Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2018, 02:11 PM   #1

Water still dripping on front tires from under fenders

Several months ago I wrote about this problem asking if any one else had rain water dripping from under the front fenders down onto the tires, or vinyl wheel covers in my case. We haven't had any rain for 2-3 months and had just about forgot about it until the light showers we've had Friday and last night.

Several posters asked for pictures but at that time I had no way to do this. Now I can take pictures but no cables to transfer the pictures to my laptop and onto the Forum.

If someone would care to PM me with their phone number I think I can send a picture or two by text, but have only done that a couple of times.

I'd still like to know where the rain water is coming in from and how it's getting into that 1 1/2" x 3" metal brace that runs from fender to fender, undoubtedly part of the floor bracing.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2018, 02:22 PM   #2

Air conditioning
zrobotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Are you taking pictures with your phone? If so, forward them to your laptop via email to yourself.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrobotman View Post
Air conditioning
Not at 26-34 degrees outside. And only happens after a rain. Also the coach is winterized so no water leaking from inside the coach, as Newmar tried to tell me it could be.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:55 PM   #5
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
What model coach do you have?

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Are you taking pictures with your phone? If so, forward them to your laptop via email to yourself.
Never thought about that. Didn't even have my e-mail account set up on the phone. Just did it and had a couple dozen e-mails to delete all at once. Need to try sending the pictures then close the phone e-mail.

If I delete e-mail on the phone does it also delete what was on the computer?
Old 02-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I assume you coach is a 2015 Dutch Star, that's what's in your profile.
Here's a thread that may help, looks like there is a drain system that will drain the roof to the wheel well areas instead of downspouts on the outside corners of the coach like the Canyon Star, etc.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:38 PM   #8

Downspout drains empty out just behind the front bumper not behind the fenders like my problem is. I've made sure they were clear since when they overrun the water runs down the side of the coach.

Now, I finally managed to get the pictures of this situation from my camera to my e-mail on the laptop.
What's the next step to get from my e-mail to IRV2 Forum and my thread? I had to do it in several e-mails instead of doing all 3 pictures in one step. I'm sure there was a better way but I'm gradually learning this Smart Phone piece at a time. And what a journey.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:51 PM   #9

Find a 9 year old, they will have your photos all over facebook and the video will go viral!! Not to make light of your situation, I too am smartphone dumb, with no 9 year old in sight.

Ruled out heat pump, too cold, right? Dew from the night air? A lot of moisture condenses on the roof of our RV.

May sound nuts, but could it be water leaking from your windshield washer tank? Found mine leaking when I saw a water spot on the driveway. JUst a thought.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:01 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hahahaha, I am still learning the smart phone too! Right click on the pic in your email, and click the box (save to this device) or the like? Think that will do it!
Then when you want to add a pic on iVR2, click on the (paper clip) icon above, and the browse box, chose and click on the pic, click the open box, then click the upload box, when it is uploaded, close that window, click the (paper clip) again, and click the attachment box! That should do it, there are different ways too, but that is the way I do it! Rail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail Pic of Mona at the 1st M&G!.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	193581
Old 02-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
Find a 9 year old, they will have your photos all over facebook and the video will go viral!! Not to make light of your situation, I too am smartphone dumb, with no 9 year old in sight.

Ruled out heat pump, too cold, right? Dew from the night air? A lot of moisture condenses on the roof of our RV.

May sound nuts, but could it be water leaking from your windshield washer tank? Found mine leaking when I saw a water spot on the driveway. JUst a thought.
The coach has set completely dry since last December or so as we were dry as a popcorn fart until Thursday. Rained Friday and early this morning (Saturday) getting a total of about 1.1 inches of rain. Friday was when i started seeing the water dripping down from under the front fenders.
This seems to be the routine, no rain no drips from under the fenders.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #12
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Since it is apparently a rain-related issue, you have a leak somewhere. Around the windshield, perhaps? Side windows?

When it gets dry again, take a hose and start running water slowly over suspect spots. That's about the only way I know of to find such leaks. I would certainly make the effort to track down the source of the water before it creates some serious rust issues.

Good luck.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Since it is apparently a rain-related issue, you have a leak somewhere. Around the windshield, perhaps? Side windows?

When it gets dry again, take a hose and start running water slowly over suspect spots. That's about the only way I know of to find such leaks. I would certainly make the effort to track down the source of the water before it creates some serious rust issues.

Good luck.

TJ
I tried that last year when I first noticed the problem.. The only trouble doing that is it seems to take a while for the leak to show up so how long to run water at each spot while waiting for the leak to appear before moving to the next spot. Many many spots to run water and wait.
Most leaks will show in just a few seconds when the right place is squirted with the hose, but not this one.
If i would rain in the middle of the day maybe I could run out in my rain coat and stand there to see how long it does take for the leak to appear.

Newmar says it has to be an internal water leak, like for the sinks or maybe the ice maker, but no response when told it only occurs after a rain. And there's been no internal water since winterizing last December.

Appreciate all the ideas. Just hoping someone with a Dutch Star, particularly a late model one, will have had the same issue and solved it.

Still trying to get my pictures to the Forum.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Hahahaha, I am still learning the smart phone too! Right click on the pic in your email, and click the box (save to this device) or the like? Think that will do it!
Then when you want to add a pic on iVR2, click on the (paper clip) icon above, and the browse box, chose and click on the pic, click the open box, then click the upload box, when it is uploaded, close that window, click the (paper clip) again, and click the attachment box! That should do it, there are different ways too, but that is the way I do it! Rail!

Attachment 193581
Tried that, didn't work. When I right clicked on the picture all I got was a box showing" Copy, Edit in Picasa, Print, E-mail, Blog, Quick Upload, Locate on Disk".
Seems I never have what I should be seeing. Really frustrating. Still looking for a 9 year old in the neighborhood.

Tags
tires, water