Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to OldHiker Send a message via Yahoo to OldHiker
Water leak in water compartment

I recently noticed a leak in a black valve on the right rear of the water compartment. Seems that it has a fine spray of water when I turn the water selection to Auto Fill/Auto City (straight up). It is black with 2 water hoses connected to it. I tightened the 4 vertical screws that seem to hold the assembly together without any luck.

What is this valve? How can it be fixed? If it cannot be fixed, where can it be purchased?
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Do you have a setup similar to this picture.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to OldHiker Send a message via Yahoo to OldHiker
Just below and to the right of the text "Gray water holding tank"
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2346.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	436
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Its only a guess but it could be for flushing out your two black holding tanks, the valve selects which one you need to clean. On mine can't select both lines to 2 black tanks, they are flush at the same time.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:10 AM   #5

It is the auto water fill solenoid. That part is prone to failure if the switch is left on the auto water fill option and you stay hooked up to city water.

Newmar changed to a new ASCO automatic water solenoid at some point. The Newmar part is 98606 and is available from Dealers at $170. The ASCO part number is 8210G009MB-12DC. You can get the part from ASCO distributors for $127. The new part requires some minor plumbing changes from 3/4 inch in/out threads to match the flex hoses sizes that are in your RV.
You can get them for a few dollars at Lowes. You can use high pressure hose clamps to make the flex hose connections. The ASCO part has rebuild kits available if you need it in the future.

ASCO Valve Distributor Locator:
http://www.ascovalve.com/Application...?ZipCode=34787

You can order the old part by going direct to Spraying Systems Co but they will charge you $218. I would not suggest this since the part is obviously not very robust and no rebuild kit was available when I called.