with the towels when drying. Microfiber for the final dry!
Try using a water blade mounted on a pole. Makes drying much easier than towels and a ladder. You can also try using a leaf blower--- how I dry my motorcycle.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway2013
We don't receive our motor coach until Aug., but was wondering do other campers get upset with the sound of a pressure washer, when your washing the rv? We live in PA but will be traveling to FL for the winter and would like to wash it when we get there. I don't know campground manners, just have my common sense. I don't want to upset anyone.
Why use a power washer? I would be concerned about the possibility of water pressure damage on you new coach. I just washed and dried my Motorhome today in about an hour using a lambs wool mop on pole and a water blade to squeegee the water off.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercerc44 View Post
I would 2nd the Blue Beacon solution.
Yep. I know many that use BB.
Didnt know that some MHs had such tender finishes. I figure my FBP is as good as on any car.

[Edit]
Oops! Just noticed this is the Newmar forum. My bad. Hope I didnt bust any thin shins. I will back off.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Oops! Just noticed this is the Newmar forum. My bad. Hope I didnt bust any thin shins. I will back off.
I can vouch that BlueBeacon will NOT damage a Newmar finish......used them many times. Fairly good job and reasonable pricing.
DandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandS View Post

I can vouch that BlueBeacon will NOT damage a Newmar finish......used them many times. Fairly good job and reasonable pricing.
Thanks for that.

On the other hand, I'm on the road F/T. Washing too often is silly, as it just comes back after one shower on the road.
Mine has not been washed in 8 months. It has a nice protective layer of patina.

Gotta go. Ribs are almost done!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4173168624.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	593.0 KB
ID:	40944
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Thanks for that.

On the other hand, I'm on the road F/T. Washing too often is silly, as it just comes back after one shower on the road.
Mine has not been washed in 8 months. It has a nice protective layer of patina.

Gotta go. Ribs are almost done!

Attachment 40944
Amen brother. After one year FT, found that most RV parks do not allow vehicle washing. One road trip on a rainy day and all is lost. I am also an old Corvette restorer and overall clean nut...but trying to keep a motorhome cleaned and waxed is about the silliest thing I can think of. They are meant to be driven and taken down dirt roads and into campgrounds and enjoyed. I moved out of my S&B because I was tired of all the maintenance. I wear the dirt on my coach as a badge of honor. When I can find good city water, not mineralized well water, I will wash with a brush and biodegradable soap/wax. Too much work to wipe dry or wax. I am sure the next caretaker will never pay me for any more effort. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
While I was in Vegas I called a few places and found a guy that uses lambs wool mits and RO water. Cost $100 for the wash which was more than I would like, but it was done right.

I don't like letting the road dirt accumulate, but that is my personal preference. I have seen too many fingers trying to Write in the dirt (I have 4 kids!)

I am looking at the ro systems but they appear to need A lot of pressure to operate. That would be the ideal solution, and a wise investment.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #24

washing

We use microfiber mits on our washing poles. But the best thing we have found is the Hydrotek US electric power washer, it's a low pressure washer but it boosts the tap supply enough to reach the roof easily. It as two de-ionizing filters and cleans the water for a spot free no dry rinse. it's light enough to carry in the coach and gets lot's of use at home too. it's quiet as the motor only runs when the trigger is squeezed ( no, I'm not a dealer of these) it has made our washing much easier. kinda spendy at $900