Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #1

Water holding tank

Dsdp 2005 model 4023. Does anyone know if this unit has a overflow on the holding tank (fresh water)? I have been timing it and watching the gauge, but I have never seen evidence of water over flowing under the coach. Thanks in advance. Roger
Rog1965char is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #2

I'm sure that all Newmars have an overflow. Check on the passenger side just ahead of the rear wheels. You should see a collapsed tube hanging down about 4-6 in.

Al Sawyer
'05 Mt Aire
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #3

My 99, has a catch tray with drain under all the tanks , drain goes through the coach floor and is on the opposite side from the water bay.
And , yes , the fresh tank takes forever to fill, 100 gal @ 2GPM = 50mins , in my case.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
Just keep filling it and you will see where the over flow is because I am sure you have one.
millerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:50 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Rog1965char,
There is an overflow tube that will drain to the passenger side of the coach. Exactly where can change quite often. If you want to find the drain, just over fill the tank. No harm will be done.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #6

Water holding tank

I thought that was the case, when I hook back up to city water (Friday) I will let it run and see what and where happens. Thanks everyone for the info. Roger
Rog1965char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you see a rubber flap that looks like a duck bill, hanging below floor level under chassis, that's your over flow tube.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #8

Water tank overflow & slow filling

Having had 3 Newmar coaches-one DSDP & two MADP's I can assure you that you have a fresh water overflow on your tank- they are on the door side just in front of the rear dual wheels- it hangs down ~ 3" & looks like a 1 1/4" collapsed hose or 'duck bill'. As to the 50 minute fill time-2 things to look at- check & or replace your whole house water filter- these are notoriously neglected & will really reduce your GPM fill rate when saturated. Also if you're using a pressure regulator on your fill line - take it off after you check your incoming water pressure to ensure it's 65 psi or <. These regulators typically have a 5/16"- 3/8" diameter opening & greatly restrict the water flow rate (GPM). There are good ones out there with 9/16" diameter openings. On my new 2014 MADP they have a very convenient auto fill valve setting that will shut off the city water flow when the tank is full. No more standing around waiting for it to fill or getting distracted & letting it run over for 20-30 minutes & flooding your campsite!
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water