Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #29

Here are the pictures

I finally got a chance to pull the peg board. Here is the picture.

Do you think I should get some new tube and create a longer loop or put a small hole in it and see how it goes.

I am leaning towards a bigger loop and a hole, since I don't want to take it apart again.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

G
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	File Dec 08, 5 22 16 PM.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	185166  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Yes.
(Loop and hole)
Old 12-08-2017, 06:21 PM   #31

A 2nd on the loop and hole.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
A 2nd on the loop and hole.
Copy. Now the fun begins to find a 1 3/8 flexible tube. No luck at Home Depot... seems like it is an RV specific size. I can get Newmar to send, but I rather fix it tomorrow and get it all back together...

G
Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Water Tank Losing Water While Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeaz View Post
Copy. Now the fun begins to find a 1 3/8 flexible tube. No luck at Home Depot... seems like it is an RV specific size. I can get Newmar to send, but I rather fix it tomorrow and get it all back together...

G

George, can you just add an extension onto the existing hose by inserting another piece of smaller diameter tubing into the end of the existing tube and securing it with a band clamp or by using a connector (they make plastic ones that are usually in plumbing or landscape piping area). Or larger diameter over the outside of the end?
Old 12-09-2017, 07:29 AM   #34

Amazon
Smooth-Bor 101 Flex-Fill 1-3/8" x 10' Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A32ONY..._Am.kAbG7P0WQH
Old 12-09-2017, 07:33 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Amazon
Smooth-Bor 101 Flex-Fill 1-3/8" x 10' Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A32ONY..._Am.kAbG7P0WQH
Thats exactly what I am looking for. I found it yesterday, but it didn't have overnight shipping. See how patient I am??

Anyway - I am going to hit the local RV supply store today in Mesa, AZ. I will see what they have. My OCD hates leaving the coach in parts for too long.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #36

If the loop is high enough then no water can get over the top, so I am not sure I would drill a hole on the top of the hose. I would go as high a possible.

I would also raise the air admittance valve so no water would be splashing and possibly leaking out the valve.

Unless the overflow line actually goes into water tank I do not see how it siphons once the water is below the top of he tank.

https://www.wired.com/2015/09/siphon-liquids/
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
If the loop is high enough then no water can get over the top, so I am not sure I would drill a hole on the top of the hose. I would go as high a possible.

I would also raise the air admittance valve so no water would be splashing and possibly leaking out the valve.

Unless the overflow line actually goes into water tank I do not see how it siphons once the water is below the top of he tank.

https://www.wired.com/2015/09/siphon-liquids/
Ok- will be working on it today. I did find the hose.

The question I have now is:

1 - If you have a tall loop as discussed before, if you overflow the tank will that generate enough pressure to go up and over the loop and out. I assume yes, but was wondering if it would first escape through the air admittance valve.

Thanks!!

G
Old 12-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #38

Normally air admittance valves are to let air into the system due to negative pressures, like when emptying the tank. I assume the duck bill on the end will stop air from coming back in so air needs to let in. Not sure if the tank fills if water will come out. Simple test is to fill the tank up once you get the new high hose installed.

People with more experience in the actual setup.

Great topic as mentioned early. Maybe Newmar will installed the perfect low cost solution.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:53 PM   #39

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Not a new problem with Newmar. Had to do it with the 2000 and 2002 DSDP's.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #40

Know problems that have been around for 15 years is not a great legacy. Seems like a simple solution and a low cost one at that.

If I do a factory pickup this will be one of the fixes that will be completed before I leave. If enough people have service do it then maybe production will get the hint.

The solution is not to travel with water!

Georgeaz,

Let us know how yours works out and any tests you may do before the peg board goes back on.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Know problems that have been around for 15 years is not a great legacy. Seems like a simple solution and a low cost one at that.

If I do a factory pickup this will be one of the fixes that will be completed before I leave. If enough people have service do it then maybe production will get the hint.

The solution is not to travel with water!

Georgeaz,

Let us know how yours works out and any tests you may do before the peg board goes back on.
I would make sure it is fixed as well. I did a factory pickup and didn't realize this would be an issue. Then the coach was back in Nappanee and I told them to fix under warranty - and it still isn't fixed right. Yes - they should just fix this the right way. Silly that something as simple as this has not been dealt with.

I will test out with the peg board out and let everyone know how it goes.

G
Old 12-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #42

Extended my air admittance valve too as it was clear it was weeping too. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	557.2 KB
ID:	185333

Tags
tank, water