RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2016, 03:37 PM   #1

Water leaking - suspect is is the refrigatror drain

Have a 2013 Ventana 4018. Taking it out of winterizing and there is water running from a drain right next to the low water drain. I am pretty sure it must be a fridge drain (residential with ice maker) but cannot for the life of me find the shutoff.

I had someone winterize it for me. I can swear I have seen the darn thing, but cannot find it.

Is that what is leaking? I hooked up to city water. The low point drain is closed. This is right under the fridge.

Help - Thanks

X-OEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
It's not uncommon for the ice maker supply line to split if it wasn't winterized properly. I'd check that possibility. If you don't have access to the refrigerator back from outside, it might have to be moved to check and repair. Have you looked in cabinets under the sink for the supply line shut off to the ice maker?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup, usually a ice maker line leaking and usually shutoff somehow accessible. Outside access panel, adjacent cabinet, removable panel at bottom of refrigerator.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #4

On my 2012 Dutch Star the water feed for the refrigerator is under the sink, there is a very small "L" shaped valve in the cold water line. Look for a little chrome lever that turns 90* on top of an elbow.

One other possibility that I ran into - if it's a Maytag, the defrost drain line gets plugged and when it warms up all the ice that built up in the bottom of the freezer melts out onto the floor.

Good luck!
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:40 PM   #5

On our 2014 Ventana 4037( 4018) the cut off is located in the bay directly below the fridge. Open the door and look up at the fame rail, that is were ours is located. Hope this helps.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:30 PM   #6

If the water is dripping out of one of the pipes under the motorhome I don't think it can be the fridge drain pan. The drain pan is not plumbed outside and if it is your water line to the icemaker leaking it would not be coming out of a pipe. I have had my fridge out and no sign of any floor drain.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:15 AM   #7

Thanks all - am heading back to the coach in a while and will look as advised. Will post an update later today
Old 02-09-2016, 08:49 AM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Check that the valve for the fresh water tank drain is fully closed!
The valve is usually on the left of the water/sewer service bay,but down far inside, reach deep in!
Siggy
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:05 AM   #9

Thanks, that was my first thought, but it is closed. The advice about the drain for the water in the fridge is most likely right on. Will go find the shutoff for that.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:08 AM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
Or is it the fresh water tank overflow? Is the fresh water tank showing full?
On my rig, GE residential fridge,there is NO fridge drain on the outside!
Siggy
Old 02-09-2016, 09:16 AM   #11

Fresh tank not full. I think it is the drain for winterizing the fridge. There has to be one, I was pretty sure I saw it at one time but in all the mud with the slide out I could not find it. Will post an update later today - Thanks!!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:03 PM   #12

OK - An update for those interested (Been a lurker here forever and new member with the recent purchase of a coach, but so often noticed someone threw out a problem and never came back to disclose the solution - so I will do just that)

Boy, do I feel sheepish :-( The cold water drain valve was open just the slightest amount allowing water to run out. I am so new at this I didn't realize that the cold water drain and the low point drain would exit the coach in different places. Aarrggghhh..... I tried it maybe a hundred times, but that last one degree of turn completely closed the valve and the leak stopped.

So all is well....except....you know with a newbie there would be an "except" !!!

I cannot get water to flow through the fridge and also to the ice maker (Maytag - residential) Am I back to that valve David D mentioned that I always thought was there? I looked everywhere and cannot find any such valve. Anyone have any ideas? A picture maybe? BTW - I changed the filter inside the fridge and it is hooked up correctly I think

Sure wish the owners manuals were more help :-(
Old 02-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
Take a look in the basement, about under fridge, there is a coupling of the waterline and then about a foot more away toward the supply there is a shut-off valve to turn off the water supply.
That's the way it is on my rig.
Good hunting!
Siggy
Old 02-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Glad you found the leak. Who installed the residential refrigerator? Usually the ice maker is tapped from a nearby cold water line. I'd really search any cold water lines you can see, in sink cabinets, closets, etc.

A residential refrigerator generally has a drain that ends up in pan that the fan blows across to evaporate the water. I've never seen one with a drain that has to be plumbed outside or to a sewer line.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak