Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2015, 01:57 PM   #1

What furniture in 2016 London Aire?

Does anyone know what furniture is being installed in the 2016 London Aire? Is it Villa or Flexsteel?

Michman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
The 2015 London Aire has Villa furniture.

I can't see Newmar changing that.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
The 2015 London Aire has Villa furniture.

I can't see Newmar changing that.
I suspect this is correct, but do note that Newmar changed this option in both Dutch Star and Mountain Aire for '16: '15 Dutch Star was supplied from Newmar with Villa Comfort Fit furniture and '15 Mountain Aire was supplied with regular Villa furniture, but for '16 for both models, they are supplying Flexsteel. Not sure what they are doing with London Aire, but pictures from Steinbring.com seem to show the same Flexsteel furniture on '16 LA as on '16 MA and DS.

Deek
FMCA #363986 / 'Living the Dream' ... What an Incredible Hoot!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit AWD / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:38 PM   #4

See the summary at Steinbring RV for the Mountain Aire "Flexsteel furniture package with power L-shaped and Extenda-flex sofas/dinettes (select models)"

Essex has Villa and no comment for London Aire at Steinburg summary. Maybe they have not decided yet?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:24 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
See the summary at Steinbring RV for the Mountain Aire "Flexsteel furniture package with power L-shaped and Extenda-flex sofas/dinettes (select models)"

Essex has Villa and no comment for London Aire at Steinburg summary. Maybe they have not decided yet?

In looking at the pictures of the '16 MA and the '16 LA on the Steinbring site, the furniture design looks to be the same. My guess is that LA is also Flexsteel for '16 unless we are confused in what we're seeing on the Steinbring site.

Deek
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit AWD / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Old 05-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
A call to Michelle in morning may solve your problem.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:03 PM   #7

I am pretty sure the LA and the Essex use the same, Villa
Old 05-26-2015, 02:16 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have thought that Villa furniture was for the bourgeois RVs and Flexsteel for the proletariat RVs. It may be time for Michelle to send your sizes to Villa and have custom seating built for those who will pay for it.

In 1977 I went to the Villa plant in Anaheim, CA and had custom front seats made for myself and my wife and 2 proletariat seats for the kids behind us. We were measured, picked out the type of leather and color and other seat options, and our weight was considered in the manufacture of the seats for my 1 ton '77 Chevy van; they were so comfortable I kept the van for 30 years and rebuilt the engine twice before I gave it the gardener in 2007.
2012 Bay Star 2901, 2 ACs, 5.5KW Onan, 765W solar & Outback FM-60, 800 AH Lifeline AGMs & Magnum MS2812 + AGS + BMK, Koni FSDs, Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Rear Track Bar, MCD Duo shades w/powered cockpit, remodeled galley, Sumo springs and 2008 Tacoma 4x4 toad.
joes2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:18 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
I am pretty sure the LA and the Essex use the same, Villa
Pictures definitely don't show it this way. The '16 LA pictures show the same furniture as on the '16 MA -- the same look Flexsteel as shown and as stated on the Steinbring web site. The pictures show that Essex and King Aire are different -- they look like Villa all the way.

Not sure why Newmar made this change back to Flexsteel. Time will tell if people like the change.

Deek
Old 05-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Pictures definitely don't show it this way. The '16 LA pictures show the same furniture as on the '16 MA -- the same look Flexsteel as shown and as stated on the Steinbring web site. The pictures show that Essex and King Aire are different -- they look like Villa all the way.

Not sure why Newmar made this change back to Flexsteel. Time will tell if people like the change.

Deek
When I did my initial comparison between Flexsteel and Villa in the 2016 Dutch Star compared to my 2015 Dutch Star, the Villa seemed to provide better padding and the texture of the leather was softer. This evaluation was only done via hand touch, not by the seat-of-my-pants evaluation. That being said, my front seats already have marring on them due to my 45lb aussie jumping on the seat. I'm planning to put some custom sheep covers to protect the seats. Maybe the Flexsteel will be more durable over time?

-Tom
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #11

Hi! The london Aire is supposed to be staying with the Villa furniture again. Regards, Paul