Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2014, 07:09 AM   #29

We had a boat that the black tank sensors never worked. It was a royal pain! Is this a common issue with the DS?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2014, 07:34 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srrobe View Post
We had a boat that the black tank sensors never worked. It was a royal pain! Is this a common issue with the DS?
Sensors are mounted on the outside of the tank so they should be problem free.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #31
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I was also at Hershey this past weekend. I was impressed with the Dutch Stars. Some very nice interior changes. I was disappointed the Newmar did not have either the Essex or the King Air there. Oh well!!

Congrats on your purchase and Happy Trails!!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #32

The dishwasher was a must have for us. Our coach is our work house, last thing my wife wants to do after working all day is dishes. She cooks and I do the dishes.

This summer has been the exception. This past Labor Day we used the coach for a camping trip. The first night we found a mouse had gotten into several drawers that are kept full of dishes, dish towels etc. Instead of ruining the first night having to clean everything by hand, we loaded the dishwasher and the washing machine. We got to sit outside with family playing games while the mess was cleaned up.

We didn't get the kitchen window and now we wish we had. While it can't be used for much, the counter is deep and dark. You have to turn the light on for everything. Plus when our televator is up we don't have a window on that side of the coach without going into the mid bath.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:59 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2013 View Post
Andy I know it's a small item but what the cost of adding a 12v wire for the gauge?
Jimbo,

When Newmar provides pricing for your specials to your dealer, it comes as a lump sum total and not broken down into individual costs per line item. Based on my total, and reading between the lines, I bet it's somewhere in the range of $100 to $150 to run a 12 volt circuit.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We ordered the Advantium in our present (2002) DSDP and will do it again.
Also have the kitchen window and will order that as well.
Wouldn't bother with the dishwasher, like the storage space.
What ever the tank sensor units were that they used in 2002 are GOOD, never a moments trouble in 13 years now.
Don't like the lack of ventilation with the new frameless windows, hope they will allow us to order the old sliding style.
Have had the storage bay freezer in both DSDP's and will get it again.
DW wants the 4375.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #35

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I was also at Hershey this past weekend. I was impressed with the Dutch Stars. Some very nice interior changes. I was disappointed the Newmar did not have either the Essex or the King Air there. Oh well!!

Congrats on your purchase and Happy Trails!!!!
Glad they had them at the Redmond FMCA rally. Frankly they're too "glitzy" for our tastes.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #36

Do you have any plans to store the coach in the winter where it might freeze. If so, you might want the heated pads rather than having to run your heater. Small cost compared to the overall price.
How exciting for you. I really like the Newmar line, I'm sure you're going to have a fun time enjoying your new coach.

Try and live up to your dogs opinion of you.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:47 PM   #37

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You will be glad you ordered the two sliding trays for your basement thru bays .
I have one, and wish I had the second.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
Jimbo,

When Newmar provides pricing for your specials to your dealer, it comes as a lump sum total and not broken down into individual costs per line item. Based on my total, and reading between the lines, I bet it's somewhere in the range of $100 to $150 to run a 12 volt circuit.
Well I saw one of those specials sheets they are broken down, most dealers secret the info, not sure why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winepress View Post
Do you have any plans to store the coach in the winter where it might freeze. If so, you might want the heated pads rather than having to run your heater.
If storing for winter I would opt to drain all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Glad they had them at the Redmond FMCA rally. Frankly they're too "glitzy" for our tastes.
Funny we thought the DS was to glitzy over the Ventana, other than engine didn't see the value in cost differential
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #39

Quote:
Do you have any plans to store the coach in the winter where it might freeze. If so, you might want the heated pads rather than having to run your heater. Small cost compared to the overall price.
How exciting for you. I really like the Newmar line, I'm sure you're going to have a fun time enjoying your new coach.

Actually the first winter of ownership will have the coach in my building here in Michigan and will be winterized. After that we will be someplace warmer with no snow. With the lead time we have there is plenty of time for changes and I'm sure some 2nd guessing! We're heading back to Newmar next month to work out some of the final details.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #40

Quote:

Actually the first winter of ownership will have the coach in my building here in Michigan and will be winterized. After that we will be someplace warmer with no snow. With the lead time we have there is plenty of time for changes and I'm sure some 2nd guessing! We're heading back to Newmar next month to work out some of the final details.

Another option we wonder about is the individual window awnings. Please jump in on this one as well!

......and as always, thanks for the help!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
With two windows in near proximity you order pay for two, but ask them to install one -----two arms instead of four.

I did one on the pass side under the main awning, don't always want the full awning if leaving the site in possible bad weather.
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Our coach came with the dishwasher and we wish it hadn't. Never use it and would rather have the storage. There are two of us. How hard is it to wash a pot and two dishes? And it save water when dry camping.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote