RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
G'Morning Newmar Gang!! Well, here we are all moved in to our new rig in Tucson, and almost all the "tweaks", "fixes", and other stuff we bargained to have done on the rig are completed (still waiting for parts delivery from Newmar for 4 little things...geeez, they're slow), but it's nice having it almost done!! ONE THING THOUGH...We AGAIN want to THANK YOU NEWMAR iRV2 OWNERS who post on this site for the enormous assistance you've provided (whether or not you knew it). If you folks hadn't been talking about topics like the..."ISM Fan Belt Replacement issue", ......and the ...."Tag Axel Bearing Repair issue",.... we wouldn't necessarily have ever been aware of these issues, and may not have built these matters into our Purchase Agreement for the new rig!!! In this case, I sincerely believe it wasn't a matter of the dealer trying to hide anything since the rig we bought had just come on the lot when we stumbled into it AND we've come to VERY MUCH TRUST this dealership (Freedom RV/Tucson). However, if you guys hadn't helped, it's likely we'd have purchased the rig, THEN had to take care of all those fixes and repair recall things on our own later on. BOY, WE APPRECIATE THIS FORUM!!!!! Thank you once again.. See you down the road. Steve & Lynette

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
G'Morning Newmar Gang!! Well, here we are all moved in to our new rig in Tucson, and almost all the "tweaks", "fixes", and other stuff we bargained to have done on the rig are completed (still waiting for parts delivery from Newmar for 4 little things...geeez, they're slow), but it's nice having it almost done!! ONE THING THOUGH...We AGAIN want to THANK YOU NEWMAR iRV2 OWNERS who post on this site for the enormous assistance you've provided (whether or not you knew it). If you folks hadn't been talking about topics like the..."ISM Fan Belt Replacement issue", ......and the ...."Tag Axel Bearing Repair issue",.... we wouldn't necessarily have ever been aware of these issues, and may not have built these matters into our Purchase Agreement for the new rig!!! In this case, I sincerely believe it wasn't a matter of the dealer trying to hide anything since the rig we bought had just come on the lot when we stumbled into it AND we've come to VERY MUCH TRUST this dealership (Freedom RV/Tucson). However, if you guys hadn't helped, it's likely we'd have purchased the rig, THEN had to take care of all those fixes and repair recall things on our own later on. BOY, WE APPRECIATE THIS FORUM!!!!! Thank you once again.. See you down the road. Steve & Lynette

Old 01-15-2008, 06:49 AM   #3
SMC

We bought from Freedom RV too. I have mixed feelings, some very positive, others, well, it goes to owners be aware.

I just can't buy into the line that the dealers don't know about the recalls etc. Wouldn't it be nice if that was taken care of BEFORE you got the rig? I would think that if a dealer said, "We have such and such a recall on this rig and it will be documented and taken care of before we deliver it". That would sure get my vote!

Congrats on the new rig and safe travels.

'06 Torrey Pines
SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We are glad we could be of help with you getting the backing from your dealer. Wheather they new of the problems you were going to have, if you didn't visit irv2, who can tell.
We do have people arrive to late with problems that will have a harder time, to get them resolved, after giving out their check.
I do know having experienced it that some dealers could care less about problems, just want to sell coach and say we will take care of that, if the customer has the smarts to find what they are trying to hide, is not going to happen for some customers.
Congrats on your new coach many safe and happy travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:49 AM   #5

The hard sell at any cost, and worry about problems you know exist, later, is the reason the Federal Government got involved so heavily with the automobile industry 40 years ago. It took many deaths, from similar problems (Ralph Nader/Corvair, Ford Falcon gas tank) for the goverment to realize that the industry was going to do nothing. The RV/big rig industry is on the cusp of receiving such attention.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:08 AM   #6

If the FEMA trailers didn't get some attention in Washington, I don't know what will...
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #7

I wish I had found iRV2 prior to buying, it may have educated me about some known issues/problems that I could have had addressed while I had the time. One of which has already stranded me in the boonies as I speak.
This has to be one of the best RV forums out there. Other forums educated me on different brands, but this one is head & shoulders above them in useable information.
Kudos to iRV2 and the participating members!!!

CSX4350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #8

I am also very pleased with the information from this forum.

A couple of things you may want to look at before you leave with your new rig are the correct tire air pressure and 6 or 4 point weights. Take the coach to a place you can get either 4 or 6 point weights. The dealer can also call Newmar and get the weights of the Coach as it left Newmar. My coach was delivered with 1800 lbs delta on the front axle. Also the air pressure was way too low at 85 psi in the front tires.

2009 Essex (4502), 2005 Jeep
Gene & Kaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
cwg

Thank goodness for the IRV2 forum. Armed with the information from all the contributors and a few phone calls, I felt somewhat confident in making the decision last year when purchasing a new rig on a K-2 chassis. I became proactive and insisted the dealer do several things before taking delivery.

I really feel the dealer was unaware of the fan belt issues, slide selenoid remount and others. When I told the service manager some of these things, she exclaimed in total candid seriousness, "I hate it when my customers know more than I do about the recalls or issues".

cwg is offline   Reply With Quote