Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2015, 08:41 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wet Bay Brass Fitting on Hose

Also in the wet bay. My question is, is the brass fitting on the hose on the right compartment wall a pressure reducer? If so, is this the cause of reduced flow. I use a gaged fitting at the water source and do not need an additional reduction.
LongRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCosio View Post
My wet bay looks identical to yours and I JUST bought the one that MrCosio linked. I get it tomorrow, I will let you know how it fits.

Funny thing that I needed one after just one month. Here's a lesson learned.

Me being an engineer, I over think the simplest things. I thought it would be best to put a cheap filter that took the chlorine out inline before my whole house filter. So I bought a cheap blue Camco inline filter. Last week, I could not fill my fresh water tank, After Newmar Customer Support convinced me that I had a faulty Fill ball valve, I was setting up an appt with North Trail to get it replaced and Brett Howard, the GM at the Fort Lauderdale site, asked me to take out the filter cartridge and see if that would fill the tank, It did!

Apparently the blue carbon filter took out the chlorine TOO well and red algae clogged up the filter totally.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
Also in the wet bay. My question is, is the brass fitting on the hose on the right compartment wall a pressure reducer? If so, is this the cause of reduced flow. I use a gaged fitting at the water source and do not need an additional reduction.
Looking through large PDF of pex fittings it is listed as one-way valve or check valve. I do not need a pressure regulator. Our water filter reduces the water pressure plenty.
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
My wet bay looks identical to yours and I JUST bought the one that MrCosio linked. I get it tomorrow, I will let you know how it fits.

Funny thing that I needed one after just one month. Here's a lesson learned.

Me being an engineer, I over think the simplest things. I thought it would be best to put a cheap filter that took the chlorine out inline before my whole house filter. So I bought a cheap blue Camco inline filter. Last week, I could not fill my fresh water tank, After Newmar Customer Support convinced me that I had a faulty Fill ball valve, I was setting up an appt with North Trail to get it replaced and Brett Howard, the GM at the Fort Lauderdale site, asked me to take out the filter cartridge and see if that would fill the tank, It did!

Apparently the blue carbon filter took out the chlorine TOO well and red algae clogged up the filter totally.
I do not fill water tank with filter. Tracing lines with Lazer pointer it goes through some type of 3-way where discharge of fresh water pump and city water tie-in then go through filter into coach. Once again this was marking lines and using laser pointer along with machinist mirror, oh and gimp foot!
Old 12-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
I do not fill water tank with filter. Tracing lines with Lazer pointer it goes through some type of 3-way where discharge of fresh water pump and city water tie-in then go through filter into coach. Once again this was marking lines and using laser pointer along with machinist mirror, oh and gimp foot!
Why would you not want to fill with filter?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:42 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks
LongRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
My fill line is downstream of whole home filter another story, thanks nebster my 2 filters showed up just now. As soon as my gimp foot heals I will check out these filters on MH.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:44 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Getting back to the original question: My wet bay looks almost exactly like the one in the picture - except for the tank rinse drain. I wish I had that drain because every time I disconnect my tank rinse hose, I have to put a bucket below it to catch about a pint of water that spills out.

I have a pex loop under my bath sink that comes up through the floor with what looked like a check valve at the top before returning back down through the cabinet floor. There was a leak there recently, and the repair guy replaced what I think was a check valve with regular fittings. No more leak at that point, but my tank rinse spills a ton of water when the hose is disconnected. Ideas?
Old 12-17-2015, 07:34 AM   #23

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Also dealer had already installed water filter. I was going to order an extra one, does anyone know what size a 2015 DS uses. Once I get home I will be able to depressure water system and meausure, but I was ordering a few items this morning and thought I would through in a Watts filter.
Thanks David

This is where I get my water filters. They can advise you on all water filter matters RV related: [URL]https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/[URL]
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:44 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Willy View Post
Getting back to the original question: My wet bay looks almost exactly like the one in the picture - except for the tank rinse drain. I wish I had that drain because every time I disconnect my tank rinse hose, I have to put a bucket below it to catch about a pint of water that spills out.

I have a pex loop under my bath sink that comes up through the floor with what looked like a check valve at the top before returning back down through the cabinet floor. There was a leak there recently, and the repair guy replaced what I think was a check valve with regular fittings. No more leak at that point, but my tank rinse spills a ton of water when the hose is disconnected. Ideas?
I think all the tank rinses spill out quite a bit of water , the check valve must be up the line some distance. I put a cheap plastic shut off valve on mine so then the bay stays dry when I disconnect.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:50 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by what next View Post
I think all the tank rinses spill out quite a bit of water , the check valve must be up the line some distance. I put a cheap plastic shut off valve on mine so then the bay stays dry when I disconnect.
That's a good idea. Can you post a pic when you have time?
Wild Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:19 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Here is the shut off, my rinse hose also has a shut off on the quick disconnect . I only get a couple of drops spillage between the two.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1450559797568.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	114489  
Old 12-20-2015, 07:04 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Excellent, thanks for the advice! I'll be buying one of those asap.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:22 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You can also buy the tank rinse fitting from Newmar with a check valve in it. Same one is used for the fresh water fill. I think it was about $12 or so.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote