Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #15

American Coach Owners Club
That may be what it is supposed to do, but when I turn my switch off the LP detectors continues to blink green. So either my switch is not working, or the switch does somethign different than others...LOL i suspect the switch isn't working. But it does not turn off the detector.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchips
That may be what it is supposed to do, but when I turn my switch off the LP detectors continues to blink green. So either my switch is not working, or the switch does somethign different than others...LOL i suspect the switch isn't working. But it does not turn off the detector.
With switch off did you still have propane at the stove. Would probably take a minute or so to clear the line but would burn itself out fairly fast.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
Never tried to see if it actually closed the LP system down. Everyone on here said it only turned off the detector, so that's all I looked at. But checking to see is on my list. I just don't remember seeing any wires or anything on the tank that would make me think there was an elect valve.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The only wire on the tank is the wire to the display leds on LP INDICATOR.
After you through the switch go to the detector and see if your can put on alarm.
As someone said it may run out its life and needs to be change mone still works after ten years.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #19

Thanks to you all for the enlightenment on the LP switch. Nina and I just bought a 2000 Dutch Star last month and have yet to take her on our first trip. In my frequent check out visits in the coach, I too found the switch and didn't have the foggest idea of what the switch controlled. However, I think I now understand why the battery's lose voltage unless connected to shore power. Lots of good people here and great info on this site.
Thanks to you all
Dennis
DuraFlap Mud Flaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Dennis to the forum and congratulations on the Newmar.
Here is a Brochure and a Owners Guide for the coach.
You can find other info in the QT's links 1 & 2 plus the new # 3.
And of course you have all of us to answer your questions.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
What are these switches??? '96 Newmar cl-A, sa3755,kountry star

I also have switch "identity crisis"...Please help me identify these switches:
1. Power panel over door, 3 white dc on/off on same switch box above tank monitor panel. First one on left is the is alert power but other two unsure. Has a label "security" above those two.
2. Again, power panel- raised box switch directly below the water heater switch. Has one socket w/ 120v on/off switch, and 2nd socket w/ a red glow light.
3. Two 12v wall switches right side(driver's)of bed, waist high just left of window valance.
I have tried these switches but no visual indicator of what they affect. Thank you for your help. John M.
jmoseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum & irv2.Picture_158 - iRV2.com RV Photo Gallery

The switch marked security is for the large lights outside one switch will put on the two lights or you may have one for each light.

You will have a water heater switch for the AC element in WH and a switch for using the LP gas for WH. You will also have a switch on WH face that needs to be on so the element will work.

TWO switch's near bed are for your overhead speakers in bedroom control for volume off fader control of your radio.
if you have a third would be for security light on bedroom slide.

You could possibly have a security light on your LR slide controlled by a group of three switch's for interior lights.

The battery cut off switch is to disconnect your house batteries when only in storage all other times leave operated so your BIRD System can keep all your batteries charged when you have the shore power cord plugged into at least a 110 outlet.

You have a step locking switch in display area and a LP switch which cuts off power to your LP Detector so it will not discharge your chassis engine batteries when in storage.

In the future please post a new thread for your questions, your question may get lost on someone else's thread.

You can always add a question on your thread with a new post.
Enjoy the forums.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #23

Jmosley, The 2 switches labeled security are probably for the big flat circular lights on the sides of the coach, left switch for left light etc. Duplex socket looking switch & light is for electric element in water heater, other water heater switch is for LP use of water heater. They can be used together for quicker hot water recovery. Art.