Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Weird shower problem

A new problem has arisen in our 2017 DSDP 4369: the flow of cold water to the shower is almost non-existent. Hot flows just fine, but the more cold you add, the more the flow diminishes. Straight cold is very little flow. Both the rain head and hand held sprayer do this. All other faucets, including both bathroom sinks, work normally. Before I take the temp Controlling faucet apart I thought I’d ask for some of your wisdom here! Thanks!
TravlinMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2019, 04:45 AM   #2

Look for troubleshooting for the faucet you have, try Newgle if not apparent
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:33 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The mixing valve is most likely shot. Taking it apart may not be possible depending on the brand installed.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:39 AM   #4

Start at the faucet and work back

My bet would be a blockage in the cold water side of the faucet itself. Possibly some junk got in the line and made it to the cold water side. There’s a couple ways to go. If you have ever taken a faucet apart, that would be the next step. again looking for a blockage on the cold side. My bet would be that you will find a problem in the faucet, cause if it isn’t in the faucet, then we have to look at water lines foe a pinch or an obstruction. Good luck!
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:37 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
It feels like something is in the cold water line. I’d hoped if I take the mixing valve out I’d see something blocking the line... but it is much more likely the valve itself is failing, as you’ve suggested. Newgle just tells me what brand faucet it have. Will investigate that, and call Newmar. Am going there for tour next week anyway...
Old 10-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I just went thru this same issue two months ago. On the shower mixing valve there are water shutoff/back flow valves on the hot and cold water inlets that get fouled by the hard water that need to be removed and cleaned. To do so you first need to shut off the water and release any built up pressure. Now remove the square diverter knob and the shower temperature lever by loosing the set screws and pulling them off. Next unscrew the round retaining ring from under the shower lever. Carefully use a utility knife to cut the silicon sealer from around the square cover and remove the cover. You will now have access to the mixing valve. You will see on the hot and cold water inlets that there is screw in the center of a nut. These are the shut off and back flow valves. Loosen the nuts and unscrew the assembly's to clean them. Be careful not to drop them behind the wall. I soaked them in vinegar to dissolve the calcium buildup and then reinstalled them. Once you have the valves installed turn the water on and test the operation. You can adjust the water flow by turning the screws out. Now you can reinstall all the chrome. The picture is for reference of the valves.

Aweese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Awesome info! That sounds like my answer! I will try the disassembly soon when I have a free day. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Tags
problem, shower