Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2007, 04:26 AM   #43

I just dewinterized and getting ready for 2007. Everything is working well. I have to give Newmar credit for making the fresh water tank visible from the water utlity bay. The tank sensors are less than average and only correct when the MH is perfectly level.

The only improvement I would make is to eliminate the random location of fuse panels and inline fuse harnesses, especially the Spartan fuses near the batteries. These locations are not documented or marked and make roadside troubleshooting (always in the dark) aggravating.

In closing, Nemar's logical design of most systems is far superior to any other MH I have owned or looked at.

Newmar Mountain Aire
JerryKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #44

I really, really dislike the high volume and pitch of the HWH alarm. I'm all for safety, but I'm also concerned about hearing loss. I guess I'm going to have to buy some ear plugs and keep them next to the driver's seat.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #45
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I really, really dislike the high volume and pitch of the HWH alarm. I'm all for safety, but I'm also concerned about hearing loss. I guess I'm going to have to buy some ear plugs and keep them next to the driver's seat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remove the top of the dash. It's held in place by velcro.

The audible alarm is on the right, and the top can be turned to close off the sound outlets to quiet it down some.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #46

Dirk,
Thank You,I hope mine is the same,I am hearing impaired and that alarm actually hurts. Just keep lurkin & learnin here.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You could cover or wrap it with electrical or duct tape to quiet it even more.

Disconnecting it would probably be a bad idea.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #48

I would say the worst appearance item on my MH is the carpet (looks cheap). I have the tile in the entry,bath and kitchen. If I could change anything, it would be to go with full tile, except bedroom.
My other complaint is the 275/70R22.5 tires, should have came with 275/80R22.5 tires.
I have had my DSDP for 3 years and 34,000 miles
and that is all the complaints I can come up with.

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:44 AM   #49

[QUOTE] The vinyl panelling is what we have in the cheaper Newmars

I purchased a less expensive motorhome but Newmar made it cheap with the paper paneling. Newmar fixed mine under warranty. I forgot about this Newmar Joke because they advertise high quality.

Workingnoway
and loving it
sitting still until
04 KSDP
Workingnoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phototex:
I really, really dislike the high volume and pitch of the HWH alarm. I'm all for safety, but I'm also concerned about hearing loss. I guess I'm going to have to buy some ear plugs and keep them next to the driver's seat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

phototex;

The alarm should NEVER sound unless you have the ignition in run. If you use the ACC position the alarm will not sound. If you are going to intentionally run the engine with the jacks extended look under the dash panel and pull the Fuse, I think it is #15, but it is marked on the panel cover. Just don't replace the cover until you replace the fuse. Charlie
Old 03-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
CharlieM is right. I put the jacks in while the ignition is in the ACC position, no alarm.

However, the fuse for my alarm is in the front right compartment. Not sure if that is the only two places the fuses would be.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #52

Thanks to Dirk, Javajelly, and CharlieM for the info on the HWH alarm. I never even knew about the accessory position. I feel kind of silly. I've closed all the holes in the speaker and put electrical tape on top of that. Much better.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
As usual, there will be no charge for the assistance.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:08 AM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
After all the information and help I have received from this forum, I'm glad I'm able to actually help someone else.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #55

Although already posted by a great guy, the black ladder, for those with such on an '07/08. If you have one, chime in.

Peter
Old 03-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #56

Yes, it's a great ladder that goes perfect with our partial black rear end-sure beats the silver ones! Was just up there taking pictures of the marina with our friends 63 Bertram Sportsfisherman.