Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #29

Zman62
Great looking coach. I also took delivery of our London Aire the last day of November. We had been looking on line and found one that matched what we wanted.We found it at Coachlight RV in Carthage Mo. It was a short trip up there from the Tulsa ok area we liked it even more after we had seen it. We drove it and knew we wanted it and didn't have to wait although it would be worth the wait. We worked out the trade after a few weeks. Two weeks at the most. We went with the 4553 floor plan, exterior, Mystique,interior Carmel glazed cherry. A bunch more options we had took a 3,000 mile trip. We did have a few minor glitches, dash air didn't work, a little rattle by the driver window.
It's up at Coachlight getting those things fixed. They were great to work with, sales, delivery,and no problem with fixing a few glitches. Waiting for the weather to clear up to go and get it. They are buffing a few places that we missed when picking up. It was cold and cloudy when picked up nothing major just a little touch up. Real happy with it, all systems worked great. I think they hit a home run with the London Aire.
Looking to see what other London Aires owners think .We love ours and know you love yours.. What floor plan do you have. And options, again great looking coach.
Steve
Smosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smosher View Post
Zman62
Great looking coach. I also took delivery of our London Aire the last day of November. We had been looking on line and found one that matched what we wanted.We found it at Coachlight RV in Carthage Mo. It was a short trip up there from the Tulsa ok area we liked it even more after we had seen it. We drove it and knew we wanted it and didn't have to wait although it would be worth the wait. We worked out the trade after a few weeks. Two weeks at the most. We went with the 4553 floor plan, exterior, Mystique,interior Carmel glazed cherry. A bunch more options we had took a 3,000 mile trip. We did have a few minor glitches, dash air didn't work, a little rattle by the driver window.
It's up at Coachlight getting those things fixed. They were great to work with, sales, delivery,and no problem with fixing a few glitches. Waiting for the weather to clear up to go and get it. They are buffing a few places that we missed when picking up. It was cold and cloudy when picked up nothing major just a little touch up. Real happy with it, all systems worked great. I think they hit a home run with the London Aire.
Looking to see what other London Aires owners think .We love ours and know you love yours.. What floor plan do you have. And options, again great looking coach.
Steve
We also have the 4553. Sounds like you found a great coach and didnt have to wait. The wait was not fun as patients is not my strong point. Ours has been absolutely awesome. We have been in it since November and the only issue was the rear a/c quit blowing cold air. I took it apart and found it had blown its charge. Newmar shipped me a new one and took about an hour or so and we were up an running again. We have had a ton of coaches and this is by far the best so far.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Zman, and anyone else that can comment.

Wondering how the Silverleaf control system compares to having individual controls for inverters, a/c, etc. on your past coaches. Better? Worse?

For me, having all the systems integrated into one window so to speak, would be easier to understand than trying to figure out having multiple controls to chase down the same information. Hopefully that makes sense.
Build or used, it would be one of the benefits of going to the MADP vs. DSDP.

Your LA is a beauty, but not in our budget.

Thanks.
Tom
I absolutely love the silverleaf. It is so nice having everything on one screen and in two locations. I never could figure out why people loved this set up so much. Now I know. You will love it.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeHappy View Post
Wow! Zeman62 wonderful looking coach....a beauty! Interested in what you refer to "modifications addicted to...". Please share more details if you can, and thanks. We are starting the process of finding the "next" coach and learning what modifications others find useful / must haves will help us as we seriously look at Newmar. So much to love in the LADP.

Safe travels to all.
I unfortunately have the addiction pretty bad. I drive my wife nuts. I have done the tire pressure monitors, surge protector, moved the peg board back and built shelves for my fluids, installed a pressure washer and deionizeing water system for washing the coach and air compressor with 50ft hose reel. I am sure there are things I have forgotten. I love making it ours and fixing any of our complaints. Again its an addiction...LOL
Old 02-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyskipper View Post
Zman,

Just wanted to know do you find the coach rock back and forth when going down the road or does the wind make it lean. I am thing of picking it up at the factory so as to get all of the know hows from them first hand, any comments about that. I also think dealers should discount it well since I am picking it up at the factory, what discount off of MSRP should I expect???

Thanks
It is very steady going down the road. I dont think you will notice much lean is my guess. I spent about 80 miles in 40 mile an hour cross winds. I am 80 ft long and 13ft high with our stacker. I was amazed how effortless it was. I was truly amazed
Old 02-20-2015, 06:55 AM   #34

Did you put your own surge protector in and was there plenty room in that area. I had put one in my Camelot and didn't have any problem. I was told by the progressive group to put it downstream from the gen. They said that was the best place because the generator was giving very clean electric. How much room or how far back did you move the peg board. I have an air multiplier as when I had my Newell. It does come in handy when you are low on air. I had full fuel and half water and weight all three axles I believe it was around 46,000. Lbs. I run 125 psi in front and 95 in the drive axle and 100 in the tag. Don't hold me to those numbers but I have them written down which are in the coach
It was cold and I was watching the tire pressure all the way down to Florida and back. Didn't seem to go up near as high as my other coaches. There again it was cold and cool in Florida. Great additions you have put on your coach.
Does yours have the double recliners ours does and that was one of the things that was a must. The guys at Coachlight must have read our mind. The heated floors are great I would not have ordered it that way but sure glad they are in there. It warms the coach up by itself.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smosher View Post
Did you put your own surge protector in and was there plenty room in that area. I had put one in my Camelot and didn't have any problem. I was told by the progressive group to put it downstream from the gen. They said that was the best place because the generator was giving very clean electric. How much room or how far back did you move the peg board. I have an air multiplier as when I had my Newell. It does come in handy when you are low on air. I had full fuel and half water and weight all three axles I believe it was around 46,000. Lbs. I run 125 psi in front and 95 in the drive axle and 100 in the tag. Don't hold me to those numbers but I have them written down which are in the coach
It was cold and I was watching the tire pressure all the way down to Florida and back. Didn't seem to go up near as high as my other coaches. There again it was cold and cool in Florida. Great additions you have put on your coach.
Does yours have the double recliners ours does and that was one of the things that was a must. The guys at Coachlight must have read our mind. The heated floors are great I would not have ordered it that way but sure glad they are in there. It warms the coach up by itself.
Yes we have the recliners as well. Its so nice not getting a kink in your neck watching tv.. I think with the peg board move back I was able to make a shelf about 6 inches deep. I ended up with two shelves mounted to the peg board. I also cut a 6 inch square hole in the peg board on the lower right and side. I then slid 5 inch plastic fence post through the hole next to the tanks. It will slide all the way to the wet bay. I now store my dump hose in it so its out of the way.

I could not imagine not having heated floors
Old 02-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #36

Thanks for the info. I'm sure your lights under your cabinets behind your recliners are connected to the ceiling lights. Mine are,
there is no switch for under the cabinets lights on the drivers side. Are yours the same way. It would have been nice to have them for reading in the recliners.
Steve
Old 02-21-2015, 10:00 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Yes we have the recliners as well. Its so nice not getting a kink in your neck watching tv.. I think with the peg board move back I was able to make a shelf about 6 inches deep. I ended up with two shelves mounted to the peg board. I also cut a 6 inch square hole in the peg board on the lower right and side. I then slid 5 inch plastic fence post through the hole next to the tanks. It will slide all the way to the wet bay. I now store my dump hose in it so its out of the way.

I could not imagine not having heated floors

Zman -

We recently ordered our LA - same model and configuration but reading how you like making improvements to your coach and you have had many; I am thinking maybe we should have waited for you LA to go on the market.

It's great to learn what people do that improve their coaches - great ideas. My list of things to do when we have our coach keeps growing, as I read postings on this forum - and it will be months before we take possession.

Meanwhile, good to hear about your LA experiences and of course the customizations.
Former Coach - Newmar London Aire
JCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:38 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAT View Post
Zman -

We recently ordered our LA - same model and configuration but reading how you like making improvements to your coach and you have had many; I am thinking maybe we should have waited for you LA to go on the market.

It's great to learn what people do that improve their coaches - great ideas. My list of things to do when we have our coach keeps growing, as I read postings on this forum - and it will be months before we take possession.

Meanwhile, good to hear about your LA experiences and of course the customizations.
Congratulations on your purchase! Waiting is not fun but worth it. You will love this coach. Cant wait to hear your thoughts once you are in it.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Besides what you will find in the QT's links below in my signature here is a thread with Mod's by the HOOT's that maybe of interest to you. Scroll back and forth in thread.
JACAT here is a Owners Guide to look at to pass the time.
Congratulations on your LADP.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote