Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
HI, Yes it does but it is only about a foot long and would not ruin the entire hose.
Camping World has one that would attach directly to the bib which I can do also as it has all the bib fittings. BTW I purchased all the fittings and gauge at Lowes.
As far as hooking up like previously mentioned it takes no longer than to hookup hose to bib. I also hookup a whole house filter after the regulator which is mounted in a box and sits on the ground. I know a lot of motorhomes have them built in but this one didn't come with one but it is no big deal.

Lastly I believe that a regulator and whole house filter is very important along with cleaning bib connections and water shutoff valve. Also believe that using disposal gloves is extremely important when handling the sewer hose and connections.

Enjoy!!!!
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #16

Parda03,

I'm not familiar with the Winnebago coaches. On our Fleetwood the pressure was located in the water compartment, close to the full house water filter. You might look there on your coach and see if it is there.

Jim

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Good job Don!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #18
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If my wife sees this it will be another job I'll have to do.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #19

Thanks Don, I saw your post on this awhile back and liked that idea. So I installed one last week with a faucet upgrade. I did not do the water line to the flush out valve but may do that in the future. Expensive valve but I like it better than the Valterra one. Now I'm waiting for the See Level kit to get here to install that in this compartment and the 1/2 bath. They been on backorder everywhere but should get it this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_1RM8942.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	152548   Click image for larger version

Name:	_1RM8953.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	152549  

Click image for larger version

Name:	_1RM8957.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	152550  
Old 02-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchopper View Post
Tom-NC
Doesn't that leave the "short piece of hose", (between the bib and the regulator), unprotected from high campground water pressure?

I replaced all of my hoses with ones rated at 200 lbs after finding some very high pressures in a few parks. One park in Canada has signs on the utilities that said pressures as high as 165 lbs.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:46 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hey Ralph, Am I seeing the open end of the fresh water hose by the sewer hose ugh.

I like to keep sewer stuff away from fresh water stuff. In fact I installed a 8 foot PVC pipe under coach for sewer hose to keep away from fresh water stuff and only leave that in compartment.

Just a thought.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looks good, and that's a nice regulator. One concern though.

One campground I visist the water pressure has been measured in teh 120PSI range.. in fact two of 'em.. that much pressure will blow your fresh water hose ends off in many cases... That's why my regulator goes at the PARK end of the hose.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
Hey Ralph, Am I seeing the open end of the fresh water hose by the sewer hose ugh.

I like to keep sewer stuff away from fresh water stuff. In fact I installed a 8 foot PVC pipe under coach for sewer hose to keep away from fresh water stuff and only leave that in compartment.

Just a thought.
No the fresh water is capped off and the sanicon system is also capped off. We don't use the city water for drinking at all, we carry bottled water. I was still working in the bay at the time of the photo so that's why it looks unorganized.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

One campground I visist the water pressure has been measured in teh 120PSI range.. in fact two of 'em.. that much pressure will blow your fresh water hose ends off in many cases... That's why my regulator goes at the PARK end of the hose.
Most hoses are good for 150 PSI, unless they are old of course but for that reason I carry one of those inline restrictor type. I might use it one in twenty Parks.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:34 PM   #25

This is good stuff and helping me build my list of parts. My fresh hose is 150 rated. Just bought an adjustable regulator. Guess I need an inline one in case of high pressure. Also a testing gauge.
Some newbie questions:
Would you want to rinse the black tank with unregulated water? Would it do a better job?
My coach didn't come with a whole house filter. Does the output side of this filter go to both the tank and the city water input?
Would you also want a "Y" that will allow you to go from the filter to a softener and then back to the city input? How about from the tank to the softener back to the pump or city water input?
Sorry for the newbie questions.
Anyone have a diagram of their special plumbing they can share?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

Why? It shouldn't if you have a hose rated at 150 psi or more as is being discussed here.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:31 PM   #27

Nice install....clean job

Check valve on city water connection is to prevent water from flowing out when using pump.
Same as pump internal check valve ---to prevent backflow thru pump when using city water

As for 'cross contamination' concerns from black tank flush system

Check under a bathroom cabinet or even in a closet.
S/B an 'anti-siphon backflow vacuum breaker'-----required by RIVA
It is a 'check valve' device that is also open to atmosphere.
When using flush water supply pressure moves disc up closing off atmosphere opening and allowing flow to flush nozzle. THen when water supply is secured disc drops down closing off inlet piping and opening black tank piping to atmosphere breaking any vacuum/siphoning action

Personally........I simplified all that 'city water' issues

After a MAJOR leak while sleeping and with city water connected ($0.50 fitting broke------WATTS Reg in service 50#) I use fresh water tank and pump ONLY
If pump runs I hear it and KNOW there is an issue. PLUS it is so much easier to just turn pump switch OFF when NOT inside RV

Forget all that city water connections and hoses/regulators etc.
Just saying....
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:50 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have been cussing and discussing black tank rinse circuits here. One question I have especially after seeing the diagrams above. I guess I assumed that the rinse sprayer would be mounted in the top of the black tank, not in the side. Am I thinking wrong? I've never traced mine down to see how its mounted. Are they really in the side of the tank? Seems like that would just invite backflow and leakage.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, water